Steve
Steve, Teacher
Experience:  I teach Calculus and Probability in a University since 1994
14153722

Look up a roulette wheel diagram. The following sets are defined: •A

Customer Question

Look up a roulette wheel diagram. The following sets are defined:

•A = the set of red numbers
•B = the set of black numbers
•C = the set of green numbers
•D = the set of even numbers
•E = the set of odd numbers
•F = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12}
From these, determine each of the following:

•A∪B
•A∩D
•B∩C
•C∪E
•B∩F
•E∩F
Category: Homework
Expert:  Ray Atkinson replied 1 year ago.
Is it a 37 or 38 number wheel? That is, is there just a 0 or is the 00 there as well?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Weekly tasks or assignments (Individual or Group Projects) will be due by Monday and late submissions will be assigned a late penalty in accordance with the late penalty policy found in the syllabus. NOTE: All submission posting times are based on midnight Central Time.

Task Background: This assignment involves solving problems by using various discrete techniques to model the problems at hand. Quite often, these models form the foundations for writing computer programming code that automate the tasks. To carry out these tasks effectively, a working knowledge of sets, relations, graphs, finite automata structures and Grammars is necessary.
Part I: Set Theory

A = the set of red numbers
B = the set of black numbers
C = the set of green numbers
D = the set of even numbers
E = the set of odd numbers
F = {1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12}

A∪B
A∩D
B∩C
C∪E
B∩F
E∩F
Part II: Relations, Functions, and Sequences

The implementation of the program that runs the game involves testing. One of the necessary tests is to see if the simulated spins are random. Create an n-ary relation, in table form, that depicts possible results of 10 trials of the game. Include the following results of the game:

Number
Color
Odd or even (note: 0 and 00 are considered neither even nor odd.)
Also include a primary key. What is the value of n in this n-ary relation?

Part III: Graphs and Trees

Create a tree that models the following scenario. A player decides to play a maximum of 4 times, betting on red each time. The player will quit after losing twice. In the tree, any possible last plays will be an ending point of the tree. Branches of the tree should indicate the winning or losing, and how that affects whether a new play is made.

Part IV: Automata Theory, Grammars and Languages (There are 2 questions for this part)

(1) A gate with three rotating arms at waist height is used to control access to a subway in New York city. Initially, the arms of the gate are locked preventing customers from passing through. Unlocking the arms requires depositing a token in a slot, which allows the arms to rotate to a complete turn which allows one customer to push through and enter. Once the customer passes through the arms are then locked again until another customer deposits another token in the slot.

The gate has two states: LOCKED and UNLOCKED. It also has two inputs: TOKEN and PUSH. When the gate is locked, pushing the arm of the gate has no effect regardless of how many times it is pushed. The input TOXXXXX XXXXXes the state from LOCKED to UNLOCKED. When the gate is in the UNLOCKED state, inserting additional tokens has no effect on the state. But when in the UNLOCKED state, a PUSH input changes the state to LOCKED.

(i). Provide a transition table showing each state, the inputs, and the resulting new states for each input

(ii). Represent your transition table into a digraph (transition diagram)

(2) Here is a context-free grammar that can be used to generate algebraic expressions via the arithmetic operators (addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division), in the variables p, q, and r. The letter E stands for expression:

Rule 1: E —› p

Rule 2: E —› q

Rule 3: E —› r

Rule 4: E —› E + E

Rule 5: E —› E – E

Rule 6: E —› E X E

Rule 7: E —› E/E

Rule 8: E —›(E)

(i). Use the above grammar to derive the string given by the mathematical expression E = (p + q) X p – r X p/(q + q)

(ii). Provide a parse tree for this derivation.

Please submit your assignment.

Click on Student Expectations to view the expectations for this assignment.

For assistance with your assignment, please use your text, Web resources, and all course materials.

Course Materials 1

Course Materials 2

Course Materials 3

This is everything that I got to do I do not think it is stated which one
That is more details than I believe I can get accurate. I will step out and let someone else answer. Good luck with your studies.
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Hi, i can help you with parts I) II) and III)

Is that useful ?

Also, i do not know if Ray will work on this set or not....

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes it will
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Ok, anyway i will wait for Ray, maybe he is working on them...

I will try to contact him

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
And when do you need them ?

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I need them by monday
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Ok, i will post the answers tomorrow

Thanks
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Steve, Teacher
Experience: I teach Calculus and Probability in a University since 1994
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

after I get my grade back I will rate your service. Are you willing to do one last assignment for me for monday based off of what you just have done for me plz let me know thank you dan casey

Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Yes, i can try to do it but open a new post writing "For Steve"

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I will do that as soon as I get all the info but going have to try to do the 4part
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
OK,

But remember to rate my work if you are happy with the grade

Sorry, but i can't help you for part iV)

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can you help with another assignment
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
Yes,

Open a new post requesting me "For Steve"

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already did
Expert:  Steve replied 1 year ago.
I checked it but i can`t help you with them