TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

*** Just For Mr; TheDoctor ** Internet programming Question

*** Just For Mr; TheDoctor **

Internet programming Question

Create an Ajax-based community college catalog that obtains its data from JSON files located on the
server. The data should be separate into 3 JSON files. The first should be a summary file, containing a list
of community colleges. Each community college should have name, address of the college and the map
to show its location. The second file should contain a list of descriptions for each community college
(e.g., its websites, how many faculties it has, etc.). The third file should contain a list of filenames for the
full-size google map to show the location of the college.

Next, create an Ajax-enabled web page that displays the college information in a table. Initially, the table
displays a list of college names with their address and google map (thumb image). When the mouse
hovers over the college name, then its corresponding description will be displayed. When the user
moves the mouse away from the college name, the description should be removed. When the mouse
hovers over a thumbnail image, the full-size google map should be displayed. When the user moves the
mouse away from that image, the original thumbnail should be redisplayed. You should provide a button
that the user can click to display the product description.

.....
Category: Homework
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

Were you provide with the map image files?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

welcome back :)
I am not sure about your question, however, we don't have to put the files on a remote sever.

we can use IIS to apply this project :)

I think you got it now :)

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
I will contact you once this is complete.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okaytion :)

thank you :)

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

You can download the completed website here:

It does everything listed in the requirements.

If you hover over the name area, it will display the the web site address and the number of faculty the school has.

If you hover over the smaller map, a larger map is displayed.

Both are done with dynamic floating elements.

If you click on the "View Description" button for any college, the web site address and faculty information is displayed with the college rather than being floating information. Once you click on the button, the floating layer is no longer needed, so it is disabled for that row.

All of this is done using AJAX. You can find various AJAX calls within ajax.html

Because it is AJAX, you must run it through a server. You cannot simply open up ajax.html in your browser and expect it to work. It will violate domain origin policies and your browser will block it. You would have to run it through visual studio/IIS in order to view it working. Also, it would work fine once it is published to an actual web server. The point is, you have to view it through a web server of some kind, be it through visual studio or a live web site.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okaytion Mr;TheDoctor
Thank you in advance :)
I will look at it later. anything will happen I will let you know :)

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome. Once you have reviewed, please remember to rate my answer. Have a great night.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much :)
I noticed there is no JSON files in the website(project). I tried it on IIS and it looks pretty good job. However, we have to obtain its data from JSON files located on the server.

just to make sure. It works well. but, we have to use JSON files in this project otherwise professor will not accept the project(website).

by the way, please make it displays 3 colleges.

waiting any response...

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
The project does use JSON files.

JSON stands for JavaScript Object Notation.

All three of the files within the data folder are JSON files. Open any one of the files and you will see JSON strings (if you are familiar with JSON).

Also notice that the dataType attribute on all of the AJAX calls is JSON. If they were not JSON files, that would cause a fatal error.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

:) you alright

My issue is in the files type :( they are txt files .... How can I change the files type ? ! :(

As you said. AJAX calls JSON.

and could you please put one more college in the list :)

after that, I am going to do some changes on the page :)

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
There is no such thing as a JSON file type. JSON is an object notation, NOT a file type. If you change the extensions to JSON, the server will not know what to do with it and return a 404 error because it is a made up file type.

Again, JSON is not a type of file. It is an object notation. A JSON file is a text file that has a JSON string in it. I cannot change it to a "json type" because that doesn't exist. Changing the extension will break the project. It is exactly what it is supposed to be. I've been working with JSON since 2006.

I have added the additional college. Please download here:

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okaytion :) I got what you mean now :) thank you for your explain :)

So, you did not perfectly :)

thank you so much.

Have a good one:) and enjoy your time :)

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yep :)

thank you so much. It was helpful explain Mr;TheDoctor.

anything happens I will inform you.

Thank you again :)