TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

For "The Doctor" Rework and extend your dynamic story generator

For "The Doctor"

Rework and extend your dynamic story generator (the code is located at http://wikisend.com/download/424718/madlib.php). First, use Smarty templates to separate presentation logic (.tpl file) from business logic (.php file). Consider which aspects of the application belong in each file.

Next, extend the database to contain more than one story. Add a new StoryID field to the Story table to represent the current story. Consider carefully the attributes of the fields, the primary key for the table, and the sequence in which you perform the changes so you do not violate any database constraints. Explain your steps in your submission and include a copy of the final schema.

Now modify the PHP story generator so that:
Users can select a story to generate
Users can insert new stories
Add and test two more stories using these new features. What happens if the user forgets to fill in some fields? Add code to validate that all fields contain values. Note that the input fields appear in the sequence they are used in the story. As a challenge, can you modify your PHP program to list the fields in alphabetical or a random sequence?

Let me know if this is possible Doc.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

Yes, this is all possible. I will contact you once this is complete.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Excellent. Thank you.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems