Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.

Astronomy: Can you complete this form? http://planet.we

Astronomy: Can you complete this form?

Ray Atkinson :

I have the link, but it is not working. Please check the spelling.

Here, in case you cannot open it.

Procedure: Plot the curves as described in 1. And answer all the questions in the laboratory writeup.

1. Plot the 32 data points on graph paper, setting up your scale and labels. Use the observed radial velocities (in m/s) versus the day of the observation. Draw a smooth curve (do not simply connect-the-dots) through the data. The curve is a sine curve (ask if you don't know) and thus will always reach the same maximum and minimum values and have the same "number of days" between each "peak" and "valley". You should interpolate between data where points are missing.

2. Why are there data missing?

3. Why are there sizable gaps in the data? (Hint, some gaps are a little over 1/2 day long and these are observations from the ground.)

4. Look up in your text or elsewhere to find out what the current status on extra solar planets is.

-The link has the most important information

I have the file. When do you need this done?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here the link again or google and click on

51 Pegasi: The Discovery of a New Planet

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

If you can by sometime tomorrow afternoon. If you could complete the graph it would be great. thanks

Great! I was afraid you needed it in the next hour. I will get it done in plenty of time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No. Tomorrow will be fine. I need to understand it before Wednesday, so if you could complete the link from would be great, since that is what I need to review.

Also, could you tell me how you do the sine curve? I don't understand why they do it instead of just connecting dots!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Ray, could you help with this document?

I would be happy to, but since this is a separate assignment, it needs to be in its own post. Please make it a new question with "for Ray" at the beginning of it, and I will get to work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok. I will.