Ellen, Lawyer
Experience:  Lawyer, Accountant and Researcher
9968427

Question 1 of 205.0 PointsThe study of ecology focuses

For FiveStar Law

Question 1 of 20 5.0 Points The study of ecology focuses specifically on: A. the world that is all around us. B. the world of living things in our planet. C. the mutual relationship between organisms and the natural world. D. anything having to do with life. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 2 of 20 5.0 Points According to the text, by 2050, it is believed that __________ of the earth's species will become extinct if rain forest destruction continues. A. 6% B. 14% C. 25% D. 50% Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 3 of 20 5.0 Points Wetlands are important for all of the following reasons EXCEPT: A. they provide local habitats for many species of animals and plants. B. one-third of endangered or threatened species in the U.S. live in or are dependent on them. C. they harbor the majority of the world's flowering species. D. they provide purification of local water supplies. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 4 of 20 5.0 Points The percentage of China's rivers that were severely polluted in 2000 was __________; in 2002 it was __________. A. 12%; 20% B. 22%; 51% C. 32%; 65% D. 42%; 71% Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 5 of 20 5.0 Points The United States is responsible for __________ of the world's total energy consumption. A. 15% B. 25% C. 35% D. 45% Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 6 of 20 5.0 Points According to the article "The Grim Payback of Greed" our level of consumerism: A. is essentially a creation of the 20th century. B. has declined in the West but is growing rapidly in developing countries. C. is highly correlated with reported levels of happiness. D. is tied to our vast wealth, and to forces in the modern world that encourage people to act on their consumption desires. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 7 of 20 5.0 Points Indirectly, the "meat-eating quarter of humanity" consumes nearly __________ of the world's grain. A. 15% B. 20% C. 40% D. 50% Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 8 of 20 5.0 Points According to the National Academy of Sciences, the Earth's surface temperature has risen about __________ in the past century. A. 1% B. 5% C. 10% D. 12% Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 9 of 20 5.0 Points According to the textbook, an individual's most important decision that will effect the climate is: A. the choice to unplug an extra freezer that is rarely used. B. looking for the Energy Star on new appliances. C. selecting a fuel efficient automobile. D. planting a tree. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 10 of 20 5.0 Points Which of the following was NOT a founding principle of the Kyoto Protocol? A. Scientific uncertainty must not be used to avoid precautionary action. B. Nations must have common but differentiated responsibilities. C. All nations must be included in the contract for it to work. D. Industrial nations must take the lead in addressing the problem. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 11 of 20 5.0 Points The article "Young at Risk" proposes that the young of humans and animals are more vulnerable to chemical pollutant exposure due to all of the following reasons EXCEPT that: A. their brains are less sensitive than those of mature humans and animals. B. the young eat and breathe more for their body weights than adults, so they get bigger proportional doses of external pollutants. C. accumulated dioxin slows action to the immune system. D. they will be getting about 50 times the exposure of an adult during critical developmental stages. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 12 of 20 5.0 Points The central problem in the international fishing industry is: A. "poaching" by foreign vessels in the territorial waters of small nations. B. laws restricting fishing in waters with the most abundant fish populations. C. the decline in fish populations due to over-fishing, pollution, and habitat destruction. D. a lack of enforcement of the Magnuson Fishery Conservation and Management Act. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 13 of 20 5.0 Points The reauthorization of the Magnuson Act in 1996 focused on all of the following EXCEPT: A. overfishing. B. funding. C. air quality. D. habitat degradation. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Question 14 of 20 5.0 Points According to the text, problems associated with the Endangered Species Act include all of the following EXCEPT: A. its use as a "last-chance" approach to saving endangered species. B. the creation of conflict between individual property owners and government regulations concerning species. C. a lack of public support for the Act. D. ill-defined categories concerning the level of threat posed by human activities to individual species. Reset Selection Mark for Review What's This? Questio

Thank you. Same payment arrangement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes thanks

Great. I'll post in about 20 min
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

That exam was also 85% thanks :).. i posted another set

Thanks. I shall answer now.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello FiveStarLaw,

Are you any good with Principles of Finance, Microeconomics or Personal Finance Exams at AshWorth College?

Yes I am excellent with those subjects Chris
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok great because I heard Principles of Finance was hard and I was going to drop it for Personal Finance. I will be in touch with you.

ok great - I am good with both