FiveStarLaw
FiveStarLaw, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question.

Customer Question

Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question. Note that a question and its answers may be split across a page break, so be sure that you have seen the entire question and all the answers before choosing an answer.
1. Suppose you're currently completing an examination online. When you're finished, you click on Reset Exam. Why would you do this?
A. To select a different examination to complete B. To start the examination over
C. To submit the examination for correction
D. To quit the examination until another time
2. Which one of the following statements suggests a good method for establishing a study schedule? A. Study where you feel comfortable—for example, where you do your household paperwork.
B. Plan to study in large blocks of time at one sitting.
C. Find out what works for others and then follow that plan.
D. Take regular breaks from your studies to keep you focused on the material you're currently studying.
3. What should you do first when you begin to study a new text or study unit? A. Survey the material in the text.
B. Start by reading the first page of text material.
C. Change the headings into questions.
D. Go through the unit and highlight italicized words.
4. On the Internet, you would you use the address http://www.m-w.com to A. learn study skills.
B. access an online dictionary.
C. gather information on current news.
D. access a free encyclopedia.
5. In what section of Penn Foster's Web site can you find dictionaries? A. Online Lessons
B. Student Library
C. FAQ-Need Help?
D. Homepage
6. Why should you log out when you finish an online session?
A. To advise the computer connection at Penn Foster that you are offline B. To speed up your computer for any other jobs you wish to perform C. To be courteous to others who may wish to use your computer
D. To prevent someone else from accessing your records
7. What is the main value of knowing the general meaning of a word's prefix or suffix? A. You can tell if the word is a verb or a noun.
B. You will be better able to spell the word.
C. You get clues as to a word's meaning.
D. You can sort out adjectives from adverbs.
8. One way to figure out the meaning of a new word is to A. use the SQ3R method.
B. look on the school's Web site.
C. look at the word in its context.
D. survey the section of material.
9. Which of the following is a Windows feature that allows you to temporarily store text? A. WordVault
B. Clipboard
C. Normal View
D. Typeover
10. Knowing the meaning of the acronym WYSIWYG can be most helpful to you when you A. want to check out a document you are about to print.
B. want to defeat the word wrap feature.
C. are entering text in a typeover mode.
D. are cutting and pasting sections of text.
11. In the Mouse Properties window, you can A. increase the mouse pad's size.
B. adjust the mouse's double-click speed.
C. specify new tasks for the mouse to perform.
D. change the color of the pointer.
12. Which one of the following word processing features saves you the most time when keying a document?
A. Hitting the Delete key B. Find-and-replace
C. Thesaurus
D. WYSIWYG
13. The Internet may best be compared to a/an
A. loud truck motor.
B. series of colored lights. C. enormous skyscraper. D. large network of roads.
14. Which of the following software programs provides for e-mail communication? A. Excel
B. WordPerfect
C. Outlook
D. Access
15. Which one of the following items would you be most likely to keep in a database? A. Address book
B. Sales reports
C. Payroll records
D. Financial statements
16. In a typical e-mail address, the "host" is A. an account designated by a user name.
B. CPU processor 2500.
C. the computer that houses an Internet connection. D. the receiver of an e-mail message.
17. Which of the following describes an advantage of using an electronic spreadsheet rather than a manual spreadsheet?
A. Wizards provide help with spreadsheet creation.
B. With an electronic spreadsheet, you would spend more time formatting the document.
C. An electronic spreadsheet automatically recalculates figures when you change numbers in a cell.
D. An electronic spreadsheet automatically checks to make sure that the formulas you enter are correct.
18. Search engines enable you to
A. find and replace a certain item in Word.
B. locate Web pages related to a specific subject. C. connect to a better ISP.
D. talk to people via the computer.
19. One main advantage of CD-ROMs is that
A. CD-ROMs can hold a lot of information.
B. CD-ROMs can store much more information than DVDs. C. the information on CD-ROMs can easily be manipulated. D. users can save files to CD-ROMs.

20. Which of the following functions does a browser perform? A. Automatically saves a copy of your e-mail
B. Links you to the Web
C. Finds sites devoted to a particular subject
D. Automates data calculation
End of exam
Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.

Welcome,

I am working on your answers and shall respond shortly
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay, thanks
You are welcome. Would 20 minutes meet your deadline?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.