Hi Chris M, I just paid 3$ to view ur answer about medical coding, but unfortunately, the link file has been removed.
If you can supply the link to that question, I will see if I can retrieve the answer for you.
Hi, I'm sorry, but i was was looking for the answer of
Assignment 2 Graded Quiz, you also put the link on it, that was the asnwer i wa looking for..
Hi again, Here are the answers to the second quiz:
1. A. Complications of pregnancy
2. C. 599.0.
3. A. V65.44
4. A. 250.01
5. B. 2
6. C. 276.8.
7. C. 4.
8. B. When the physician states that the large amount of blood loss is due to the surgery and causing the anemia
9. B. Physician documentation stating uncontrolled or controlled
10. B. fourth digits or additional codes may indicate the causative organism(s).
Hope this helps!
Hi Chris,Is it ok if i ask you to answer my homework,cos, i believed that i just have to pay 3$ on the answers you provided on me, but to fair, I will pay you 70$ if you can answers the questions that i will provide now.
1. Which of the following is an example of a HCPCS Level I code?A. 81.52 C. 96410B. 011.60 D. Q00842. Hospital inpatient procedures and interventions are reported usingA. Volume 3 of ICD-9-CM.B. Volume 3 of ICD-9-CM and HCPCS Level I.C. HCPCS Level I.D. HCPCS Level II.3. For outpatient procedures, the CMS requires reporting codes usingA. Volume 3 of ICD-9-CM.B. Volume 3 of ICD-9-CM and HCPCS Level I.C. HCPCS Level I.D. HCPCS Level II.
4. The UHDDS definition for principal diagnosis applies toA. inpatients. C. inpatients and outpatients.B. outpatients. D. all coded information.5. Which rule is correct when an outpatient is seen for chemotherapy?A. List first the diagnosis, followed by the chemotherapy V code.B. List first the chemotherapy V code, followed by the diagnoses.C. List only the V code for chemotherapy.D. List only the code for the diagnosis.6. Review the following ICD-9-CM coding instruction excerpt: Cardiotomy and pericardiotomy—Code also cardiopulmonary bypass [extracorporeal circulation][heart-lung machine] (39.61)According to this excerpt, how many ICD-9-CM procedure codes should be assigned?A. 0 C. 2B. 1 D. Need more information7. For an outpatient with gallstones who had a laparoscopic cholecystectomy performed, howmany codes are required for reporting?A. 1 C. 3B. 2 D. 48. What happens when an inpatient procedure is canceled after a patient has been admitted?A. Code V64.X as the secondary diagnosis with no procedure code assignedB. Code V64.X as the principal diagnosis with no procedure code assignedC. Code V64.X as secondary diagnosis with the procedure coded as completedD. Code V64.X as principal diagnosis with the procedure coded as completed9. If you were looking for corneal reconstruction in the CPT Index, what term gets you to theright code?A. Cornea C. RevisionB. Eye D. Reconstruction
10. HCPCS Level III codesA. identify emerging technology, services, and procedures for which there are no codes yet.B. are those local codes that have been phased out.C. list frequently unused procedures.D. require AMA approval for use and assignment
11. Which of the following is the correct set of coding guidelines that physicians arerequired to report?A. ICD-9-CM codes for diagnoses and HCPCS codes for procedures and servicesB. ICD-9-CM codes for diagnoses, HCPCS and ICD-9-CM codes for proceduresC. Only HCPCS and ICD-9-CM procedure codesD. Only HCPCS procedure and service codes12. In a physician’s office, coding and billing is done for which of the following categories?A. Only physician office servicesB. Only services the physician perform in hospitalsC. Only services performed in outpatient centersD. All physician services performed, no matter where the service occurred13. A significant portion of the services that physicians provide are reported by _______ codes.A. E C. E/MB. V D. Q/T14. Which of the following codes requires the use of modifiers?A. ICD-9-CM procedures C. ICD-9-CM diagnosis codesB. HCPCS D. Varies according to the setting
15. Using two or more codes when one code would be sufficient to represent all services is anexample ofA. unbundling. C. “Code Also.”B. bundling. D. inclusion.16. A Medicare patient had a benign lesion measuring 0.5 cm removed from his back at hisphysician’s office. Which of the following codes is correct?A. 17000 C. 11600-57B. 11400-57 D. 1140017. What is the proper modifier to use for referring to services performed by a physician whorepaired a broken leg and a broken arm at the same operative session?A.-51 C.-62B. -59 D. -7718. Which code is appropriate for a radiologist’s report on a 23-year-old patient who had an X-rayof the left and right forearms?A. 73090-50 C. 73090-LT, 73090-RTB. 73221 D. 73090, 73090-5919. How does a physician ensure that each laboratory test performed in his/her office isreimbursed?A. Assign a separate code for each testB. Report the appropriate panel code for the tests.C. Make sure that each test is documentedD. Only order and report medically necessary tests20. What is the correct code for IV infusion for therapy/diagnosis, administered by physician orunder direct supervision of physician—up to one hour?A. 96365 C. 90782B. 90779 D. 90783
21. Which of the following would be coded within the HCPCS Level II series code range ofA4206–A8004?A. Ambulance ride to an emergency departmentB. Artificial kidney machineC. Commode chairD. Sterile needle22. HCPCS Level II drugs are listed mainly in which of the following coding sections?A. A codes C. J codesB. F codes D. Q codes23. HCPCS Level II modifiers may be used withA. Level I or Level II HCPCS codes. C. CPT codes only.B. Level I, II, or III HCPCS codes. D. CPT and ICD-9-CM procedure codes.24. Services like transportation and wheelchairs are reported underA. ICD-9-CM. C. HCPCS Level I codes.B. CPT. D. HCPCS Level II E codes
25. An ambulance picks up a patient at her sister’s house. Which of the following is the correctmodifier for this type of service?A. -H C. -RB. -P D. -RH26. The code A4642 is classified under which of the following categories?A. Drug C. Ambulance serviceB. Supply D. Durable medical equipment27. What is the corresponding HCPCS Level II code for HCPCS Level I code 96360?A. S9373 C. S9376B. S9374 D. S937528. In what category do you code administration of Procrit if not identified by Levels I or II?A. A codes C. J codesB. G codes D. Q codes29. Which of the following is the HCPCS Level II code for a single-use chemotherapy pump?A. E0781 C. A9270B. G0361 D. 9907030. Which of the following is a true statement about HCPCS Level II supplies?A. They’re often included within the procedure code.B. They’re always coded separately.C. They’re covered under “unlisted” procedure codes.D. They’re covered under HCPCS Level I.
Directions: Code only the HCPCS Level II code or codes (plus modifiers, if applicable) foreach example. Use the lists that you downloaded from the CMS.
31. Physician’s professional component of interpreting an abnormal Pap smear32. Five surgical team members meet with the patient to determine a treatment course33. Annual flu vaccine at a local grocery store34. Infusion, albumin (human), 5%, 50 mL35. Gastrostomy tubing36. Heavy-duty folding walker with a seat and wheels37. Psychiatrist screens a patient to determine eligibility for an alcohol and drug program38. Transportation of a portable EKG to a physician’s office for a patient39. Anterior chamber intraocular lens40. TLSO corset front
You can take your time i can wait until you finished this, and i will give bunos and excellent rate if im satisfied with the answers..
no deadline, just take your time i can wait for days, and here's the exam#s assignment quiz penn foster medical coding
and oh, ive got answers to sone of the questions, but i am not quite sure about it, so please correct it if necessary.
2.a 3.b 4.a 8.a 9.d 10.b
11.a 12.d 13.c 14.b 15.a 16.d
21.d 22.c 23 a 24.d 25.c 26.d 28.d 29 a 30.a
Hi Chris, can u also check this out? again i underlined my answers but to make sure just correct it if needed.
I will add 10$ for this, so all in all i will pay you 80$ and if im satified with bunos and excellent rate.
Again, u dont have to be in hurry as i can wait, no deadline, so dont pressure yourself ok?
ICD-9-CM Hospital Inpatient Coding 40951300
1. A patient is admitted to undergo chemotherapy for cancer of the sigmoid colon that was previously treated with resection.
Which code is sequenced first?A. 153.3 C. V58.1B. 153.9 D. V102. A patient was admitted to the hospital for chest pain due to tachycardia. While in the hospital, the patient was also treated for type 1 diabetes. Upon further review, the coder noted that the documentation and EKG didn’t provide further evidence of the type of tachycardia or underlying cardiac condition(s).What should the coder report as the principal diagnosis?A. Chest painB. Tachycardia, NOSC. Insulin-dependent diabetes mellitusD. Cardiac disease, NOS
3. Dr. Smith recorded the following diagnoses on the patient’s discharge sheet:gastrointestinal bleeding due to acute gastritis and angiodysplasia. The principal diagnosis is coded asA. GI bleeding.B. acute gastritis.C. angiodysplasia.D. either acute gastritis or angiodysplasia.4. A patient was admitted with extreme fatigue and lethargy. Upon discharge, thephysician documents: fatigue due to either depression or hypothyroidism. Which of the following are correct codes and sequencing for the scenario?A. 780.79, 311, 244.9 C. 249.9, 311B. 311, 249.9, 789.79 D. 789.795. Of the following, which code would take precedence over the other?A. 072.0 over 033.0 C. 486 over 480B. 595.0 over 131.09 D. 112.2 over 599.06. Upon discharge, the physician documents the following on the patient’s discharge sheet: ?HIV infection. As the inpatient coder, your next step should be toA. code the HIV infection as if it exists (according to UHDDS guidelines) and report itas the principal diagnosis.B. review the UHDDS guidelines for assigning possible HIV infection codes versusAIDS codes.C. query the physician and request that the statement be amended with a positive(or negative) confirmation of the HIV infection.D. wait to code the patient’s record until a positive finding on the serology reportconfirms the HIV diagnosis.7. For which of the following scenarios would it be appropriate to query the physician formore information before coding and/or sequencing?A. A patient was admitted with severe abdominal pain. At discharge, the physiciandocuments: abdominal pain due to either hiatal hernia or diverticula.B. A patient was admitted with congestive heart failure (treated with IV furosemide)and unstable angina (treated with nitrates).C. A patient has low potassium levels noted on the laboratory report (treated withorally administered potassium).D. A patient is admitted with dysuria with no cause found.
8. Which of the following statements is true?A. A patient has diabetes and an ulcer. Code the ulcer as diabetic.B. A pregnant patient has diabetes. Code diabetes as complicating the pregnancy.C. A patient has diabetes and cardiomyopathy. Code the cardiomyopathy as a diabeticcomplication.D. A patient has diabetes and cataracts. Code diabetic cataracts.9. A patient was admitted for metastatic carcinoma from the breast to several lymphnode sites. Two years ago she had a double mastectomy. Which of the following is thecorrect code assignment for this case?A. 196.8, V10.3 C. 196.8, 174.9, 85.42B. 174.9, 196.8 D. 196.8, 174.9, V10.310. One of the secondary diagnoses listed on the patient’s discharge sheet is seizures. Asa coder, your next step is probablyA. coding seizures to 780.39.B. coding seizures to 345.C. not reporting the code because it’s a symptom.D. querying the physician for more information/clarification.11. A patient was discharged with the diagnosis of acute bronchitis with chronic obstructiveasthma. Which of the following is the correct coding and sequencing (if applicable) forthis patient?A. 493.21 C. 466.0, 493.21B. 493.21, 496 D. 493.9112. Code 780.2 can be listed as principal diagnosis in which of the following cases?A. For an outpatient encounter when the cause has been determinedB. For an inpatient encounter when the cause hasn’t been determinedC. When it’s listed with a contrasting diagnosisD. It can never be listed as principal diagnosis.13. Which of the following codes should not be listed as principal diagnosis?A. 784.7 C. E812.0B. V30.00 D. 307.8114. Choose the correct code and sequencing for the following scenario: Reduction of righthumerus fracture with cast.A. 79.00 C. 79.00, 93.53B. 79.01 D. 79.01, 93.53
15. Read the following excerpt from medical record documentation and determine thecorrect code(s) for coding. The physician writes: “…noted burn on the arm skin withredness. Patient complained of tenderness to the touch.”A. 943.01 C. 943.21B. 943.10 D. 943.3016. A patient was admitted in a coma from intentionally ingesting an entire bottle ofsedatives. Which of the following is the correct coding and sequencing assignment?A. 780.01, 967.8 C. 967.8, E950.2B. 780.01, 967.8, E950.2 D. 967.8, 780.01, E950.217. Which of the following situations would allow the assigning of a V code for a principaldiagnosis?A. Mother admitted for birth of infant, no complicationsB. Patient admitted for dialysisC. Patient admitted for metastatic breast cancer with a history of ovarian cancerD. Patient admitted for poisoning has a history of alcoholism18. A patient was admitted for nausea and vomiting due to gastroenteritis. Which of thefollowing is the correct code reporting and sequencing?A. 787.01, 787.02, 558.9 C. 558.9, 787.01B. 787.02, 787.03, 558.9 D. 558.919. A physicXXXXX XXXXXsts positive findings on a purified protein derivative (PPD) test as asecondary diagnosis on the patient’s discharge sheet. How should this listing be coded?A. 795.5B. 010.95C. 011.05D. This listing shouldn’t be coded.20. A physicXXXXX XXXXXsts urosepsis as a secondary diagnosis on a patient’s discharge sheet.How would you code this diagnosis?A. Code it to 790.7. C. Code it to 599.0.B. Code it to 038.9. D. Code 599.0, 038.9.21. A patient is admitted for metastatic adenocarcinoma of the sacrum from the prostate.A prostatectomy was performed 11 months ago. Which of the following should bereported as the principal diagnosis for this patient?A. V10 C. 198.5B. 185 D. 170.6
22. A patient was discharged with a diagnosis of diabetes with nephropathy and chronicrenal failure. How many codes would be reported for this patient?A. OneB. TwoC. ThreeD. Need more information on the type of diabetes23. If the physician describes the patient as presently in a manic phase, but has experienced depression in the past, this condition may be coded asA. 296.4X C. 296.6XB. 296.5X D. Need more information24. Codes 331.9, 332.0, are conditions affecting theA. central nervous system. C. gastrointestinal system.B. peripheral nervous system. D. cardiovascular system.25. A patient was admitted with an acute exacerbation of chronic obstructive bronchitis and found to be in respiratory failure. Which of the following is the correct coding and sequencing for this case?A. 518.81, 491.21 C. 518.81, 496B. 491.21, 518.81 D. 493.91, 496, 518.81
I will be willing to do the the first three exams--#40952100, #40952200, #40952300--
(total of 40 questions) for the value you assigned. Let me know if this is agreeable.
Ok, that was 70$ right?
But i already added 10$ more for the additional questions, if you can also answer this
Which i wrote above,
I will add more 10$ so i will pay you 20$ for this exam.
ok, then, just do the first three exams--#40952100, #40952200, #40952300--70$ as we both agreed the price.
thanks chris, i will wait for it~
Hi Chris, once again thanks for the helps, i have 80$ in my account as said i will add 10$ to make it 90$, but for some reason, i cant find the edit price, s instead, i will give you 20$ bunos plus the 80$ so, 100$ all in all. Looking forward to have your service again..
Hi Chris, I posted another questions, this time it needs to provide codes, so i am just hoping maybe you can take a look at it, and let me know if you can do it. I am willing to raise the amount if its possible for you to do it.
Thanks, and let me know asap.
These questions are including from the multiple choices that you answered, this is also part of Medical coding 2, and these quiz are taken from my Clinical Coding Workout book.