DXJAnswerMagic
DXJAnswerMagic, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students

I need a Logic Model Diagram for Type II Diabetes. This is

Customer Question

I need a Logic Model Diagram for Type II Diabetes. This is needed for a public health project. Areas concentration for the Logic model Diagram are the Individual; Organization / Group / Institution; Community.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, please let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for responding. I am currently working with DXJAnswerMajic. She provided me with a Logic Model Diagram for a previous question last month.

I am currently waiting for a reply.

Thank you.

George Himes

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.

I am a Moderator for this topic, not a professional who answers questions.

I sent a message to your requested professional, DXJ, to follow up with you here, on this question, when she is back online.

Expert:  DXJAnswerMagic replied 1 year ago.
Hi!

I might be able to help but need more information. Many apologies but it unclear what you need in the logic model. Do you have any of the readings or could you please explain more? I would really appreciate it! Thanks so much!Smile DXJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, this is what I want but with information for Diabetes Type II

Logic Model Diagram

Assumptions:

Systems thinking and logic model are public health tools that stakeholder groups will use to disseminate information and elicit participation throughout the Guinea Worm eradication program.

Systems thinking and logic model are considered perpetual processes that can be revisited, reviewed, and changed as required.

Goal(s):

To increase awareness through education, community participation and behavioral change toward mitigating all transmission means of Guinea Worm.

To limit economic impact of bacterial infection and disabilities caused by Guinea Worm.

INPUTS &

RESOURCES

ACTIVITIES

OUTPUTS

SHORT TERM OUTCOMES

MEDIUM TERM OUTCOMES

LONG TERM OUTCOMES

Social and cultural knowledge.

Community partners

Community based organizations

Social and Political support at the local, regional and state levels

Funding from private, national, international, nonprofit and/or nongovernmental organizations

Public health professionals at the state, local and

Training community health workers

Advocacy for safer local and rural water sources

Advocacy for the treatment of stagnant ponds with ABATE larvicide

Volunteer recruitment and training

Distribution of cloth for straining the water

Community education

Surveillance and

Volunteer and community health educators and advocates

Community participation in the Guinea Worm eradication project

More communities and community partners enhance protective measures for local water sources and advocate for such in rural communities

ABATE larvicide is used to treat stagnant waters and ponds

Person-to-person education and knowledge transmission (~15% of community)

~30% Community participation in education

Some Community partners in target villages engage in water protection and advocacy in rural communities

ABATE larvicide is used to treat stagnant waters and ponds in or

Person-to-person education and knowledge transmission (Half community and communicated to migratory groups)

~75% Community participation in education

Community partners in target villages engage in water protection and advocacy in rural communities

Community partners in villages outlying the target villages engage

Person-to-person education and knowledge transmission (Entire community and communicated to migratory groups)

Entire Community participation in education

Community partners in the villages outlying the target villages engage in

Hi!

Using systems thinking for this?
Also could you please tell me when you need this? Thanks!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The CDC has a wealth of information on Type II Diabetes; here is the link http://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/consumer/index.htm

I would like to have this by Thursday May 2nd or best timing.

Thanks for working on this!

George

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes systems thinking. I need by Thursday May 2nd or best time.

Thank you!

George

Hi, George!

I'm actually halfway through this.

Did you have any specific interventions in mind?

I have included testing, punctuating the continuum between GDM and DM,

health education, surveillance, community partnerships, and health education materials development.

Please let me know. Thanks so much!Smile DXJ

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sounds great! Here are some other points to consider...

Describe the current reality of Type II Diabetes

• What is unacceptable in this situation?

• What is your public health vision for the situation? What are the outcome goals?

• What are the barriers and facilitators of change? Make sure you consider the people, the personalities involved, as well as the organizational structure/culture.

• How do you foster the change process?

• What is the "creative tension"? What are the tensions that arise from the difference between current reality and the public health goal?

• Create a logic model for this situation.

That's about it.

I look forward to hearing back from you!

Thank you.

George

Hi!
That helps! Thanks so much! DXJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok, I appreciate your effort!

George

Thanks! Working through revisions............DXJ
Hi!

Your answers are here
They should open in a new window.
Hope they help! DXJ
Experience: MALS, BA with honors in 3 majors and 2 minors, assisted K-12, Undergrad and Grad students
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for a wonderful job!!

Have a great Day.

George

Hi, George!

Glad I could help! I hope the resources prove valuable.
Have a great day!Smile DXJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have another assignment for you related to the Logic Model you just did for me.

1. Identify and discuss the ethical implications or concerns of the public health change model for Diabetes Type II. Assess and discuss this from each of these levels:

• Individual

• Organizational/group/institutional

• Community

2. Summarize the basic ethical principles and theories that are applicable here.

3. Identify the skills and resources a leader would need to bring about the proposed changes in your model in an ethical way.

Please let me know what you can do.

Thank you!

George

Hi, George!
Thanks for your request! Is there a word count or page count?
Also, is there a specific text or source requirement?
Lastly, when do you need this? (I want to be certain I can meet your deadline.)
Thanks SO much! DXJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Page count would be approximately 1-1/2 pages double spaced.

As far as text is concerned try the following:

Novick, Morrow, and Mays (2008). Public health administration: Principles for population-based management. Chapter 5 Ethics in Public Health Practice and Management.

You can use other resources as well including those you cited for the Logic Model you did for me.

I need by Monday May 13th.

Again, thanks for taking this on.

George

Great!

I can help! I will let you know if I have any questions! Smile DXJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you very much!

George

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just following up to see how you are coming along.

Thanks,

George

Hi!

Working through the last portion now.........Thanks for your patience! Smile DXJ
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi!

Thank you!

George

Smile
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Great Job...Thank You!!

Have a great day!

George