Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

I need help with a program, specs and a majority of the code

I need help with a program, specs and a majority of the code is already written. This is C++.

lifesaver :

Welcome to Justanswer

lifesaver :

Could you please post the details

lifesaver :

You can use www.wikisend.com to upload your code and then share the download link with me

Customer:

http://wikisend.com/download/301642/Program.zip

lifesaver :

Ok..what changes do you need in the code.

Customer:

Well I have the program to setup all the inputs, but I'm having trouble with the random 8 digit id, and the date entry with a.m. or P.m., and finally the return of all variables I have storing.

Customer:

Oh also the modification of the entries, I haven't been able to test that yet either, as I haven't had a successful entry

lifesaver :

Ok.

lifesaver :

For generating 8 digit random number you can add this code to RunnerDiary.cpp

lifesaver :

cout << "Auto generated Log ID> ";
srand (time(NULL));
int logid = rand() % 99999999 + 10000000;
cout << logid << "\n";
runnersEntry.setLogID(logid);

lifesaver :

Also include header file #include <time.h>

lifesaver :

For date and time input i wanted to know how much have you covered about string parsing.

lifesaver :

ALso was the header file give to you or is it something that you have implemented.

Customer:

It was modified from a previous program.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When you import the code take a look at all the commented sections for more of my notes.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I was letting you know there is a deadline that is approaching, if you can't answer this then please let me know.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Relist: Incomplete answer.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
looks like you haven't had a response in a while, so perhaps I can help.
I've downloaded and compiled the code you posted. Could you re-state specifically what you would like to have done? I can guess from the comments and commented-out code but I don't want to be wrong about that. Also, if you have already made some changes on your own, would you please upload your most recent version as a starting point for me?
Thanks,

Ingo U
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You should have the most recent version of the code, and your correct most of the comments in the code are what needs to be fixed, I just haven't had any time. If you have any questions the program specs are also included in a word document, and time is of the essence, so please do what you can. Thank you for your response.

I've been looking at your code and the requirements, and it looks like there's a good bit more in the requirements that has yet to be implemented. Would you consider increasing your offer as this will take more time than I expected?
Thanks,
Ingo
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure would another 20 dollars do it? Can I just tip that amount upon completion or do I have to resubmit the question? Again time is of the essence at this point, so since I've had this posted for over 6 days now, this is really down to the wire, so please make sure I can get a response within 12-24 hrs.

That sounds fine, I'll try to get it done by tonight.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Looks great thank you for the help, and quick turnaround.

Thanks for the quick rating and bonus! Feel free to follow up with any questions you may have.