F. Naz
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience:  Experience with chartered accountancy
20040807

Assignment 4A: Source of Revenue: Viability Use the balance

Assignment 4A: Source of Revenue: Viability

Use the balance sheet and statement of income you downloaded for Ascension Health during Week 3. In a Microsoft Excel spreadsheet, prepare a vertical analysis of the company for the years 2010 and 2011 and a horizontal analysis from 2010 (base year) to 2011 (subsequent year).

Discuss your findings. Here are a few, but not all, the questions you should consider.

Is Ascension Health growing?
What line items reflected the largest-percentage increases and/or decreases?
What is the financial impact these changes have on the company's financial viability currently and in the future?
submit your 2–3-page report

Assignment 4B: Business Plan for a Healthcare Organization

You need to work on two main tasks:

The first task is: Source of Revenue: An Increase in the Medicare Patient Population

The president of Gentiva Health Services is considering increasing her number of Medicare patients served next year. However, to do so she must begin to use RNs for client visits, which Medicare reimburses at $45 per visit. An RN costs $35 per hour versus the current cost of $15 for an LPN or nurse’s aide. The president believes she can increase her patient visits by 15% by accepting Medicare patients. She is also aware that if she increases her Medicare patients, the company’s administrative costs will increase by approximately $10,000 per year because of the claims file complexity.

Using the Gentiva Health Services Statement of Income http://investors.gentiva.com/financials.cfm, use the following volumes for your calculations:

Volume for the year:

Flexible budget: 6,000 visits
Static budget: 5,945 visits
Actual budget: 5,889 visits
Prepare a two-page report that addresses the following:

How many more visits will the company generate if it accepts Medicare patients?
What would be the estimated profit or loss associated with the Medicare service line?
Would you recommend that Gentiva Health Services increase its number of Medicare patients served? Why or why not?

The second task is: Business Plan

Review the quarterly report and develop a business plan for the organization for its upcoming financial year. Be sure to include the following in your organized business plan:

Organization segment
Marketing segment
Financial segment
Projected cash flow statement
Projected income statement
Projected balance sheet
Feel free to take liberties with information needed that is not available in the report.

You may find the quarterly report at http://investors.gentiva.com/financials.cfm

Include all required tasks for this assignment in a Word document.
Category: Homework
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
There are three assignments, to be done, one in Assignemnt 4A and two in 4B. Therefore the fair price is $50 each, which will make it $150 in total. By what time do you need the asseingment thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok i need this by 4/28/2013..thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Did you get my other post on 4/21/2013?..............pls i need that one ASAP...latest the morning of 4/23/2013...thanks...............pls reply me if you got that homework question because you have not responded to my post on it.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
I will provide you the assignment one by one, if you will be satisified with the assignmment and will rate it then I will provide the other assignment, all assignment will be completed by your deadline, thanks.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

Due to bad weather and internet problem, it is likely that the I will not be able to meet deadline, therefore if you could extend the deadline, thanks.

Pleae also provide data for Assignment 4A

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Data for 4A can be found in my other post. 4A is a continuation of my other post under question 2 assignment 2........take a look at an excerpt below:

Download and review the financial statements of Ascension Health, a nonprofit, religious-based healthcare system, from
http://www.ascensionhealth.org/index.php?option=com_content&view=article
&id=45&Itemid=160.

Download and review the financial statements of HCA, Inc., a for-profit healthcare system, from http://phx.corporate-ir.net/phoenix.zhtml?c=63489&p=irol-reports.

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Sorry I could not find the financial satatement for 2010 and 2011
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Experience: Experience with chartered accountancy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

is this answer for 4A or 4B?.............thanks

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
It is for Assignment 4B task 1, the following questions has been answered.

Volume for the year:

Flexible budget: 6,000 visits
Static budget: 5,945 visits
Actual budget: 5,889 visits

Would you recommend that Gentiva Health Services increase its number of Medicare patients served? Why or why
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Don't forget my questions here too pls (QUESTION 4A and Question 4B Task 2)..........extended due date for this homework questions is 5/6/2013...........what other information do you need for Question 4A pls?.......................

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My balance due here for the remaining questions is $100...........right?

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but I could not find the financial statements of Acension Health, take care.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just contacted my instructor about this........I will provide you with more information as soon as possible. Thanks

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Thanks.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Please check the year ending for vertcal and horizontal analysis of Ascenion Health. I have data for 2012 and 2011, while the assignment is for 2011 and 2010 thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pls follow the link provided in the assignment for Ascension. About 3/4ths way down the webpage is a link called

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Do you bmeans the balance sheet and statement of opertions on page 3 and 4, have you got anothe assignment on another post, thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'm very sure you are going to use the statements of operation on page 3 and 4........i don't have any other question other than I'm waiting to get answers on question 4A here in this post and Question 4B Task 2...............thank you

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can you pls post the answer to Assignment 4B Task 2 so that I can pay you your balance due at once........Thanks for your help

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
Okay will post you in next 12 to 18 hours, but you can pay for work done and then you can pay later for the remaining assignment, or whatever you feel comfortable you can doe, take care.
Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
F. Naz, Chartered Accountant