Lisa L. Kawecki
Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience:  BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exper.
20507158

Select one of the following age groups: • 6 to 12 months •

Customer Question

Select one of the following age groups:
• 6 to 12 months
• 1 to 3 years
• 3 to 5 years
You’ll select three toys that manufacturers deem appropriate
for the age group you selected. For each of the toys, provide
the following:
• An image of the toy
• A detailed description of the toy
• Answers to the questions below:
1. Why is this toy developmentally appropriate for a
child in this age group?
2. Why is this toy appealing to a child in this age group?
3. Would a parent select this toy? Why or why not?
4. Would you select this toy to use with a child in this
age group? Why or why not?
Category: Homework
Expert:  Lisa L. Kawecki replied 1 year ago.
Good afternoon,

i would be happy to assist you with the information that you require. In addition to being an expert on the site, I am also a full time professor.

Please let me know if you prefer a specific age group, and when you need this.

I look forward to hearing back you,
Thank you kindly,
Lisa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Choose age group 3-5 years

TAnd tomorrow will be good to have the report

Thx

I will be happy to help and I will have this posted for you today

Lisa

I was in the process of finishing this question for you and I just received a phone call that a family member was taken to the hospital.

I will not be able to have this posted this evening.

I could have this posted for you tomorrow morning. If that is not acceptable, I understand, just let me know and I will opt out if you need me to.

Thank you kindly,
Lisa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No issues. Hope all is well.

THANK YOU!!

My father in law has a bad heart and we can take no chances.

I will have this posted for you this afternoon.Smile
Good morning,

I just wanted to let you know that I am in the process of posting your information and you will have it shortly.

LisaKiss

Thank you for allowing me to assist you today. Due to the length of this assignment with the pictures, I have to transfer the file in multiple sections. If you have any problems getting the information, please let me know, as it is saved on my computer.

Developmentally Appropriate Toys
For Children ages 3 - 5 year

Devolopmental Toy #1 : See and Spell

This is a wonderful toy that is recommended for girls and boys ages three to five years old. This product provides early reading and writing with hands on playful activities. This allows children to feel the alphabet while being able to see the letters and understand their shape in order to be able to recognize them. This product has picture and letter manipulatives to assist children in pre-reading concepts, phonics, and literacy development. This uses 20 puzzle pictures and more than 50 different color letter kids.

This toy is developmentally appropriate for the age group of 3 - 5 years becaue it helps children in acquiring their reading skills.

This toy is appealing to children of this age because it is multicolor, appeals to the visual learner as well as the tactile learner. This is also appealing because of the ability to take apart each new word and the wooden play boards appeal to children.

A parent would select this toy because it is durable, low cost, only $17.95, and it helps with reading skills. This toy helps improve fine motor skills and the children manipulate the letter pieces in the correct position. Parents would also be happy that this can be used for boys and girls.

Yes, I would select this toy because of the ability to create reading skills and fine motor skills and for the fact that it is portable and can be taken from one place to another.

Part II:

Developmental Toy #2 : Magnetic Mighty Mind

This toy has recently been rated as one of the top developmental toys for this age group. This developmental toy develops both creativity and helps children understand visual / spatial relationships. Children learn to solve puzzles on their own. This starts with simple manipulations of two half circles and then two full circles. This toy has magnetic tiles and contains 32 design tiles and 6 basic geometric shapes, 4 colors, large and small sizes. This also includes 30 sturdy puzzle board cards that are organized and programmed in numerical sequence to show children how to build and solve puzzles.

This toy is developmentally appropriate because it target fine motor skills, problem solving and visual spatial experiences. This targets several developmental areas.

This toy is appealing to children because of the versatility of the 30 puzzles boards along with the magnetic shapes that also target the visual child. Children are intrigued by the different shapes, sizes, and colors.
organization.

Yes, I would select this toy. In fact, I have used this toy with my nephews and nieces. This targets specific developmental skills while children learn and have fun and also learn how to be organized.

Part II:

PLEASE REMEMBER TO CLICK ONE OF THE TOP THREE ICONS SO THAT I MAY BE PAID.

FEEL FREE TO REQUEST ME ANY TIME IN THE FUTURE, SIMPLY TYPE, "FOR LISA K" BEFORE THE QUESTION.

Developmental Toy #3 : Animals are the Best Teachers

This has cute animals and games that teach basic skills. Animals are The Best Teachers has incredibly effective math blocks that teach measurement, number concepts, addition, subtraction, and even basic algebra. There are 47 geometric shapes in a rainbow of different colors that complete the animal pictures. This contains Inchimals, Animal Pattern Blocks and is appropriate for boys and girls ages 3 -4 years old.
This toy is developmentally appropriate because it allow children at such a young age to learn measurements, math, addition, subtraction and even algebra, which is amazing.

The toy is so appealing to children because it utilizes something that children love, animals, different shapes and colors.

Parents would definately chose this toy because it introduces concepts to children that they normally would not be able to handle at such as young age, such as pre-algebra. This toy does it in such as way that children do not realize it because they are having fun with the animals.

I would select this toy because it is innovative and very challenging while at the same time the children have fun, which means they are learning and equating learning with fun. This will serve them well for the future.

Lisa L. Kawecki, Certified Teacher
Experience: BA in Eng. & Edu.; 15 yrs. Teaching Exper.
Good afternoon,

I was just checking to see if you were satisfied with the information that I provided for you.

I hope you are doing well,
Have a great evening,
Lisa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you please send again the pictures of the toys as I am having trouble opening them.

Thx

of course I will, you caught me at a great time, just finishing with another customer.

Everytime I copy and past the pictures, the site gives me a message, "Entry is too long" It is very frustrating for experts, I can see the picitres available in the answers above, are you able to view the pictures?

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm really sorry to bother you again. but it seems there is a problem in getting the images. I tried in 2 laptops but still when I click to enlarge it does not work. I tried even saving the image directly but when you enlarge it, it becomes unclear. Is there other way to send the photos? maybe to my mail: XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX

Thx

You are not bothering me, that is what I am here for.

Register Here

I was afraid of that, there are allot of quirks to the program that the site uses. It is VERY frustrating for the experts and the customers. There is nothing that I can do.

I too wish I could e-mail it to you, as I have the entire assignment saved on my computer. But, the site does not allow experts and customers to e-mail. In fact, the site blocks all e-mail addresses, when your e-mail came through it showed on my screen as, xxxxx@xxxxxx.xxx

I only tell you this because the experts have little control other than simply doing work, and I just want you to know what is out of my hands.

Register Here

When I transfered the pictures, it said, click to enlarge, did that work?

The only option I have is to give you an internet address to get the picture of the toy, if you want that
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this might work. just give me the internet address of the toys and I shall download them myself.

tnx

o.k.,
Here is the internet address:
www.fatbraintoys.com/

Once you do that, simply type in the name of the toy and you will get a picture

Register Here

Let me know if that works, I will keep my fingers crossed for you

Register Here

Also, Let me know if you need anything else, I am happy to assist you. Once you are satisfied, please remember to rate my service so I may be paid.

Have a great weekend!!
Lisa
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

great it worked. thx.

Oh yea!!!!!

One way or another I would get the information to you

Register Here
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I believe I already rated your service. let me know if you did not get the rating.

Yes, I was paid, THANK YOU.

Register Here

I really enjoyed helping you. If you want to request me for any future assignments that you need assistance with, simply type, "For Lisa K", before the question.

Have a great weekend,
Lisa