TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

I need help converting the template from THUMBNAILS NAVIGATION

I need help converting the template from THUMBNAILS NAVIGATION GALLERY WITH JQUERY from CoDrop into the Jeopardy Categories site, where the user select which type of Jeopardy (Single or Double) and what kind of game they want. From the button, it should show the game loaded from the XML. I just want to see the transition from categories site to jeopardy game.

I would prefer to have the user to click the category then have the Jeopardy game appear in the right of the screen, while the categories disappear.

The game I have developed have the blank design but with no data.

I did little of bare programming.

It is getting harder to merge them together. I would like some assistance.

URL: I tried my best but it is a mess.
Hello again and welcome back! Thank you for requesting me.

I will take a look and get back to you soon.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for helping me. I will prefer using the site from as the main. Just letting you know.

What is the thumbnail gallery supposed to do?

I click on categories. I get a category that is layered under the background so that I cannot see it. If I hover over it, JavaScript throws a bunch of errors.

So the page doesn't do anything. Is it supposed to do something?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No... It is not fully functional. It is supposed to display the button under the category, nothing else.

Alright, I have reviewed the different pages.

I need a better description of what you need. Please provide a description of the functionality that you want. For instance:

Do you want to use the categories drop down like in the thumbnails one?

1.) User goes to page
2.) User clicks on one of the category drop downs
3.) User clicks on the "Play Game" button under the category
4.) "Game" is displayed (please define "game") and the categories go away...

Is a "game" the grid type environment seen in the second set of code that you sent me?

Is this a good description of what is needed? If not, please provide a detailed description.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes, that is exactly I want it to be.

the game is the grid type I send you and the programming on the following attachment Please feel free to edit any JavaScript/JQuery code. I really want it to be efficient.

Thank you,

I will contact you once I get this worked out.
Your code is throwing an error because it is attempting to load test.txt and there is no such file. What is that file?

Also, the URL for the PHP is not responding. If it was responding, it would cause an access origin error on my computer because you cannot perform this type of an AJAX call across domains.

Can you send me the PHP or XML for that? Without it, your code doesn't do anything.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Could you tell me which URL you talking about?

In your code, there is a function called getGameList. Within that function is an AJAX call to:

The problem with that is 1.) That URL does not respond and 2.) You cannot call a remote URL from an AJAX call (unless it is PJSON, which we won't get into here). In short, you cannot use AJAX unless it is on the same domain you are working on.

Without a response from that function, your code does nothing. You just have a blank and no data. So if you could send me the php file (get_games_list.php) or the actual XML that should be returned, that would help.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here is the output XML of the PHP

Thank you.

I will contact you once this is complete.
Hello again!

Alright, I have it so that the GAME (which there is only one in the XML so far), displays as the black category item. When you click on it, two buttons show up. One for Jeopardy, one for single Jeopardy.

When you click on one of the buttons, the corresponding categories are displayed at the top of the page, fade in, and the category options fade out.

The problem now is that I do not have the XML for the actual questions.

It looks like these would be retrieved via AJAX from:

Once again, I cannot access the XML for those. Can you send it so that I can implement the rest of the game board?

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

So what is the progress?

I just got your files, so the progress is the same as stated before. I was unable to continue working until you sent these files just now. I expect this will take 2 - 3 hours more to work out.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alright then.

Hello again!

Please download the files here:

So, you asked me to get the game showing up, not to complete all of the game itself. Let me explain what has been done.

Right now, it using static html files. Go into game . js inside of the js folder. On lines 39 and 95, you can see the commented out URL for your site. Right after those lines is the URL to the static file. When you switch it back, remember to comment out the static ones. For now, you can see this working using the static ones.

When you load the page, the games come up. Currently, the XML has only one game. Select it and then you can select either Jeopardy or Double Jeopardy.

When you select one, the menu disappears and the game appears. It shows each of the questions.

I noticed that your JavaScript simply sent out an alert onblur for the questions. I placed an onblur on the questions also, but I have it so that the question disappears and the answer fades in onblur.

Of course, you can change any of the styles or the game functionality. The point was to get the game displaying as a result of clicking the menu items, and that is done.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am not seeing the results on Chrome :(

I am using chrome and it is working perfectly.

Are you using a web server like WAMP or XAMPP? You must use a server, just like you would a PHP project. If you attempt to open the index directly, it will not work because you will be causing an access origin error with the AJAX.

If you simply open in Chrome and then press F12, you will see this error message:

XMLHttpRequest cannot load file:///C:/wamp/www/jep/tng/ggl.xml. Origin null is not allowed by Access-Control-Allow-Origin

With your actual path. You cannot open the index directly. It must be opened through a web server. Browser security will not allow AJAX to function when you open the file directly.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much! What do you think I should improve from this site?

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Hello again!

I see that you rated my service as bad and then rated a previous post as excellent. Was that a mistake or was there something else that you needed?

Thank you
Hi Samuel,

Please let me know if you required additional assistance or were in some way dissatisfied. You seemed very grateful and happy with the results of the project and it is rather unusual for a person to provide a negative rating and then an excellent rating right after. If there is an issue, please let me know. You have been an excellent customer and I wouldn't want you walking away unhappy.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

TheDoctor, It was the accident. I was tired at night and click the wrong button. You have done a great job assistance and I couldn't think of a better tutor in this site.

Completely understood. I just wanted to make sure. Have a wonderful day!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You too!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello, can you reply my following homework request? The website is having the update and preventing the user to post new question. I found a way around that but I need you to reply my question then I will tell you what updates I need to add my site?