Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)

1. Case names may be either italicized or underscored. (Points

1.
Case names may be either italicized or underscored.

(Points : 4)
True
False

2.
The audience for the trial brief is the judge assigned to the case.

(Points : 4)
True
False

3.
All law firms require the inclusion of a Recommendations section as part of the basic format of an office memo.

(Points : 4)
True
False

4.
An office legal memorandum provides legal arguments that support the client’s case and is not meant to be an objective analysis of a legal problem.

(Points : 4)
True
False

5.
Some writers underemphasize the facts section of an office memorandum of law because they fail to understand the importance of the facts.

(Points : 4)
True
False

6.
The Bluebook rules governing citations to evidentiary and procedural rules differ from the ALWD rules.

(Points : 4)
True
False

7.
Misidentifying the issue can result in a waste of time during the research phase of preparing a memorandum of law.

(Points : 4)
True
False

8.
Most attorneys prefer that his or her legal assistant or paralegal seek clarification rather than misunderstand a research assignment.

(Points : 4)
True
False

9.
There is only one standard form for an office memorandum of law.

(Points : 4)
True
False

10. The Bluebook is not designed as a teaching tool and many students find it difficult to use. (Points : 4)
True
False

11.
In the analysis section of the office memorandum of law, you must include a discussion of how the law applies to the issue(s) and facts of the client’s case.

(Points : 4)
True
False

12.
Trial courts usually do not have local rules that govern trial briefs relating to areas such as format and style.

(Points : 4)
True
False

13.
Once the full citation to an authority is presented in a document, subsequent citations to the authority may not be shortened.

(Points : 4)
True
False

14.
Id. and Supra are the same and can be used interchangeably.

(Points : 4)
True
False

15.
The fact section of the office memorandum should simply repeat the facts included in the memo assignment.

(Points : 4)
True
False

16.
The analysis section is the part of the memo where the law is presented, analyzed and applied to the issue(s).

(Points : 4)
True
False

17.
When presenting the rule of law in an office legal memorandum you should include the entire rule of law even though it is very lengthy and some parts do not apply to the issue being addressed.

(Points : 4)
True
False

18.
Rebuttal of counter analysis is never required in an office legal memorandum of law.

(Points : 4)
True
False

19.
Whereas an office memorandum of law is designed to objectively inform, a court brief is designed to convince.

(Points : 4)
True
False

20.
In a court brief the law component of the issue is stated objectively, while in an office memorandum the law is presented persuasively.

(Points : 4)
True
False

21.
In the statement of facts section of a court brief you should use short sentences to emphasize favorable information and long sentences to de-emphasize unfavorable information.

(Points : 4)
True
False

22.
The argument section is the heart of the court brief.

(Points : 4)
True
False

23. Trial judges never require attorneys in a case to submit a memorandum of law during the process of ruling on a motion. (Points : 4)
True
False

24.
The person who appeals a decision of a lower court is called the appellant.

(Points : 4)
True
False

25.
The format of an appellate brief does not vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction.

(Points : 4)
True
False
Category: Homework
Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
Welcome and Thanks for asking your questions.

I am working on it and will post the solution in 20-30 minutes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It's a final exam i'm taking right now and I have 30 minutes left please make sure the answers are correct. Thank you

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
Considering the time crunch I can try my best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Do you have experience in Legal Research & Writing as well?

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
I can help you with the questions you posted.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Please do I have 25 mns left on the clock before they shot me down

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
Shall I post what I have done till now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes please so i can compare now

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Experience: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.

17 F
23. F.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you sure the answers are correct do you want to double check again

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
I gave my best.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You gave your best! that was FREAKING AWESOME I got an A+ Thank you so much and I will definitely use you again in the future.