Chris12
Chris12, Teacher
Experience:  Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
32242116

Assignment 3: Logical Fallacies and the News For Week 1,

Assignment 3: Logical Fallacies and the News

For Week 1, address the following in a three-page paper:

Identify a current event or contemporary social issue that you are interested in analyzing using the critical thinking method. Your issue must be broad enough to sustain deep philosophical analysis and must have relevance to your community. This means that the issue should be one (1) about which reasonable minds can disagree, (2) that concretely affects people’s lives and (3)that requires a solution. Issues that only affect a few people or have only a minor impact are probably too narrow. Issues that you are not open to examining with an open mind will also not work well for this assignment. For some topic suggestions, you might want to browse some recent episodes of PBS’s Frontline series or the website of a reputable news organization.
Identify at least two news articles on your topic located using the South University Online Library and/or reputable news outlets. Make sure that the articles you choose present at least two different perspectives on the issue or event you choose and include information that you can use to develop your arguments and analysis. If you cannot locate two news articles on your topic, or if all of the articles share the same perspective, you should choose another topic. You should cite the two articles using correct APA citation.
Analyze the issue using the critical-thinking method. Identify and explain any logical fallacies that might be involved in any of the relevant arguments.

Submit your assignment in the W1: Assignment 3 Dropbox by Tuesday, May 7, 2013.
Assignment 3 Grading Criteria
Maximum Points
Clearly stated view on the issue. Cited facts, reasons, and information to support this view.
10
Addressed multiple points-of-view.
10
Explained critical thinking and applied the steps in the critical thinking model to the arguments in the articles.
10
Identified and explained logical fallacies.
10
Used correct spelling, grammar, and concise language.
5
Conformed to correct APA citation format and page length (3 pages).
5
Total:
50
Category: Homework
Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.

Chris12 :

No problem, I found it. What time on May 7th do you need the assignment? APA or MLA? Number of words or pages required? Number of references required? Is there any additional information needed to complete the assignment?

Customer:

I need the assignment before 12am. APA reference. There's no exact number of words, but it needs to be three pages. Two references

Customer:

At least two references.

Chris12 :

Okay, thank you. I'm on it.

Customer:

Thank you!

Chris12 :

You're welcome.

Customer:

Can you make sure that there is a link in the reference too.

Customer:

?*

Chris12 :

Yes, I can do that.

Customer:

Thank you!!!

Chris12 :

:)

Customer:

Are you done yet?

Chris12 :

I will be by this afternoon. Got slightly backed up but didn't forget about the assignment.

Customer:

Oh okay, thanks for the update.

Chris12 :

No problem.

Chris12 :

Here's the assignment, if you need help again please let me know? https://www.box.com/s/bm7vb5d21toc291giu1f

Chris12, Teacher
Experience: Resource Center Assistant, Researcher, Tutor
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for your help again! I have an issue. Well I wanted to post another essay assignment, but I don't have any money in my account at this time and my assignment has to be due by May 11 so I was wondering if I could just tell u about my assignment on here and than when I posted u probably have it done or nearly done. I would greatly appreciate that. Please let me know ASAP.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.

Send me the info I need to complete the assignment and you can pay me later, an IOU.

How does that sound?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OK! Thanks!!!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Assignment 1: Philosophy and Media

By Saturday, May 11, 2013, respond to the assigned discussion questions and submit your responses to the appropriate topic in this Discussion Area. You should quote or paraphrase from specific pages in the course text to support your claims about philosophical ideas and concepts, using correct APA citation. Start reviewing and responding to your classmates and the facilitator as early in the week as possible.

Address the following in a three-page paper:

• Identify a film, book, television show, or other form of media/art that involves characters/narrators reflecting upon the nature of identity and the self. Cite the media using correct APA citation.
  • Explain at least one theory of identity from this week’s readings. For example, you might discuss rationalism, empiricism, or phenomenology. Cite support from the primary text selections in the chapter as well as authoritative secondary sources such as the course text and online lectures.
  • Analyze the film using at least one of the theories of identity or freedom from this week’s readings and lectures.
  • You may want to consider the following questions while choosing a relevant theory and analyzing the media:
  • Do the characters doubt their own existence or their ability to know themselves and the world around them?
  • Do the characters/narrator reflect upon whether they exist and how they know what they know?
  • To what extent do the following factors impact their sense of self: emotions, past experiences, rationality, other people, race, gender, socio-economic status, ethnicity, and religion?
  • Are they conscious of themselves as having a “self?”

Submit your assignment to the Discussion Area by Saturday, May 11, 2013.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX on Saturday is it due?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Before midnight. APA style. At least two references.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.
Gotcha. Thanks, I'm on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey, hope u doing good. I was wondering if u ready, because I was going to post the assignment and want u to get it asap. let me know.

Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.
Yes, if you have another assignment for me post it. Then send me a confirmation that you posted it with my name on it and I'll pick it up. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I do it now!

Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.
Cool.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks on the last assignment. This assignment is due next. Will you be able to finish it. <<<<IGNORE THIS!!!
Expert:  Chris12 replied 1 year ago.

You are welcome.