Steve Herrod
Steve Herrod, Masters Degree
Experience:  BA (Hons) & MA Qualifications

I have been hired to set up a local area network with a firewall

I have been hired to set up a local area network with a firewall for a Windows® network at a medium-sized consulting company, the network will have 100 users and 10 applications used extensively by 80 of the employees. 10 ee’s are clerks and should have read-only access to the databases generated by the applications. The company’s worried about security and want a firewall installed. They are physically located on the first 3 floors of one building.

My job is to develop a LAN plan for this consulting company, including the layout of the network, user and group access, and security. Create a boardroom-quality PowerPoint® presentation of 10-12 slides detailing your plan. Be sure to include flowcharts of the physical and logical network and an explanation of why you would choose to develop the network in the format you select. Include details regarding the technology needed for your plan and what benefits that technology would have. Utilize speaker notes to elaborate on the key points of your plan. Company name is Taylor & Sons Financial Consulting.

Develop a plan to set up a local area network based on this scenario.
Create a 10- to 12-slide, boardroom-quality Microsoft® PowerPoint® presentation detailing your plan.

Need by Saturday, April 20th.

Steve Herrod :

Hi, I've created 3 versions of this previously

Steve Herrod :

You can use/amend those if you wish?

Steve Herrod :

Let me know

Steve Herrod :

Steve Herrod :

Good Morning,

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX review this in a few hours, in route to work. I will reply back in a few hours.

Steve Herrod :

No problem!