Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Objective: Apply techniques used in capital budgeting decisions.

11. Projects can be classified into various categories. These include
a. new products and new businesses projects that include research and development activities
b. cost savings and revenue enhancement projects that include improvements in production technology to realize cost savings and marketing campaigns to achieve revenue enhancement
c. capacity expansion projects that involve expanding the current business by adding new equipment and facilities
d. all of these

Objective: Analyze a capital project’s present value based on expected future net cash flows.
12. The _____ for a project equals one plus the present value of the future cash flows divided by the initial investment.
a. NPV
b. PI
c. IRR
d. Payback

Week Five: Long-Term Financing
Objective: Outline a method for managing capital structure.
13. Studies show systematic differences in capital structures across industries. These are due mostly to differences in the availability of tax shelter provided by things other than debt, such as
a. hiring and firing practices
b. operating tax loss carryforwards
c. what the capital asset pricing theory tells us
d. all of these

Objective: Evaluate the effect of dividend policy on stock price.
14. According to the _____ view of dividends, dividend changes are important indicators to investors of changes in management's expectations about the firm's future earnings.
a. clientele
b. signaling
c. capital gains
d. transferable

Objective: Explain the types and main features of long-term debt.
15. Most debt issuers select a coupon rate that will make the bonds
a. less than par
b. worth par
c. greater than par
d. greater than or equal to par

Objective: Compare and contrast leasing with debt/equity finance.
16. Which of the following statement is true?
a. Under an indirect lease, the lessee identifies the asset it requires.
b. Under a direct lease arrangement, the owner of an asset sells it, usually at market value, for cash.
c. A lessor who provides lease financing for an expensive piece of equipment, such as an aircraft, may wish to borrow a portion of the funds to make that investment.
d. none of these

Week Six: Financial Planning
Objective: Analyze the effect of price setting on capital budgeting.
17. You are evaluating a proposed project. You find that the DCF-NPV is −$50,000. However, by investing today, you think you might have a future growth option to expand, but it would cost you an additional $100,000—in today’s dollars—to have this option. If this future opportunity occurs, you estimate the present value of this option will be $500,000. However, there's only a 60% chance of this occurring. Does the growth option make investment in the proposed project a positive NPV?
a. Yes, the NPV is $50,000.
b. Yes, the NPV is $100,000.
c. Yes, the NPV is $125,000.
d. Yes, the NPV is $150,000.

Objective: Explain the methods, pitfalls, and benefits of capital rationing.
18. Which of these statements is true?
a. Future investment opportunities are options to abandon investment possibilities in the future that result from a current opportunity or operation.
b. When a firm makes a capital budgeting decision, one option to consider is the possibility of stopping the project earlier than originally planned.
c. The abandonment option is the option to postpone, rather than cancel, an expansion.
d. none of these

Objective: Create a financial plan.
19. Benefits a firm hopes to realize from the planning process include
a. past orientation
b. nonstandardized assumptions
c. preparing for contingencies
d. subjectivity

TeacherGreg :
Thanks for using JustAnswer. My name isXXXXX will do whatever I can to answer your questions.
TeacherGreg :
CLICK HERE for the resource on this prompt.
TeacherGreg :
Feel free to request me anytime. Just put "For TeacherGreg" at the front of your post or, even better, bookmark my weblink at www.GregPearl.com and use the question box on my page - still put the "For TeacherGreg" in the front of the post so it is directly sent to me.

All the best in your studies and have a wonderful rest of the week.
Customer:

Thanks so much!!!! I really appreciate your assistance!