asciandwildlifebio
asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Experience:  M.S. Bio, B.S. in Animal Science and Wildlife Biology. Comprehensive Spanish Written and Oral Skills

I need help with my homework

I need help with my homework
Category: Homework
Expert:  Ray Atkinson replied 1 year ago.
What kind of help do you need? Ask your question, and I will answer if I am capable.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

its for biology class

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. Are Bacteria prokaryotic or eukaryotic?

2. Describe the three common shapes of bacteria.

3. Are Bacteria heterotrophic or autotrophic?

4. Do Bacteria cells have a cell wall?

5. How do bacteria reproduce?.

6. Are Archaea prokaryotic or eukaryotic?.

7. Do Archaea cells have a cell wall?

How soon do you need the answers?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ASAP

All right. I'll get right on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay thank you I have more questions that I have one hour to submit will you be able to assist

I will do everything I can.
If I cannot, I will tell you right away so another expert can help fast. Let em get the answers to these first.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

7. Do Archaea cells have a cell wall?

8. Describe the three major types of Archaea.

9. Are Protists prokaryotic or eukaryotic?

10. Explain the endosymbiotic theory.

11. How are the species algae classified (by what trait)?

12. List three protozoans and describe their means of locomotion.

Are there more than this 12? #10 and #12 will take some time to research.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes their are some questions but they are multiple choice

I have #12 done. How detailed does #10 need to be? If you just need a couple sentences, I can do that now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah that is fine can I give you the other questions?

Go for it. By the time you are done, I will have #10 typed.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The wing of a penguin and the wing of an eagle are (Points : 4) homologous structures. analogous structure. identical structures. vestigial structures. not comparable in any way.

2. Which of the following is not an example of artificial selection? (Points : 4)

different breeds of dogs: poodle, basset hound, chihuahua, great dane, etc. different varieties of roses: yellow, pink, red, thorn-less, climbing, etc. different types of tomatoes: roma, beefsteak, grape, cherry, etc. different styles of potatoes: fried, mashed, baked, etc. different breeds of cats: siamese, persian, rex, himalayan, american shorthair, etc.

3. The theory of evolution is supported by which of the following evidence: (Points : 4)

the fossil record biogeography of the distribution of organisms on Earth anatomical evidence like homologous and vestigial structures biochemical similarities among all living things all of these

4. Fitness refers to (Points : 4)

the variation in traits within the population. reproductive success. mutations that benefit an organism's survival. the physical health of an individual. the physical health of a population.

5. The fact that DNA is the molecule containing the genetic code for all life on Earth is a part of (Points : 4)

comparative anatomical evidence. comparative embryological evidence. biochemical evidence. biogeographical evidence. evidence of artificial selection.

6. When comparing chick and pig embryos, the similar eyes, pharyngeal pouches, and post-anal tails are evidence of ___________. (Points : 4)

analogy convergent evolution common ancestry biogeography artificial selection

7. If the survivors of an original population survived due to specific phenotypes that they possessed, then this event is an example of (Points : 4)

genetic drift. founder effect. industrial melanism. inheritance of acquired characteristics. natural selection.

8. Why does the malaria disease persist in the human population? (Points : 4)

Too few humans have died of malaria to end the disease. Multiple phenotypes survive in a balanced polymorphism. Malaria is a recessive disease and few humans are ever sick. Humans are protected from the malaria parasite. The disease is under stabilizing selection.

9. What might occur in moth populations if pollution from industry was cleaned up, and the color of tree bark returned to its natural color? (Points : 4)

Dark moths would continue to be the predominant phenotype. Birds would now see the dark moths easier than the lighter color moths. Dark- and light-colored moths would survive in equal numbers. Both dark and light color moths would be preyed upon equally by birds.

10. The shift in body weight of sociable weaver birds towards an intermediate body weight is an example of _____ selection(s). (Points : 4)

stabilizing directional disruptive frequent Hardy Weinberg

11. _____ is (are) the ultimate source of new variation in a population. (Points : 4)

Environmental change Mutations Selective breeding Random chance Sexual Reproduction

12. If a population recovers to its original population size after experiencing a bottleneck, which statement is correct regarding this population? (Points : 4)

The recovered population is as likely to go extinct as is the population prior to the bottleneck. The bottleneck subjected the population to directional selection. The recovered population shows less genetic diversity than the population prior to the bottleneck. The recovered population shows more genetic diversity than the population prior to the bottleneck. The recovered population is more likely to go extinct as is the population prior to the bottleneck

13. A zygote fails to undergo mitosis because of a mismatched numbers of chromosomes. This is an example of (Points : 4)

hybrid sterility. zygote mortality. prezygotic isolation. temporal isolation. allopatric speciation.

14. Which of the following is thought to have contributed to the many mass extinction events that have occurred through Earth's history? (Points : 4)

habitat loss meteorite impacts continental drift punctuated equilibrium All of the above choices except punctuated quilibrium

15. Pinus strobus is the scientific name for the white pine. Pinus is the ________. (Points : 4)

species genus binomial name family name rder name

16. Which of the following would be considered analogous structures? (Points : 4)

the forelimb of a bat and the forelimb of a horse the pelvis of a human and the pelvis of a whale the wings of a fly and the wings of a sparrow the flipper of a dolphin and the arm of a human the wings of a bird and the forelimb of a reptile

17. Which of the three domains contain prokaryotic organisms? (Points : 4)

Bacteria Archaea Eukarya Bacteria and Archaea Bacteria, Archaea, and Eukarya

18. Which of the following is not a prezygotic isolating mechanism for two species found in the same geographical location? (Points : 4)

The two species occupy different habitats. The two species are active during different parts of the day. The two species mate during different times of the year. The two species have incompatible genitalia. The two species can mate, but the offspring are sterile.

19. The punctuated equilibrium model of evolution suggests that new species appear (Points : 4)

gradually; as groups become isolated, they slowly evolve through their own individual pathway. only after older species disappear from the fossil record. suddenly after long periods of time with little to no change. gradually after long periods of time with little to no change; as groups become isolated, they slowly evolve through their own individual pathway. gradually, but over very short periods of time, so that intermediate species are often observed in the fossil record.

20. Bacteria (Points : 4)

have cell walls. reproduce primarily sexually. have many chromosomes which are enclosed in a membrane bound organelle. are eukaryotes. have a distinct nucleus.

21. Which of these is mismatched? (Points : 4)

malaria—protozoan AIDS—virus kuru—prion tetanus—bacterium food poisoning—archaea

22. Algae are commonly grouped by their type of ________. (Points : 4)

motility sexual reproduction pigment habitat feeding

23. Cyanobacteria are important producers as ________. (Points : 4)

photoautotrophs saprotrophs chemoautotrophs saproautotrophs photoheterotrophs

24. Retroviruses _____________. (Points : 4)

contain DNA contain reverse transcriptase produce RNA from DNA only invade plants include the bacteriophages.

25. Which of the following groups has at least some members with cell walls? (Points : 4)

protists only bacteria only archaea only prokaryotes only protists, bacteria, and archaea

There are too many of those that I can narrow to two or three choices, but cannot be certain of the answer. I can opt out, if you want a different expert. Let me know.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes can you please my time is going by and also it can be an expert that specializes in biology please

No trouble. Thank you for the inspiration to research what I have done. I always enjoy learning new things.
I sent your question to another expert. I wish you the best of luck.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. The wing of a penguin and the wing of an eagle are (Points : 4) homologous structures. analogous structure. identical structures. vestigial structures. not comparable in any way.

4. Fitness refers to (Points : 4)

20. Bacteria (Points : 4)

Expert:  asciandwildlifebio replied 1 year ago.

Here are your questions with answers. Please rate my answer if your are satisfied with my work! Thank you in advance :)

1. The wing of a penguin and the wing of an eagle are (Points : 4) homologous structures.

different styles of potatoes: fried, mashed, baked, etc

all of these

4. Fitness refers to (Points : 4)

reproductive success.

biochemical evidence.

common ancestry

natural selection

Multiple phenotypes survive in a balanced polymorphism.

Birds would now see the dark moths easier than the lighter color moths.

stabilizing

Mutations

The recovered population shows less genetic diversity than the population prior to the bottleneck.

zygote mortality

All of the above choices except punctuated equilibrium

genus

Bacteria and Archaea

The two species can mate, but the offspring are sterile.

suddenly after long periods of time with little to no change.

20. Bacteria (Points : 4)

have a distinct nucleus.

food poisoning—archaea

pigment

photoautotrophs

contain reverse transcriptase

protists, bacteria, and archaea

asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Experience: M.S. Bio, B.S. in Animal Science and Wildlife Biology. Comprehensive Spanish Written and Oral Skills
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

will you be able to assist me in some other questions?

I would be happy to. Please post the question(s) and I can take a look.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Will you be available @ 330 ?
3:30 in what time zone? Can you post the questions now as I am available now? Is this for a timed assignment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yeah it is ! The problem is that I don't have the questions yet eastern time zone
I won't be able to assist at that time. I will opt out so another expert can assist you. Please think of me for future assignments :) I will be available over the weekend if that helps :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What day and what time exactly will you be available for the weekend ?
I was able to clear my next assignment so that I can help you at 3:30pm eastern time today. Please be advised that with times exams I cannot guarantee 100% accuracy, but will do my best. I also would like to know the topic and number of questions that will be asked prior to starting the test.
I am available Sunday night, too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
There is 25 questions and biology
Okay. Please post them and I will complete it now. How long do I have?
Or are we doing it Sunday? :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You are not able to do it today ?

If we begin right now, yes :) I only have about an hour available.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay ill get the questions now

OK
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

By definition, a fruit is derived from the (Points : 4) archegonium. corolla. calyx. ovary. stamen.

2. _____ is the vascular tissue that conducts water and minerals from a plant's roots to its leaves. (Points : 4)

Endosperm Phloem Hypha Xylem Corolla

3. Which of these is mismatched? (Points : 4)

carpel—ovary stamen—anther calyx—stigma corolla—petal stamen—filament

4. Pollen grains are (Points : 4)

female gametophytes. embryonic sporophytes. male gametophytes. megaspores. encapsulated ovules.

5. Which of these is a fungal disease (mycosis)? (Points : 4)

wheat rust ringworm athlete's foot oral thrush All of the choices are correct.

6. While walking in the woods, you come across some low-growing plants clustered at the base of a tree. You collect one as a specimen for biology class. Upon examination in the lab, you find that the leaf-, stem-, and root-like structures contain no vascular tissue. The plant is (Points : 4)

a lycophyte. an angiosperm. a gymnosperm. a bryophyte. not a plant but a charophyte.

7. Which of the following is not a hominin? (Points : 4)

Neandertal australopithecine Homo erectus Cro-Magnon gorilla

8. Which is the largest, most diverse group of arthropods? (Points : 4)

arachnids millipedes insects crustaceans centipedes

9. Which of these is not a chordate characteristic? (Points : 4)

notochord ventral, solid nerve cord pharyngeal pouches postanal tail dorsal, tubular nerve cord

10. Egg-laying mammals are known as (Points : 4)

marsupials. ectotherms. placental mammals. monotremes. prosimians.

11. Which of these diseases is not caused by roundworms? (Points : 4)

hookworm infection pinworm infection trichinosis schistosomiasis elephantiasis

12. Which of these has radial symmetry? (Points : 4)

human planarian jellyfish roundworm turtle

13. Humans are a type of ___ mammal, having and organ that provides nutrients to the developing offspring. (Points : 4)

placental monotremes marsupials cloacal none of these

14. The openings in leaves that function to exchange gases are called (Points : 4)

cuticles. stomata. guard cells. pits. pores.

15. Which theory of water transport states that hydrogen bonding allows water molecules to maintain a continuous fluid column as water is pulled from roots to leaves? (Points : 4)

pressure flow evaporation cohesion-tension abscission fusion

16. Removing bark from a tree means that ________ are removed. (Points : 4)

phloem, cortex, cork cambium, and cork vascular cambium, phloem, cork cambium, and cork xylem, vascular cambium, and phloem cortex, cork cambium, and cork vascular cambium, cortex, cork cambium, and xylem

17. Sugars are carried throughout the plant in which tissue? (Points : 4)

cortex parenchyma xylem phloem cambium

18. A cotyledon is which of the following? (Points : 4)

embryonic root seed cover flower part a leaf-like structure on plant embryos fruit

19. Which of the following correctly describes a major difference between monocot and eudicot plants? (Points : 4)

The leaves of monocot plants have leaf veins that form a net-like pattern, while the leaves of eudicot plants have parallel leaf veins. Monocot leaves have leaf veins that form a net-like pattern, and their flower parts occur in multiples of 3; eudicot leaves have parallel leaf veins, and their flower parts occur in multiples of 4 or 5. Monocot leaves have parallel leaf veins, and their flower parts occur in multiples of 4 or 5; eudicot leaves have leaf veins that form a net-like pattern, and their flower parts occur in multiples of 3. Monocot flower parts occur in multiples of 4 or 5, while eudicot flower parts occur in multiples of 3. Monocot leaves have parallel leaf veins, while the leaf veins of a eudicot plant form a net-like pattern.

20. The endosperm of a plant (Points : 4)

forms the food supply for the new sporophyte plant. is composed of haploid tissue. protects the young embryo within a seed. provides a connection between the ovary of a flower and a developing seed. is produced asexually.

21. Plants undergo an alternation of generations. The _______ produces spores, which develop into the ______. (Points : 4)

sporophyte; gametophyte gametophyte; sporophyte sporophyte; seeds flowers; gametophyte sporophyte; flowers

22. Which of the following is not a function of the flower in an angiosperm? (Points : 4)

producing fruit protection of the gametophyte attracting pollinators producing spores supporting the plant

23. Plant growth in response to an environmental stimulus is called (Points : 4)

apical dominance. a tropism. senescence. a photoperiod. dormancy.

24. Double fertilization in plants is the union of (Points : 4)

two eggs and one sperm. two sperm and one egg. two sperm and two eggs. one sperm to one egg and one sperm to the endosperm. one sperm to the egg and one sperm to the egg nucleus.

25. The male part of a flower is the (Points : 4)

carpel. stamen. petal. sepal. receptacle.

By definition, a fruit is derived from the (Points : 4). ovary.

Phloem

calyx—stigma

4. Pollen grains are (Points : 4)

.male gametophytes.

All of the choices are correct.

not a plant but a charophyte.

gorilla

insects

solid nerve

monotremes.

schistosomiasis

jellyfish

placental

stomata.

cohesion-tension

phloem, cortex, cork cambium, and cork

phloem

leaf-like structure on plant embryos

Monocot leaves have parallel leaf veins, while the leaf veins of a eudicot plant form a net-like pattern.

protects the young embryo within a seed.

sporophyte; gametophyte

supporting the plant

. a tropism.

one sperm to the egg and one sperm to the egg nucleus.

stamen

Phloem

calyx—stigma

4. Pollen grains are (Points : 4)

.male gametophytes

All of the choices are correct.

not a plant but a charophyte.

gorilla

insects

solid nerve

monotremes.

schistosomiasis

jellyfish

placental

stomata.

cohesion-tension

phloem, cortex, cork cambium, and cork

phloem

leaf-like structure on plant embryos

Monocot leaves have parallel leaf veins, while the leaf veins of a eudicot plant form a net-like pattern

sporophyte; gametophyte

supporting the plant

. a tropism.

stamen

asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Hello! I see you viewed the answer, and I hope the exam was a success! If so, please go ahead and rate my answer. A bonus is always appreciated. Many thanks :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. Differentiate between primary and secondary growth as seen in plants.

2. Describe the function of roots in plants.

3. Describe how water and other molecules are transported throughout the plant.

4. Name and describe the function of the plant hormones discussed.

5. Differentiate between sexual and asexual reproduction in plants.

Hello! I would be glad to answer these questions. Please rate my previous answer and also tell me how long each of these questions need to be and when they are due. Then, I can get started :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay I will rate them now thank you ! I have an hour in a half for these questions but they have to a min of 2-3 sentences the assignment is due today

Okay...working on it now...please rate that previous answer in the mean time. Talk to you in about an hour :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay thank you I just rated the previous one

Please rate my answer. A bonus is very much appreciated!

Primary growth in the roots is simple as it does not contain leaves. Primary roots are composed of 3 primary meristems, a central cylinder of vascular tissue, stele, cortex and epidermis. Secondary growth usually contains the majority of plant volume and helps support the plant through its root structure. Secondary tissues are composed of lateral meristems, vascular cambium, and at least one cork cambia.

Roots help plants in four ways: absorption, conduction, storage and anchorage. Absorption allows plants to intake water and minerals from the soil for nutrition. Conduction allows these nutrients as well as sunlight to be circulated through the plant and utilized efficiently. Storage allows for plants to save energy in the form of glucose for later use. Anchorage allows for plants to maintain their structure and gives support so that plants do not bend (aside from tropism).

Water molecules move through a plant using cohesion and adhesion. Xylem is found in columns and using normal air pressure, water can be forced up these xylem columns. The water does not fall back down the xylem because the molecules stick to the walls of the xylem by adhesion and to one another using cohesion. Water then moves to the root hair cells via osmosis.

There are five kinds of plant hormones: auxins, cytokinins, gibberellins, ethylene, and abscic acid.

Auxin has many functions but some of its primary function includes promoting fruit grown and initiation and growth of adventitious roots in cuttings. It can also activate differentiation of vascular tissues and cellular elongation.

Cytokinins are involved in cell division. They have the ability to promote cotyledon growth or slow leaf growth.

Gibberellins control stem growth (elongation) through cell division. They can be found in the xylem and phloem.

Ethylene promotes fruit ripening and initiates fruit and leaf abscission. It also can in part determine the sex of the flower, such that buds with lots of ethylene produce carpels.

Abscisic acid inhibits cell growth and can cause stomatas to close.

Asexual and sexual reproduction both occurs in plants and as one can assume are quite different. The number of parents in asexual reproduction is one, whereas in sexual reproduction it is two. In asexual reproduction, offspring are genetically identical to the parent, whereas in sexual reproduction, there is genetic recombination and the offspring are genetically distinct from the parents. Asexual reproduction has normal cell division following nuclear division via mitosis, where as sexual reproduction has special cell division following meiosis, which produces gametes, and then cell division occurs again. Usually asexual reproduction is best when growth is necessary, where as sexual reproduction is best when genetic diversity is needed. Asexual reproduction occurs quickly as compared to sexual reproduction, but it can lead to disease from inbreeding and/or genetic diversity loss.

asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Hello! I hope you found my answer helpful! Please let me know :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

hello I need your assistance can you help

Probably! Would you please rate my previous answer prior to posting the new question? Thank you :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, is there a way we can unite them together ?

I prefer not too, if that is okay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

the problem is that it is becoming a bit expensive I don't know if you can understand

I do understand, but unfortunately this is an income for me. Maybe after rating this answer, you could post a new question with a new value. If you request me, I can look at it and if I cannot do it, I can refer it to another expert! :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay I will be rating it now and ill post the new questions
Great.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay I just rated your last post can we begin ?

Sure. Post it as a whole new question, so, start a separate question/post, and request me.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Am not sure how to do that can I just post it here ill rate this one again
That is fine. Please post the details of the assignment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Webliography Assignment

The Transport Systems

Examine the site thoroughly to make sure that it discusses this topic at some depth, and that it is not too advanced for the course. Generally, if you can’t find most of the terminology used on the website in your textbook, the site content is beyond the scope of this course. Follow the directions for posting the site on the Webliography Page given in the HOW TO: Webliography section of the Course Home.

Do not use any of the following as entries for the Webliography:

• Encyclopedia Articles

• Course Descriptions

• Sites posted by elementary and high school classes

• Sites designed to "sell" you on a religious view, a philosophy or a product

• Sites already posted by another student or by me (if the root web address is the same, don't use it).

• Religious or philosophical site

While you are looking at the site, copy the exact location given at the top of your page. It begins with http://. Make sure you copy every dot, underline, etc. in the URL (the easiest way to do this is to highlight the URL, right click, and choose "copy" from the drop-down menu. Also write down the name of the site, the author's name if you can find it, and the last date updated if available.

Next, go back to the Webliography Page. Click on "add entry". This will open some boxes for you to type in. The title box is where you should type the name of the site (not Week # XXXXX Webliography). Then choose a category from the drop down list (chapters 21-28 Do not use general.) using the down arrow indicated in the picture above. The next box to fill in is the Web Address (URL)...that is the location. Type in the exact location of the site. It must begin http:// (if you cut and paste, be sure to delete the http:// already in the box) In the larger box below labeled "Brief Description", type a description of the site you visited (150 word count minimum). Please check your spelling before you finish this. Enter the author of the site and the last date modified in the boxes below (if you could find them). Click the button at the bottom to submit the entry. Check your entry after posting to make sure it works.

You may not post a site with the same root address as found in an existing entry. You can check to see if anyone else has already posted a site by plugging the root web address into the search box for the Webliography page and clicking "Go". Duplicates will be deleted. Do not just pick the first site that pops up. Scan through several before making your choice.

What Transport Systems are you looking to use in this answer? When is this answer due?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Anything in general it's due tomorrow by mid day and then I have the set of questions that is timed will you be available tomorrow ?
I can get it to you by noon CST. I'll find a website that covers the circulatory system. And, yes I will be available tomorrow. Thank you for working with me :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you talk to you tomorrow

Title Name: Circulatory System

Web Address: http://hes.ucfsd.org/gclaypo/circulatorysys.html#What%20is%20the%20job%20of%20the%20Circulat

Author of Site: Hillendale Health

Last Updated: No date

Description of site: This website provides information about the role of the circulatory system in human function. It breaks the circulatory systems down into small pieces of knowledge by describing the parts of the system, heart, and blood first separate, then together. It also provides basic diagrams, animation, and a match game to learn the listed vocabulary. While some sites have more sophisticated interfaces, this one is simple. The large font and easy breakdown of information were more helpful in my understanding of the circulatory system than sites which were more complexly designed, such that they were focused more so on aesthetics than content. The ‘amazing facts’ section was interesting and I think provided information that would be considered an ‘attention grabber’ if one had to write an essay about the circulatory system. The fact that this site had a ‘words to know’ box and a quiz to test my knowledge were really useful and constructive in my learning process.

asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can we do the other assignment it is timed

Sure, I will be online for awhile now. Please rate the previous answer before we get started on the next. Also, what is the topic for the timed assignment?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I can't rate the previous assignment till tomorrow can we still do it ?
That's fine.
Are you posting the questions now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yeah Is that okay?

Yes. How long do I have?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

one hour and it is biology

Alright! Lets do it :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

1. ______carry signals to the cell body of a neuron while ______carry signals away from the cell body. (Points : 4) Neuroglia; dendrites Axons; dendrites Intercalated disks; neuroglia Dendrites; axons Dendrites; neuroglia

2. Which of the following is not true about epithelial tissue? (Points : 4)

covers body surfaces generally one cell layer thick stores energy allows for gas exchange in the lungs contains cube shaped cells.

3. Which of the following statements is correct about the function of the pulmonary circulatory system? (Points : 4)

The pulmonary system is responsible for adding oxygen and removing carbon dioxide from the red blood cells. The pulmonary system is responsible for adding carbon dioxide and removing oxygen from the red blood cells. The pulmonary system is responsible for adding carbon dioxide and removing oxygen from the red blood cells. The pulmonary system is responsible for adding oxygen and removing carbon dioxide from the white blood cells. The pulmonary system is responsible for adding oxygen and removing carbon dioxide from the platelets.

4. The pulmonary circuit in a closed system functions in (Points : 4)

nutrient absorption from the intestine gas exchange in the lungs waste disposal in the kidneys creating proper blood pressure distribution of nutrients to the body tissues

5. A lower than normal level of ______ can result in a decreased clotting time. (Points : 4)

platelets basophils neutrophils erythrocytes lymphocytes

6. The sites of gas exchange in the lungs are the ____. (Points : 4)

bronchioles alveoli bronchi integument pharynx

7. Without villi, a person would not be able to (Points : 4)

produce vitamin K absorb enough nutrients produce pepsin swallow food produces feces

8. Hair within the nose and cilia lining the respiratory tract (Points : 4)

moistens the air before it enters the lungs. prevents particles from entering the lungs. helps oxygen move into the lungs. helps carbon dioxide leave the lungs. helps carbon dioxide move into the lungs.

9. Humans are omnivores as shown by the type of (Points : 4)

enzymes secreted in saliva. urine they produce. teeth they have. taste buds they have. enzymes secreted in the intestines.

10. Proteins must be ingested in order to obtain (Points : 4)

necessary trans fats. essential amino acids. essential cholesterol. needed minerals such as potassium and magnesium. needed vitamins such as vitamin C.

11. Energy needs are supplied by (Points : 4)

carbohydrates, lipids, and proteins micronutrients antioxidants fiber essential amino acids.

12. Which of the following minerals is typically over-consumed by Americans? (Points : 4)

sodium potassium iron cholesterol calcium

13. Which of the following is not a lymphatic organ? (Points : 4)

thymus spleen pancreas bone marrow lymph node

14. ______cells are non-specific, destroying cells which do not exhibit "self" proteins. (Points : 4)

Complement Mast Natural Killer Helper T Plasma

15. T-lymphocytes mature in the ______. (Points : 4)

thyroid gland bone marrow thymus spleen blood

16. Which of these does not belong to the limbic system? (Points : 4)

thalamus amygdala hypothalamus hippocampus cerebellum

17. Which type of neuron is completely contained within the CNS? (Points : 4)

sensory neuron motor neuron autonomic neuron interneuron sympathetic neuron

18. Transmission across the synaptic cleft is accomplished by chemical signals called (Points : 4)

hormones. exocrine secretions. enzymes. stimulants. neurotransmitters.

19. Bony fishes can detect other fishes thanks to their (Points : 4)

gravitational equilibrium. statocysts. lateral line system. rotational equilibrium. compound eyes.

20. The colored part of the eye is the (Points : 4)

pupil. cornea. iris. retina. sclera.

21. The sensory receptors found in skeletal muscles and joints are (Points : 4)

hair cells otoliths rods cutaneous receptors proprioceptors

22. How does follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH) affect the male reproductive system? (Points : 4)

promotes testosterone production causes erection promotes spermatogenesis triggers ejaculation stimulates ovulation

23. Which stage do the three germ layers form? (Points : 4)

gastrula blastocyst neurula morula 8-cell stage

24. The inner lining of the uterus is the (Points : 4)

cervix. endometrium. placenta. limbria. chorion.

25. The embryo (and later the fetus) is connected to the placenta by the (Points : 4)

umbilical cord placental tube somite chorionic villi vas deferens
Be back in under an hour :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay thank you we have 54 mins left

1. ______carry signals to the cell body of a neuron while ______carry signals away from the cell body. (Points : 4) Dendrites; axons

2. Which of the following is not true about epithelial tissue? (Points : 4)contains cube shaped cells.

3. Which of the following statements is correct about the function of the pulmonary circulatory system? (Points : 4)The pulmonary system is responsible for adding oxygen and removing carbon dioxide from the red blood cells

4. The pulmonary circuit in a closed system functions in (Points : 4)gas exchange in the lungs

platelets

alveoli

7. Without villi, a person would not be able to (Points : 4) absorb enough nutrients

prevents particles from entering the lungs.

enzymes secreted in the intestines.

essential amino acids.

11. Energy needs are supplied by (Points : 4) carbohydrates

12. Which of the following minerals is typically over-consumed by Americans? (Points : 4)sodium

13. Which of the following is not a lymphatic organ? (Points : 4) bone marrow

Natural Killer

15. T-lymphocytes mature in the ______. (Points : 4 thymus

16. Which of these does not belong to the limbic system? (Points : 4)cerebellum

17. Which type of neuron is completely contained within the CNS? (Points : 4) interneuron

18. Transmission across the synaptic cleft is accomplished by chemical signals called (Points : 4) neurotransmitters.

19. Bony fishes can detect other fishes thanks to their (Points : 4) rotational equilibrium.

20. The colored part of the eye is the (Points : 4)iris.

21. The sensory receptors found in skeletal muscles and joints are (Points : 4) proprioceptors

promotes spermatogenesis

23. Which stage do the three germ layers form? (Points : 4)gastrula

24. The inner lining of the uterus is the (Points : 4)endometrium.

25. The embryo (and later the fetus) is connected to the placenta by the (Points : 4) umbilical cord

asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Hey there! How are you doing? I hope you found my answers helpful and delivered in a timely fashion :) Please let me know if this is the case :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

YES THANK I need your assistance again are you available ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Control of Beach Erosion. First read though the information presented on page 653 (Chapter 32) and consider the following questions when writing your Bioethical Essay. Should private property owners on beaches be encouraged or forced (mandated) to remove physical barriers like Public parks have? If so, should the private property owners be compensated for the loss of beach that will occur as result of natural erosion? Should incentives (local, state and/or federal) be put in place to encourage the planting of native vegetation to reduce erosion? [Cite at least one reference in your essay response.]

Hello! If you could please rate my previous answer, I would appreciate it! Then I can get started on the next assignment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just rated your response sorry for the delay

Hello! I see you have rated the last multiple choice assignment, but have not yet rated the transport systems assignment! Please do so before we begin your beach erosion assignment.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes I just rated it and I was charged on my card.

You rated and were charged for the multiple choice questions. Thank you!! You still did not accept/rate the transport systems question, as it shows on my screen that it has not been rated.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay sorry for the confusion I rated it
I'm really sorry to hassle you, but you did not rate it. You have to 'accept' the answer on the answer post. I am referring to the transport systems answer I provided you.
You got it! Thank you. Okay, if you could please provide me with the details of the next assignment (due date, word length, etc.), that would be great :)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Word length 300 words due date tonight before midnight! Will you be available tonight for another assignment it's the multiple choice again ?
I can complete the essay now, but the multiple choice would have to wait until tomorrow tonight. Is that possible?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sure that is fine at what time would you be available exactly ?
9pm eastern time.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay perfect then tomorrow at 9pm we will due the other assignment

Beach erosion is the process in which the beach is worn away naturally through tidal inundation or artificially by anthropogenic development. Tidal inundation can naturally change the shape and width of coastline, while anthropogenic development can alter where tidal inundation ends by removing rooted plants that serve as a natural protective barrier against tidal flooding. After reading the information presented in chapter 32, I believe that new private property owners on beaches should be mandated to not have any physical barriers and that current property owners on beaches should be encouraged to remove physical barriers that are further from the tideline and those close to the tideline should be mandated to remove the physical barriers. Thus current owners should be grandfathered into the new laws. Private property owners should not be compensated for the loss of beach that will occur as a result of natural erosion. These owners should have been aware when purchasing their property the natural risks that can occur with owning a beachfront home, and should understand that compensation for losing beach property does not fall upon a business or county and is just natural. Hence, a particular group cannot give financial compensation. I do believe that incentives at the local, state, and federal level should be put in place to encourage the planting of native vegetation to reduce erosion. If incentives are provided, then people are more likely to plant foliage that could help increase beach width and reduce erosion risk. By providing incentives, owners are more likely to invest in recreating dune lines, which will help secure their property investments, too. It is critical that coastal communities understand the risk of building on and close by to beaches, and that they start to mitigate previous development issues, and better plan future development that better follows a mission of safety, conservation, and sustainability.

Reference:

Jack, E. ND. Coastal erosion and the ban on hard structures. The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. Retrieved on April 27, 2013 from http://www.learnnc.org/lp/editions/nchist-recent/6374

If you are satisfied with my answer, please rate it, if now, please speak to me first, so I can improve your satisfaction.
asciandwildlifebio, Graduate Student
Hello! Please rate my previous answer prior to us beginning your timed assignment. If you would like to begin earlier than 9PM EST, please let me know as I am available.
Thank you for your prompt payment! Would you like to begin the multiple choice exam now?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Give me 30 mins please
Okay.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay am ready this assignment has two parts and only have 1 hour to complete it

Can you please explain what the 2 parts are, prior to starting please?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they are multiple choice like the previous ones about biology

Is it still 25 questions?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

No its 35

Okay. Lets get started.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In a particular area where the annual death rate is 35 per 1000 individuals and the annual birth rate is 15, population growth would be (Points : 4) -20% -2% 0% 2% 20%

2. In a population of locusts, there are 5,000 individuals and the per capita rate of increase is 10% per month. How many locusts will there be after 3 months? (Points : 4)

5,500 6,000 6,050 6,500 6,655

3. The growth of equilibrium populations is regulated by density-dependent effects. (Points : 4)

True False

4. Compared to the LDCs, the MDCs account for 90% of the hazardous waste production on the planet. (Points : 4)

True False

5. Which of the following is the correct order of biological organization from largest to smallest? (Points : 4)

community-->ecosystem-->biosphere-->population-->organism organism-->population-->community-->ecosystem-->biosphere ecosystem-->biosphere-->population-->community-->organism biosphere-->population-->community-->ecosystem-->organism biosphere-->ecosystem-->community-->population-->organism

6. The environmental impact (E.I.) of a population is a function of population size and __________. (Points : 4)

resource consumption. geographic distribution. mean age of the population. populations of other species in the area. availability of water.

7. An organism which produces many offspring has a much lower biotic potential. (Points : 4)

True False

8. Which of the following is characteristic of an opportunistic population? (Points : 4)

The individuals are small in size. The individuals have long life span. The individuals are large in size. The population exhibits logistic growth. The population size is close to the carrying capacity.

9. The term ______________ is used to describe the various species and the relative abundance of each in a community. (Points : 4)

diversity ecosystem species richness biosphere coexistence

10. Which of the following is an incorrect association? (Points : 4)

trophic level-->level of nourishment within a food chain sedimentary cycle-->chemical absorbed from soil and eventually returned to soil food chain-->a diagram showing a single path of energy flow in an ecosystem ecological pyramid-->energy gain between trophic levels grazing food web-->begins with plants

11. A keystone species is a particular species in a community that competes with all other species in that community for nutrients. (Points : 4)

True False

12. Which of the following biomes has the higher primary productivity? (Points : 4)

temperate grassland desert temperate deciduous forest coral reef sandy beach

13. Which of the following is an incorrect association regarding interactions within communities? (Points : 4)

habitat-->area of community where a particular species lives parasitism-->one species obtains nutrients from another mutualism --> relationship benefits both species commensalism --> one species benefits and one species is harmed by the relationship predation --> one species feeds on another

14. The process whereby nitrogen gas from the atmosphere is converted into ammonium is called nitrogen fixation. (Points : 4)

True False

15. The competitive exclusion principle states that (Points : 4)

all species compete with all others in any defined community. survival of the fittest" is the prevailing phenomenon in any niche. no two species can occupy the same niche at the same time. all species limit the populations of all other species in a community. as species evolve, they become more competitive.

16. Which of the following is an incorrect statement? (Points : 4)

Decomposers are plants that live on dead organic matter. Autotrophs are called producers because they produce food. Herbivores eat algae or plant material. Detritus includes both living and non-living material. Chemoautotrophs obtain energy from inorganic compounds.

17. Most "green revolution" plants require relatively little fertilizer and pesticides. (Points : 4)

True False

18. The percentage of the human population that lives within 100 km of a coastline is at least (Points : 4)

10% 20% 40% 60% 80%

19. Today's society is a sustainable society. (Points : 4)

True False

20. A natural water reservoir just below the surface of the Earth is called a/an (Points : 4)

aquifer. hydroreservoir. equilibrium subsidence. natural dam. none of these

21. Most terrestrial organisms can live in a salty environment. (Points : 4)

True False

22. Scientists predict that the atmospheric ozone shield will recover from the damage wrought by chlorofluorocarbons. (Points : 4)

True False

23. Aquaculture is a practice designed to decrease the amount of water used in irrigating crops. (Points : 4)

True False

24. All of the following are indirect values of biodiversity to humans except _______. (Points : 4)

waste disposal provision of fresh water medicinal value prevention of soil erosion ecotourism

25. Desertification is often caused by (Points : 4)

rising temperature. irrigation. logging. melting of the polar ice caps. overgrazing.

Time Remaining:

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Please post the remaining questions immediately as time is running out.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

they are separate can you provide with the ones I gave you first please 30 mins left

Okay. I put the answers above. Here they are again, but please rate the above post. Also, I need to run an errand, so we can take part 2, when I return.Here are your answers: In a particular area where the annual death rate is 35 per 1000 individuals and the annual birth rate is 15, population growth would be (Points : 4) 2% 2. In a population of locusts, there are 5,000 individuals and the per capita rate of increase is 10% per month. How many locusts will there be after 3 months? (Points : 4)6,6553. The growth of equilibrium populations is regulated by density-dependent effects. (Points : 4) False4. Compared to the LDCs, the MDCs account for 90% of the hazardous waste production on the planet. (Points : 4)True5. Which of the following is the correct order of biological organization from largest to smallest? (Points : 4)biosphere-->ecosystem-->community-->population-->organism6. The environmental impact (E.I.) of a population is a function of population size and __________. (Points : 4)resource consumption. 7. An organism which produces many offspring has a much lower biotic potential. (Points : 4) False8. Which of the following is characteristic of an opportunistic population? (Points : 4)The individuals are small in size. 9. The term ______________ is used to describe the various species and the relative abundance of each in a community. (Points : 4)species richness 10. Which of the following is an incorrect association? (Points : 4)sedimentary cycle-->chemical absorbed from soil and eventually returned to soil 11. A keystone species is a particular species in a community that competes with all other species in that community for nutrients. (Points : 4) False12. Which of the following biomes has the higher primary productivity? (Points : 4)temperate deciduous forest 13. Which of the following is an incorrect association regarding interactions within communities? (Points : 4)commensalism --> one species benefits and one species is harmed by the 14. The process whereby nitrogen gas from the atmosphere is converted into ammonium is called nitrogen fixation. (Points : 4) True15. The competitive exclusion principle states that (Points : 4)no two species can occupy the same niche at the same time. 16. Which of the following is an incorrect statement? (Points : 4)Decomposers are plants that live on dead organic matter. 17. Most "green revolution" plants require relatively little fertilizer and pesticides. (Points : 4) False18. The percentage of the human population that lives within 100 km of a coastline is at least (Points : 4)40% 19. Today's society is a sustainable society. (Points : 4) False20. A natural water reservoir just below the surface of the Earth is called a/an (Points : 4)aquifer. 21. Most terrestrial organisms can live in a salty environment. (Points : 4) False22. Scientists predict that the atmospheric ozone shield will recover from the damage wrought by chlorofluorocarbons. (Points : 4) False23. Aquaculture is a practice designed to decrease the amount of water used in irrigating crops. (Points : 4) False24. All of the following are indirect values of biodiversity to humans except _______. (Points : 4)waste disposal 25. Desertification is often caused by (Points : 4)rising overgrazing.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Okay but please before 11pm
I am back :) I can begin now, or as soon as you're ready.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

are you available now?

I see you contacted me after 11PM EST. I had gone offline as I thought you did not want to work on it after 11PM EST. We can find a mutually agreeable time to work on it tonight, if you would like :)
Hey,Sorry if there has been any confusion. Please let me know if I can help you with the remaining portion of your test :)
Hello! I hope you are doing okay. Did your last exam turn out okay?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
HELLO, sorry took so long to reply the last test did not go to well unfortunately however I need your assistance in my psychology class can you help me?