Alex
Alex, Engineer
Experience:  BS in Business Administration with a major in MIS. 15+ years experience in software design and development.
50749495

Hi Alex, homework question for you: Why do you think people

Hi Alex, homework question for you: Why do you think people are relutant to confront illegal drug use in families or the workplace? This Question needs 300 words and is due by Wednesday.
No problem. Will have it for you late tonight.

Thanks
Alex
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks Alex maybe you can grab the other one posted above this one

I don't see that. Can you send the link here?
Here is the answer with 318 words:

http://ge.tt/1nmXVLd/v/0?c
DrugUse.doc

After rating this one let me know if you have the link for the other question.

Thanks
Alex
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Alex, I am unable to retrieve this doc. please send to me in regular format so I can print it out.

Sorry, always forget you can't get to that site. Here you are:

People are reluctant to confront illegal drug use in families and the workplace for a variety of reasons. In terms of family confronting someone is difficult as they may perceive your actions as being authoritarian or may feel that you are trying to tell them how to live their lives. This can make for a very difficult conversation that most people just simply don't want to confront as it may lead to a long term conflict. Being that the person is in the family this could place undo tension that may exist for quite some time. In addition, the person in the family who is using the illegal drugs may not feel that their use is illegal or inappropriate and likely wouldn't appreciate someone attempting to change their mind on the subject. As is the case in some states some illegal drugs like marijuana are being legalized as the majority of people feel that the use of such drugs is no different than other drugs like caffeine or nicotine which are widely accepted.
When it comes to the workplace people are not likely to confront illegal drug use simply because of the fact that it could backfire on them and make the working relationship difficult. No where is this more apparent than if a superior was illegally using drugs. Approaching that superior could potentially lead to retribution or other problems in terms of future career growth if the person being approached doesn't accept the problem and deal with it. The other issue with work related drug use is the fact that people you work with aren't family and if they decide to waste their lives on illegal drugs that is their own decision to make and as such there's little reason to interfere with the situation. Also, in the workplace it's more unlikely that saying something will change the situation as the person confronting them is not family.

Thanks
Alex
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Other is HS100

That question is locked so I can't see it. Can you post the details here?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I guess that is because I signed up for that premium program they offered on here for a month or so. So I don't know what effect it has on my questions.

Ok, didn't realize that. You can post it here if you still need it.

Thanks
Alex
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Alex, here it is: Question 300 words needed-due by Thursday
What drugs are commonly abused? What affects do the drugs have on the individuals abusing them.

Sure, no problem.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.