R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

I need help with my project. It is a chemistry project. Indigestion

I need help with my project. It is a chemistry project. Indigestion and Titration: An Acid-Base Titration. As a Lead Analytical Chemist I have to test 5 antacids with a back-titration that works. The following is provided: Each antacid is mixed with 40 mL of 0.1 M HCl so to see how much extra help each antacid pill needs to neutralize 40mL of 0.1 M HCL, I add 0.05 M NaOH drop by drop to back titrate the solution until the pH is neutral. The results are: Maalox/ Tums/ Mylanta/ CVS Brand/ Rennies
Mass of one 20.0g 21.0g 18.0g 18.3g 17.5g
dose
Antacid mL NaOH 24.1mL 22.4mL 20.0mL 19.9mL 24.4mL
used in back
titration

1. Which is the strongest antacid on a single dose basis? Which is the weakest? Explain and show calculations.
2. Which are the strongest and weakest on a by-weight(mass) basis? Explain and show calculations.
3. What might you use in the above experiment to get a color change to happen in the solution? At what pH would the solution have been neutral?
4. If you only had 0.1 M sulfuric acid available to run the tests, how would this have affected your calculations? Why?
The goal is to descibe precisely the tests of antacids in less than 150 words. Results need to be major findings from the tests and how the tests were performed
5. In most of the antacids you tested, the active ingredient is aluminum hydroxide. Here is an
unbalanced reaction that shows how this chemical neutralizes HCl (the main ingredient in
stomach acid). Please provide a balanced version of this equation:
Al(OH)3 + HCI  AlCl3 + H20
6. The FDA requires that all of its reports be super-brief—short enough so that they can be sent
via text message to all of its lab sites across the country. As you probably know, the word limit
for text messages is very small, so your goal here is to describe precisely what you did to test
the antacids in fewer than 150 words. In this brief report, you should provide the FDA with the
major findings from your tests and let them know generally how you performed your tests.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can wait. I have one week before I need it. Thank you so much. :)

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a professional for you.
Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the professional with the right expertise to come online. Please let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll wait. I don't know if it will help, but this same question has been asked and answered on here before.

Thanks,

Tiff

Thank you for letting me know. I sent your requested professional, RRJha, who has answered this before, a message to follow up with you here, when they are back online. If I can help further, please let me know, otherwise, no need to reply. Thank you for your patience.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech