ATLProg
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Experience:  Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
44910485

This is for my hw in Visual Basic. I need the code.

Customer Question

This is for my hw in Visual Basic 2010. I need the code. Instructions: All values when selected gets added to the project total textbox Example (selecting web and checking the login authentication box will put $700 in the project total box) When an item is deselected it’s the dollar amount is subtracted from the project total textbox. Ex (un-checking login authentication will leave $500 in the project total box)

1. Layout and proper formatting of Cost textboxes ($ for total sales and project total)

2.Radio buttons in the application type groupbox will call the same method a. Use a switch statement to determine which radio button was selected

3.  Checkboxes in the security groupbox will call the same method a. Use a switch statement to determine which checkbox was selected

4. Checkboxes for web experience will respond to one method a. Use a switch statement to determine which checkbox was selected

5.  The web experience groupbox is disabled by default and is only enabled when the application type web is selected a. If an item in web experience is selected and the application type is changed to windows, the selected items must be un-checked and the groupbox disabled. Ensure that when this happens the project total subtracts the amounts added by the selected items. 6. 20pts Submit Button

a. The submit button updates the summary section

b. Total Websites = Total number of website request submitted

c. Total Windows = Total Windows apps request submitted

d. Total Websites and Login = Total websites with login authentication request submitted

e. Total Web & Login & Role base = Total websites with login and role-based security request submitted

f. Total mobile designs = Total websites with mobile design request submitted

g. Total Sales = Total money made ever

7. Clear button = clears all checkboxes and radio buttons, customer name and project total NOT SUMMARY FIELDS

8.  Print Invoice = Prints preview

9. Exit button = Prompts user if they want to exit application

a. Prompt must display Yes/No buttons

b. Must display Information prompt

c. Only exit application if yes is selected

Thanks a lot and if you can write it on visual basic 2010 that would be great.

Category: Homework
Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Hello Welcome. Thank you for your question, I’m ATLProg and I’ll try to help you.
Can you please let me know how soon you need this done.
Do you have any word/pdf related to this question. If yes
Can you please go to www.wikisend.com and upload your file ? Once you do that you will get a page that has the "File ID" and "Download Link". Copy the "Download Link" or "File ID" and please paste it in your reply here.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

• File ID: 362224

• http://wikisend.com/download/362224/homework1.pdf

tomorrow afternoon

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Hi Philip looking at level of urgency and effort needed I have sent a Underpriced report on this to your registered email id, please confirm if the price looks ok to you. Please let me know so I can start working on this accordingly.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok agreed on 80. How soon can I expect it? the hw covers chapter 1-4, may be chap 5 too in the book Programming in Visual Basic 2010. I have a pdf too for the book if you need it. I'm just letting you know so we won't write any code that we haven't covered in class yet. Thanks again

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Sorry but unfortunately i can't go over 5 chapters,,will it be ok if you verify it once i have provided the solution and i would be happy to modify the program if needed. You may still send the book if you want
Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Can you send me the link to chapters so that atleast i can ensure i use the same coding style
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

sure yeah we will do that and i'm just gonna look at it if there are codes we haven't discussed yet in class. But most of it should be pretty basic since this is the first module in VB course. if it's not too much to ask, may i know what time/how long you will be able to get this done? you know i'm just worried and i just wanna get this hw out of my head. sorry.

here's the book:

• File ID: 135998

• http://wikisend.com/download/135998/Programming In Visual Basic 2010.pdf

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
I will have this ready by tomorrow noon. And don't worry you are in safe hands Philip
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks a lot. Last request, if you could write the code in VB 2010? coz my school uses 2010 version and I tried to run a 2012 solution and didn't work due to incompatibility etc. If not then it's totally ok. Thanks again. I might need you again in my finals. You're a life saver.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
i will have it in VB 2010
Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Please download solution from
http://wikisend.com/download/322696/ProjectCostCalculator.zip

I hope i was able to assist you. If you are happy with my service please rate my service . If your are not 100% satisfied, please reply to me so that i can help you better. Please start your question with "For ATLProg only" to request me again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Looks great. Just two things:

1.) I'm not familiar with this code I pasted below. Are there any code similarly used in the book? If yes, can you point out what chapt/page so I can read about it. if not, can you explain briefly what's happening on this part? so I could explain it to my prof just in case.

Private Sub EnableDisableWebExperience(ByVal enableFlag)
chkRegularWebsite.Enabled = enableFlag
chkMobileDesign.Enabled = enableFlag
chkFlashEnabled.Enabled = enableFlag
chkResponsiveDesign.Enabled = enableFlag
'Uncheck if checkboxes are getting disabled and update the project total too
If enableFlag = False Then
chkRegularWebsite.Checked = enableFlag
chkMobileDesign.Checked = enableFlag
chkFlashEnabled.Checked = enableFlag
chkResponsiveDesign.Checked = enableFlag
End If
End Sub

2.) When I choose the web radio button at the application type groupbox and check several checkboxes at the web experience groupbox, It doesn't add up/show on total textbox(txtProjectTotal). However, when I hit submit button it adds up on txtTotalSales textbox. So I know it works behind the scenes but I need that to be displayed/updated as well in txtProjectTotal.

The security groupbox works just fine when I check/uncheck the checkboxes. It updates the txtProjectTotal for the right amount. I need it also to be like that on Web Experience groupbox.

Please see the instructions I sent to you earlier and look at no. 5 if you need more information. Thanks again.

Note: If you post a reply right away, I won't be able to reply for the next 7 hrs coz I'm about to sleep. I'll get back to you later as soon as I can. Thanks again man.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
let me get back to you soon
Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
In EnableDisableWebExperience Sub we are enabling and settting the checked flag of checkboxes based on the flag that is passed to the Sub. This is done to promote code reuse as we had to invoke the same logic from 2 places.

And the updated code for the issue you mentioned can be found below
http://wikisend.com/download/734372/ProjectCostCalculator.zip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello,

I just checked the new solution you sent. When I check all the checkboxes including the checkboxes in security groupbox, everything works except for the counting of total web design (txtTotalMobileDesign) and if you can disable web experience groupbox at the very first run of the program by default before I even select radWindows radio button that would be great. Basically it only lights up if I choose radWeb radiobutton. Thanks.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
I tested again and txtTotalMobileDesign is working as expected, its value will be incremented by one if Mobile Design was selected and you clicked on Submit.

And for disabling the group box just add following in Form1_Load Sub

EnableDisableWebExperience(False)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yeah it works but try this, select web radio button for the application type, then check ALL the checkboxes at security groupbox, then check mobile design at the web experience groupbox. When I hit submit txtTotalMobileDesign is still at 0 and not counting. Thanks

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
ATLProg, Software Engineer
Experience: Expert in Java C++ C C# VB Javascript Design SQL HTML
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Now it works. Just to double check, we didn't do anything beyond chapter 5 right? I mean I've seen the code and everything looks similar on what we're doing in class except for EnableDisableWebExperience Sub, I'm a bit worried on that but it's ok.. Now for the payment, we agreed on $80. How come it still says $60? Do I need to do something? Does the additional $20 automatically charged on my credit card? Sorry I'm new to this site. Thanks.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
Yes everything was upto Chapter 4.

You may add $20 as bonus when you rate my answer, it was real pleasure working with you. Please start your question with "For ATLProg only" to request me again. Hope to see you soon.. Note i can assist you with other programming languages too
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok. just finished the rating and tip. thanks again for the work.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey man, sorry to bother you again. Just real quick questions

for the project we did. I'm not gonna ask you to rewrite the code and such. I just wanna know something and I forgot to ask you about it. Did we follow this?

2. Radio buttons in the application type groupbox will call the same method
a. Use a switch statement to determine which radio button was selected

3. Checkboxes in the security groupbox will call the same method
a. Use a switch statement to determine which checkbox was selected

4. Checkboxes for web experience will respond to one method

sorry man I'm totally clueless but I would really appreciate it for a reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry man I don't want to bother you again but I have real quick questions and don't worry I'm not gonna ask you to rewrite the code. I just forgot to ask you about it before. Did we follow this?

Sorry man I'm just totally clueless but I would really appreciate for a reply. Thanks again.

Expert:  ATLProg replied 1 year ago.
let me get back to you tomorrow on this