Scott
Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)
3546829

a java programming question

Customer Question

hey, guys! i've a java programming question for you. this one is fairly simple, but it comes in two parts. the first step:

Make a Java program, MapColorer, that outputs a four-coloring for any given planar map or a message indicating that it is impossible (i.e., that the given input does not constitute a planar map).

Your program will get all of its input from the args. args[0] will specify the number of countries, presumed to be indexed from zero. The remaining args will be pairs of ints identifying pairs of adjacent countries.

Once that is done, the same program needs to be written but this time it must use standard input/output instead of the command line:

Make a second Java program, MapColorer2, that works exactly as above except that it gets all of its input from the standard input device. This will enable us to provide input via the keyboard; better yet, we can prepare input files and direct them to the program from the command line.

There are several ways to accomplish this; one method is described in Doing Standard I/O in Java (suggested link here, but it's not necessary http://my.cs.lmu.edu/~pdorin/stdio.in.Java.pdf ). The first line of the input file will specify the number of countries (a single int). Each remaining line will consist of a pair of ints which specify a pair of adjacent countries. As before, countries are indexed from zero.

also, this program does not have a gui interface, it's meant to use text output entirely in the terminal/command line

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is Greg.

Thanks for asking your programming prompt. Many experts have reviewed your question so far, but no one at this time has felt comfortable trying to help. The question may be just to difficult or not informative enough or priced to low.
Can you provide the specifics of what you are needing for this assignment as what you have provided above does not really show what is required. The more information you can provide, the easier it will be to find an expert who is best able to support your needs.
You can upload using a file sharing site such as mediafire.com or wikisend.com and then share the link here with us.
Hopefully someone will be able to provide a response to you soon.
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I’m a Moderator for this topic. It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're okay with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!