R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

I need help with a simple code for Visual

I need help with a simple code for Visual Studio C#...

Category: Homework
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

I'd be glad to help. Please upload the question document and related files on wikisend.com and post download link here.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

PART A

Write a program that gets the amount of a purchase from the user and then calculates the shipping charge, based on the following table:

$0.00 - $250.00:$5.00
$250.01 - $500.00:$8.00
$500.01 - $1,000.00:$10.00
$1,000.01 - $5,000.00:$15.00
over $5,000.00:$20.00

Sample output from program:

Enter a purchase amount to find out your shipping charges.

Please enter the amount of your purchase: 234.65
The shipping charge on a purchase of $234.65 is $5.00.
Press any key to continue . . .

Put yourself in the place of the program. What questions would you ask a customer in order to get the best input? How would you determine the correct shipping charges if you had to make the decisions yourself? Write out the questions you would ask yourself on paper as pseudocode and/or in Visual Studio as C# XXXXX and then implement them one by one, testing as you go. Remember to not write too much at one time. Always add and test functionality incrementally!

You can use the pseudocode below as a guide:

Prompt the user for the sale amount
Is sale amount greater than $5,000.00?
If so, shipping is $20.00
If not, is sale amount greater than $1,000.00?
If so, shipping is $15.00
If not, is sale amount greater than $500.00?
If so, shipping is $10.00
If not, is sale amount greater than $250.00?
If so, shipping is $8.00
If not, is sale amount greater than $0.00
shipping is $5.00
If not
shipping is $0.00

If shipping is $0.00
Display "Error incorrect input"
If not
Display sale amount and shipping charge

PART B

Write a program that translates a TV channel (1 through 10) in your area to its respective call sign. For example, in the New York metropolitan area, channel 2 translates to WCBS. If a channel is unused in your area, tell the user that this is the case.

Sample output from program:

Translate TV Channel Number to Call Sign

Enter channel number: 1
Channel 1 is undesignated in your area

Enter channel number: 2
Call sign for channel 2 is WCBS

Enter channel number: 6
Call sign for channel 6 is WRNNDT

Put yourself in the place of the program. What steps would you personally need to perform in order to process a channel translation yourself? Write out those steps on paper as pseudocode and/or in Visual Studio as C# XXXXX and then implement them one by one, testing as you go. Remember to not write too much at one time. Always add and test functionality incrementally!

Pseudocode: Although there are several valid ways to write the program, the following is an outline of one way to design the overall logic.

• Declare variables for channel and call sign

• Get channel number from user

• Use appropriate decision structure to translate number to call sign

• If number is XXXXX in area

• Print out translation

• If not

• Tell user this is the case

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

I can help with both of them. Let me know if you could add $25 as bonus, as both of them together is rather long work at current offer. Also, please mention the deadline.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I can add $25 bonus.. I need it as soon as you can. Thanks!

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech