R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech
20870358

I need to write a program in C to keep track of a particle

I need to write a program in C to keep track of a particle "explores" a linear array of sites making random unit hops left or right. The generation of random 0's and 1's is no problem. But the array needs to have periodic boundaries. What would be a program in C for periodic boundaries?
Welcome!

I'd be glad to help. Do you have any code so far? If not, no problem. I'll work out a simple simulation and send to you. Let me know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I haven't any code yet. I was trying to figure out how to handle the periodic boundaries issue.

Thanks.

Ok, I'll write the code and send an example program soon.
Please download code below

https://www.box.com/s/slgu1p955rfy1mzhfr64

and here is the output. Particle is denoted by *

https://www.box.com/s/jgdrzcq8jal0geizwcdh

Let me know if any questions.

Please rate the answer.

Just add 'RRJha' at the start of your new question if you need help with any other problems.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

RRJha

Hi, I need now to modify the code so as to 1. stop it as soon as all sites have been visited once, 2. repeat the process a number of times (N) and 3. obtain the average number of hops.

Can you help? Do I have to send a new question?

Thanks.

I'll work over this and get back to you.
Since it's a continuation from previous part, I can post the answer here itself, rating which you may pay the same amount you did last time.

Thanks

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I'm trying to rate your answer but it keeps saying 'Access denied'.

Please make sure that you've sufficient balance in your Justanswer account. If not, first try transferring the amount to your Justanswer account.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But I don't see how to transfer money to my account...

Ok, please try to create a new blank question with same value. Just add 'For RRJha' at the start. I'll post the answer there and see if you could leave rating there.