Chelsea
Chelsea, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  5 years of experience in tutoring

The policing function falls under which branch of government

Customer Question

The policing function falls under which branch of government in the United States? (Points : 10)
Executive branch
Legislative branch
Judicial branch
None of the above
All of the above

2. The enforcement of laws deemed appropriate to the situation or related to the priorities of the agency and community is referred to as: (Points : 10)
Full enforcement
"ghost law" enforcement
selective enforcement
"turn the other cheek" enforcement

3. What were the internal security officials called who existed in the city-states of ancient Egypt around 2900 B.C.? (Points : 10)
"Dynastic Appointees"
"Judges Commandment of the Police"
"Praetorian Guards"
"Vigiles"

4. The foundation for the early Roman legal system, one in which laws were inscribed on brass panels and set up for public inspection, was known as:

(Points : 10)
the Code of Hammurabi
Mosaic Law
The Law of the People
the Laws of the Twelve Tables

5. A group of citizens equipped with rattles to warn of their watchful presence in New Amsterdam of colonial America was referred to as the: (Points : 10)
rattlesnake division
rattlewatch
watch and ward
slave patrols

6. What was the period in American history in which people sought to reform and upgrade the courts, schools, and other urban institutions? (Points : 10)
Enlightenment Period
American Renaissance
Birth of Postmodernism
Progressive Movement

7. Article IV of the United States Constitution that states the individual states shall not make any laws that are contrary to those laws outlined by the United States Constitution is called: (Points : 10)
The Jurisdictional Clause
The Supremacy Clause
The Federalistic Clause
The National Clause

8. The authority of the courts to review cases from lower courts and rule on the constitutionality of laws is called: (Points : 10)
veto power
concurrent jurisdiction
judicial review
supremacy

9.

As discussed by Frederick Taylor, this theory of work organization held that if you understand and analyze a job by breaking it down into its smallest parts, you can train workers to the exact task without wasting time or effort.
(Points : 10)
Systems theory
Rationalization
Bureaucracy
Scientific Management

10. The contingency theory perspective recognizes multiple factors within the organization; and decisions are “dependent upon” and “subject to” the evaluation and interaction of what main four factors? (Points : 10)
Distinct levels within the organization
Differentiation or specialization between units
leadership style, (b) technology, (c) environment, and (d) life cycle stage
A single line of authority from top to bottom
Managers with an extremely broad span of control
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chelsea replied 1 year ago.

Chelsea :

Hi, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'd be happy to help you with these questions!

Chelsea :

First, though, is this a timed assignment?

Customer:

yes... I only have 20 minutes

Chelsea :

ok, then I'll go ahead and message you the answers as I get them

Chelsea :

there are 10 questions total, right?

Customer:

yes ma'am

Chelsea :

1. executive branch

Chelsea :

perfect!

Chelsea :

2. selective enforcement

Chelsea :

3. "Judges Commandment of the Police"

Chelsea :

4. Laws of the Twelve Tables

Chelsea :

5. rattlewatch watch

Chelsea :

6. Progressive movement

Chelsea :

7. Supremacy clause

Chelsea :

8. judicial review

Chelsea :

9. Systems theory

Customer:

#9 I believe is Scientific Management.... I was able to get that one from my book, lol

Chelsea :

I'm not particularly familiar with contingency theory, but I believe that one is "(b) technology, (c) environment, and (d) life cycle stage"

Customer:

ok great .. thanks a bunch for your help

Chelsea :

if you've got a minute to spare, I'm taking a look at #9 again....

Chelsea :

you're right (especially if it's in your book) that a better answer is probably scientific management...I'm sorry about that one!

Customer:

Thats fine.. I got 90!!! =)_ Thanks for the help!!!

Chelsea :

Awesome! If that's all you need tonight, please don't forget to rate my answer before you exit the chat window!

Customer:

Thats it!!! Thanks a bunch!!!

Chelsea, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: 5 years of experience in tutoring
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Chelsea

are you out there tonight?
Expert:  Chelsea replied 1 year ago.
I sure am! What can I do for you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was wondering if you could help me with another timed assignment ?
Expert:  Chelsea replied 1 year ago.
I'd be happy to! Does it have to be done tonight, or would tomorrow be ok?
Expert:  Chelsea replied 1 year ago.
It's also going to need to be posted in a new question thread. You can assign it to me just by writing "for Chelsea" at the top. And then let me know that it's open before you open the questions...that'll put us back in the chat box which works a whole lot better.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If I start it I have to finish it. So if you want to wait til tomorrow that would be fine. It would have to be in the evening if thats ok with you? I only have an hour to do it in.
Expert:  Chelsea replied 1 year ago.
That would work great! It's just that I'm in the eastern time zone and have to be up so early. What time do you want to meet back here? I've got complete flexibility.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
believe it or not I am too. lol.. Im at work though. I am working tomorrow as well.. how about 8 pm? does that work for you???
Expert:  Chelsea replied 1 year ago.
Sure that'll be fine. I'll see you back here then, and if you can open it up in a new question for us that would be great!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
just put "for Chelsea at the top of it???
Expert:  Chelsea replied 1 year ago.
Yup, that's all you need to do. There's also a way in the future for you to send a request directly to me, but I'm not 100% sure how it works off your end. Either way, since I know to watch for it the simplest way of just using a heading will work perfectly!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok great! Thanks again !!!! =)
Expert:  Chelsea replied 1 year ago.
Thank you! I'll see you tomorrow at 8pm ET. :)
Expert:  Chelsea replied 1 year ago.
Hi! Would a different time work better for you with your work, or do you still want to do this assignment tonight?