R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

To RRJha Next project: Sum-Over-a-Range Program It

To RRJha

Next project:

Sum-Over-a-Range Program

It is desired to create a program that calculates the sum of integers in a given range that are also evenly divisible by a given integer. (ex. determine the sum of all integers from 5 to 22 that are evenly divisible by 3). The user will supply the beginning integer, the ending integer and the divisor.

The program must be an object-oriented program based on the following specifications:

-THE SUMMATION CLASS
1. Create an object oriented class named Summation that has fields for the following items:

a. Beginning Integer
b. Ending Integer
c. Divisor
d. Sum
e. (Any other fields that may be required)

2. Create Properties for each of the fields:
a. Values calculated in the Summation Class are to be (read only)

3. Create methods as required to calculate the sum of all integers in the range that are evenly divisible by the divisor.

4. NOTE:
a. All calculations are done by the Summation class
b. No user inputs or outputs are done by the Summation class

-THE PROGRAM (MAIN) CLASS
1. The Program class accepts inputs from the user for the following:
a. lower limit of the integer range
b. the upper limit of the integer range
c. the divisor (the number that is to divide evenly into values in the range)
d. the program should utilize a loop to keep requesting inputs and producing outputs until the user enters a lower limit of -9999

2. The Program class creates and uses an object of the Summation class to:
a. Pass the inputs to the correct Properties of the object

3. NOTE:
a. The Program class provides for all inputs and outputs of the program
b. The Program class does no calculations

a. Flowcharts and Pseudocode for properties are not required unless they perform functions other than simply getting and setting fields.

HINT: a. The modulus operator (%) computes the remainder after dividing its first operand by its second. EX: int remainder = 0;
int myVariable = 13;
int divisor = 7;
remainder = myVariable % divisor;

at the end of this code fragment, the value of remainder is 6.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for asking. I'll work over this and get back to you by tomorrow.

Regards
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just a quick update, for the loops, only use (for, while and do while).

As for the lower limit, if you could please instead do an all encompassing loop that asks the user if they would like to use the program again (a menu loop, asking yes or no to continue).

Thanks!

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Alright, I'd include that.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't remember if I put a due date on this one, but preferably by April 21. Thanks

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Here is the program

https://www.box.com/s/yk5rte1pary9t6be4lon

Please rate the answer.

I'll work on the pseudocode and flowchart and send by tomorrow. Then you can add the bonus same as last time.

Thanks
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey, sorry about that bonus mix-up. I forgot the tip was the bonus. I get you on the next project. Thanks for the hard work!

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
That's alright. You can make it up while adding bonus next time.

Thanks