R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech
20870358

I am a university student in an intro to computing class.

I am a university student in an intro to computing class. I have a project I am working on that asks a user for a number and a file name and then searches the file for a word and the number of times the users number appears in the file. I am including the project details and my code thus far. I have tried all sorts of while loops and I continue to receive no word output and the number count will not work either (I removed the number counter so as to just work on the word issue compiler errors/etc. and then move on to the number within my current code).

Welcome!

I'd be glad to help with your project. Please upload the requirements document and other related files at wikisend.com and post download link here. I'll review them and let you know.

Thanks
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have tried several times and I can't seem to upload the files on wikisend. Is there something you know of that would cause this issue? I turned off my anti-virus, thinking that might be the cause. I made the files smaller so they were below the 100Mbytes. Is it possible for me to post the information here? Thank you, Tobi

You may try http://ge.tt or http://box.com to upload the files. You may also zip your files and directly attach them here. Just type some text in reply box, select the text, and use the link icon just right of yellow smiley in reply toolbar.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you for assisting with the file upload problem. Here is the link to my project requirements and my codes, thus far.

http://ge.tt/5Ad09vd/v/0?c

Received the file. I'll review it and get back to you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

You're welcome!
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Thanks, received the rating and bonus.
Let me know anytime you need any help in future. Just start your new question as 'For RRJha' and I'll revert back to you.

Have a nice weekend!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You do the same. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

RRJha: Just one question about my last project. My file, p4in.dat contains the number 20, 2 times. My code returns a count of 3 times. Is there a way to fix this problem or do I need to submit a new question?

Thank you.