getsetgo
getsetgo, MBA
Experience:  MBA from IIM Calcutta, Engineer, 8+ years of exp. at executive level

Question 1 of 20The study

Question 1 of 20 The study of ecology focuses specifically on: A. the world that is all around us. B. the world of living things in our planet. C. the mutual relationship between organisms and the natural world. D. anything having to do with life. Question 2 of 20 According to the text, by 2050, it is believed that __________ of the earth's species will become extinct if rain forest destruction continues. A. 6% B. 14% C. 25% D. 50% Question 3 of 20 Wetlands are important for all of the following reasons EXCEPT: A. they provide local habitats for many species of animals and plants. B. one-third of endangered or threatened species in the U.S. live in or are dependent on them. C. they harbor the majority of the world's flowering species. D. they provide purification of local water supplies. Question 4 of 20 The percentage of China's rivers that were severely polluted in 2000 was __________; in 2002 it was __________. A. 12%; 20% B. 22%; 51% C. 32%; 65% D. 42%; 71% Question 5 of 20 The United States is responsible for __________ of the world's total energy consumption. A. 15% B. 25% C. 35% D. 45% Question 6 of 20 According to the article "The Grim Payback of Greed" our level of consumerism: A. is essentially a creation of the 20th century. B. has declined in the West but is growing rapidly in developing countries. C. is highly correlated with reported levels of happiness. D. is tied to our vast wealth, and to forces in the modern world that encourage people to act on their consumption desires. Question 7 of 20 Indirectly, the "meat-eating quarter of humanity" consumes nearly __________ of the world's grain. A. 15% B. 20% C. 40% D. 50% Question 8 of 20 According to the National Academy of Sciences, the Earth's surface temperature has risen about __________ in the past century. A. 1% B. 5% C. 10% D. 12% Question 9 of 20 According to the textbook, an individual's most important decision that will effect the climate is: A. the choice to unplug an extra freezer that is rarely used. B. looking for the Energy Star on new appliances. C. selecting a fuel efficient automobile. D. planting a tree. Question 10 of 20 Which of the following was NOT a founding principle of the Kyoto Protocol? A. Scientific uncertainty must not be used to avoid precautionary action. B. Nations must have common but differentiated responsibilities. C. All nations must be included in the contract for it to work. D. Industrial nations must take the lead in addressing the problem. Question 11 of 20 The article "Young at Risk" proposes that the young of humans and animals are more vulnerable to chemical pollutant exposure due to all of the following reasons EXCEPT that: A. their brains are less sensitive than those of mature humans and animals. B. the young eat and breathe more for their body weights than adults, so they get bigger proportional doses of external pollutants. C. accumulated dioxin slows action to the immune system. D. they will be getting about 50 times the exposure of an adult during critical developmental stages. Question 12 of 20 The central problem in the international fishing industry is: A. "poaching" by foreign vessels in the territorial waters of small nations. B. laws restricting fishing in waters with the most abundant fish populations. C. the decline in fish populations due to over-fishing, pollution, and habitat destruction. D. a lack of enforcement of the Magnuson Fishery Conservation and Management Act. Question 13 of 20 The reauthorization of the Magnuson Act in 1996 focused on all of the following EXCEPT: A. overfishing. B. funding. C. air quality. D. habitat degradation. Question 14 of 20 According to the text, problems associated with the Endangered Species Act include all of the following EXCEPT: A. its use as a "last-chance" approach to saving endangered species. B. the creation of conflict between individual property owners and government regulations concerning species. C. a lack of public support for the Act. D. ill-defined categories concerning the level of threat posed by human activities to individual species. Question 15 of 20 Aside from lead, the two air pollutants most hazardous to human health are: A. sulfur dioxide and carbon monoxide. B. ozone and sulfur dioxide. C. ozone and fine airborne particulates. D. nitrous oxides and carbon monoxide. Question 16 of 20 Which of the following is an ingredient of acid rain? A. Lead B. Nitrogen dioxide C. VOCs D. Ozone Question 17 of 20 The process of searching for new natural medicines is called: A. drug testing. B. bioprospecting. C. FDA approval seeking. D. curative compounding. Question 18 of 20 The economic value of the rain forest is based upon all of the following EXCEPT: A. plants that potentially contain the basis for ne

Category: Homework
Expert:  FiveStarLaw replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I would be glad to provide you with answers to the above questions. Unfortunately only 18 questions have posted – not 20. Additionally the formatting makes the question almost impossible to decipher. Would it be possible for you to upload the question to a 3rd party file sharing site such as www.mediafire.com and post the link here?

Expert:  getsetgo replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
getsetgo, MBA
Experience: MBA from IIM Calcutta, Engineer, 8+ years of exp. at executive level