TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

**For TheDoctor** New additions and improvements. The info

**For TheDoctor** New additions and improvements. The info you can find at . And one other thing is please make it so only 1 user can register per email. Right now users with same email can sign up. 

Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

Currently, if you sign up for an account in the system and do not follow the verification link in the email, you cannot log in. It comes back with a message that says "Incorrect Login" because there is no active account with that login.

I just tested it now. I sign up for a new user. The email pops up but I do not click the link in the email. I attempt to log in. It will not let me. It says "Incorrect Login"

Then I click on the link in the email. The page says "Account Verified". I once again attempt to log in and it works this time.

What about it is "not working"? It appears to be working perfectly to me. Did you change anything?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When I register new account i can just go back and login in with the info i just sign up without going to my email to verify. And multiuser with same email can sign up.

Hello again,

Please send me your database as it is right now. Export it with phpMyAdmin or MySQL Workbench and send it to me.

It sounds like an issue with being able to sign up with the same email address again, not an issue with the verification. The verification is working. I just tested it three times. However, if you sign up with an account that has the same email account as a previously verified account, then you will be able to log in, not because the verification is working, but because you are actually signing in as the previous user, not the new one.

So I will fix that issue.

I think your database is just slightly different than mine. That is why I am asking to see your database export. That could be causing accounts to be verified without going through the email. You don't have to send the data. Just export the database structure.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hello again,

Thank you. I see the issue. I will send you the necessary ALTER statement along with the rest of these changes.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

And could you do the other additional things as mentioned on the above pdf file for me?

Yes, that's what I meant by "the rest of the changes". The groups, the post submission, and the verification and duplicate emails.

I will contact you once it is all done.
Hello again!

You can download the updated project here:

1.) You will find a file called alterVerify.sql. The first alter in that file will fix the verify issue. It is important that you run all of the alters.

2.) The site will no longer allow you to sign up with an email address that has already been used.

3.) Refreshing pages will no longer cause previous posts to repost

4.) When signing up, users will select two groups "State And City". You can, of course, change those labels.

When you select a "State", the city menu is populated. Currently, there is only 1 association because I am not familiar with Bosnian Geography.

If you look at the database, you will see that the groups table now has a field called state. The state field holds the group_id of the state to which the field belongs. So, for instance, if you look at the record for Zvornik, it's state field hold 28. 28 is the group_id for Sarajevo. That means that Zvornik belongs to Sarajevo.

So, you will want to go through the database and enter the associations. The way the program works, if a state fields is NULL, then it is a "State". If the state field is not null, then it is obviously a "City" that belongs to the indicated state.

Currently, you can see this working with Sarajevo and Zvornik. Choose Sarajevo in the registration and Zvornik appears in the second drop-down menu. Once you have updated those associations in the database, the functionality will work for all states/cities.

Keep in mind that users who you registered prior to this change do not have two groups. So their feed page will have a button that just says "Feed". Users can no longer sign up with just a single feed. So that is not actually a bug. If you want, you can update the database to set the existing users to have a second group. For instance:

UPDATE friends SET group_id2 = 41;

That should set all existing users to Zvornik so that you do not run into the problem with users who have only one group while testing.

After registering with the new two-group system and verifying the account, you will see that there are now three buttons on the feed page: one for each of the groups, and one for the friend feed. The functionality is rather self-explanatory.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

When i write a comment into friends page and click post it redirect me automaticly to my profile page? It should stay on friends page when writing on friends page.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hehe if I dont get a A+ then there is something wrong with my Professor, But thank you very much for everything, I really appreciate it

You are very welcome!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Im so sorry but one other issue I found since replacing ffeed.php. I cant write comment into my own profile page it shows this error

Error message: Notice: Undefined index: uid in /Users/cis420/Sites/changesDone/ffeed.php on line 44

Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /Users/cis420/Sites/changesDone/ffeed.php:44) in /Users/cis420/Sites/changesDone/ffeed.php on line 44

Hello again,

This one was actually caused by the last fix. This file should fix it:

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I still get the same error message after replacing the new ffeed.php, but if i press the back button the comment shows up.

After replacing the file, you need to log out. Then log back in and on the main feed page, you need to press CTRL-F5. The link to your friend page has changed. So you cannot just refresh your friend page and try again. You have to log log out, log back in, clear your press CTRL-F5, then click on "Friend Feed" and then try again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I replaced the whole folder with the new ffeed.php and refreshed the page logged out and back in and still the same. I even tried with new browser i never used before still the same

I apologize. I gave you the wrong file.

As I said, the link to the friend feed page has changed. So it doesn't make sense for me to be givening you the friend feed page. Here is the correct file:

That goes in your include folder.

Once again, make sure that you log out and log back in. After clicking on the "Friend Feed" button, you should notice that there is a "uid" on the URL. That is the change and will fix the problem.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks, it work now, This should do it I won't bother you anymore

have a good one

Feel free to "bother" me as much as you want. You also have a good one.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

How much would it be just to add in the setting page so the user has the option to edit the graduation date.

Hello again,

You probably want them to be able to enter both graduation date and major.

Simply open a new question, starting it with **For TheDoctor**.

When entering the question, select the lowest value options.

Thank you