Ingo U
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
44076068

I need help with a program, specs and a majority of the code

Customer Question

I need help with a program, specs and a majority of the code is already written. This is C++.
Category: Homework
Expert:  lifesaver replied 1 year ago.

lifesaver :

Welcome to Justanswer

lifesaver :

Could you please post the details

lifesaver :

You can use www.wikisend.com to upload your code and then share the download link with me

Customer:

http://wikisend.com/download/301642/Program.zip

lifesaver :

Ok..what changes do you need in the code.

Customer:

Well I have the program to setup all the inputs, but I'm having trouble with the random 8 digit id, and the date entry with a.m. or P.m., and finally the return of all variables I have storing.

Customer:

Oh also the modification of the entries, I haven't been able to test that yet either, as I haven't had a successful entry

lifesaver :

Ok.

lifesaver :

For generating 8 digit random number you can add this code to RunnerDiary.cpp

lifesaver :

cout << "Auto generated Log ID> ";
srand (time(NULL));
int logid = rand() % 99999999 + 10000000;
cout << logid << "\n";
runnersEntry.setLogID(logid);

lifesaver :

Also include header file #include <time.h>

lifesaver :

For date and time input i wanted to know how much have you covered about string parsing.

lifesaver :

ALso was the header file give to you or is it something that you have implemented.

Customer:

It was modified from a previous program.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

When you import the code take a look at all the commented sections for more of my notes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I was letting you know there is a deadline that is approaching, if you can't answer this then please let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Relist: Incomplete answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Inaccurate answer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Incomplete answer.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
looks like you haven't had a response in a while, so perhaps I can help.
I've downloaded and compiled the code you posted. Could you re-state specifically what you would like to have done? I can guess from the comments and commented-out code but I don't want to be wrong about that. Also, if you have already made some changes on your own, would you please upload your most recent version as a starting point for me?
Thanks,

Ingo U
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You should have the most recent version of the code, and your correct most of the comments in the code are what needs to be fixed, I just haven't had any time. If you have any questions the program specs are also included in a word document, and time is of the essence, so please do what you can. Thank you for your response.

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
I've been looking at your code and the requirements, and it looks like there's a good bit more in the requirements that has yet to be implemented. Would you consider increasing your offer as this will take more time than I expected?
Thanks,
Ingo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sure would another 20 dollars do it? Can I just tip that amount upon completion or do I have to resubmit the question? Again time is of the essence at this point, so since I've had this posted for over 6 days now, this is really down to the wire, so please make sure I can get a response within 12-24 hrs.

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
That sounds fine, I'll try to get it done by tonight.
Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Ingo U, Software Engineer
Experience: Over 25 years experience in software development. Expert in Microsoft .Net, C#, C++, VB, SQL
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Looks great thank you for the help, and quick turnaround.

Expert:  Ingo U replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the quick rating and bonus! Feel free to follow up with any questions you may have.