TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

**For The Doctor** I am sending the new file

Category: Homework
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me.

It appears that you have opened a new account. Have we worked together before?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes last week and we need to continue with a new task. Send me link to send you the attachments.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
You can send me attachments by uploading them to http://ge.tt

Once uploaded, you will be given a link on the right. Click on the 'Copy Link' option and then paste it here.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://ge.tt/2aR35Fd?c

I am writing the message again. I found the window that you send me is this one. I sent you a file with the a copy the project that I need to continue working for this weekend. If do not mind please work within it. I do not want to mess it up making changes. I live in Atlanta and should not use information out my area. If we need addresses in order to do the HW let me know and I will give you that information. The attachment has 2 HW, just let me know how do you want to get paid separate or all together like we did the last time.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

I can do the continued work on the Apartments project. But I don't know about the LDAP lab. That requires that you connect to your schools servers and I don't have any of the information required to actually do what the project wants done.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just help me with #1 #2 and the last part where it says "create form2.php from form1.php.... if you need to include in your coding a password XXXXX write "password" and for username use rgomez. The other details I think I can do it myself.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Creating he forms is easy. But I won't be able to test them at all. See this part:

$ad = ldap_connect("ldap://192.168.70.60") or die("Couldn't connect to CSENET.");

You see where it has 192.168.70.60

That is an internal IP address. So they are requiring that you are connected to the schools network through whatever protocol they have given you to do so: VPN? WebDav?

So I won't be able to test if the function.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

It is ok. I test them and hopefully they will work. I take the chance.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Alright. I will contact you once everything is ready.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I will assume that your tables are EXACTLY as I provided them to you. Otherwise, the code that I am going to give you will break and a bunch of fatal errors will show up.

Why are you calling the tables offer1 and request1 instead of just offer and request? The tables I sent you were called offer and request. Is there a purpose to the 1?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok now it is fixed, they merged the accounts. Going back to business. Yes, I did change the name of the tables to offer1 and request1 and the database is the same mlopez..

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Alright,

By when is this required?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Tomorrow by 11:00PM

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,

I will contact you once everything is complete.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

http://ge.tt/9o47rLd/v/0?c

We will need this file for #2 in the LDAP Lab

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
These two questions have absolutely nothing to do with each other whatsoever, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The testldap file that I sent you is for the question #2 in lab LDAP. Question #1 and #2 are related in LDAP Lab homework.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Yes, but the LDAP lab has nothing to do with the Apartment Rental Database/PHP site, correct?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Question 1 and 2 at this point has nothing to do with the Apartment Project.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

In the future, please keep unrelated assignments in different questions. The only reason you did not receive the Apartment question update hours ago is because you added the ldap assignment.

I will send you want I have for the LDAP assignment, but I cannot guarantee that it will work. As far as the apartment project goes or the database goes, I am a certified professional. Literally, I am a Zend Certified Engineer with many years of experience.

LDAP is a network administration thing, and I know nothing about it. So installing OpenLDAP and testing these scripts is beyond my expertise. I'm certain that you probably received or have access to exhaustive instructions through your course about setting up your localhost for Open LDAP. But I don't have those and setting up an LDAP server on your computer is not a programming task or a task that most programmers would be familiar with. It it is a task usually handled by network/system administrators. And that is not my expertise whatsoever.

So, I'm just saying. I did not successfully get LDAP set up on my computer and could not test these scripts. As far as part two goes, you are not correct about needing that script. The code that you need was provided in the word document that you sent me. It uses an LDAP server on your school's network, which is the jist of #2. Also, the point of this is to pass the username and password XXXXX from a form. I have successfully created those forms for you, but, again, I have not tested. Honestly, I would never take on a question concerning LDAP, but you bundled it with a project I was already working with you on.

Here are the files for that one. I don't know if you have OpenLDAP successfully installed on your computer or not. But without the instructions that are undoubtedly provided through your course, it is a massive pain (it is probably a massive pain with the instructions too). Oh, and LDAP functions will not work in WAMP unless you do a bunch of stuff to get it to work. Simply turning onthe module will not work. You have to move some DLL files around. But perhaps you run everything on your school server and are not expected to run your own LDAP server and worry about all the things that i had to worry about. In which case, it is another reason why I cannot test this.

Now for the Apartment assignment, which is a subject in which I am an actual expert (Database-driven web applications). You can download the updated site here:

Within the zip file, you will find a file called alter.sql. You need to run these alter statements in your database. I mad these changes so that it would be easier to display the data on the web site.

Within the files, open up Database.class.php

At the top, you will find four constant definitions. These are your database connection parameters. You can see that it currently is set up to use localhost, a user name of root, and no password. If your system uses different credentials, then change them here. You should not change anything else in this file.

The one comment about the email address field being highlighted red is simply silly. That functionality is part of the browser, not your validation code. That filed is an HTML5 email field. IE will turn it red. If your instructor does not like receiving a red box with no message, he should contact Microsoft and complain about their implementation of HTML5. If you attempt to submit the form with a bad email address, a message is displayed.

Per the requirements, you can view all offered apartments and requested apartments. This is all assuming that your database is set up correctly. If not, the page will throw errors and you can let me know so that we can work it out.

Let me know if you have any questions about any of the Apartment project functionality. I would be happy to explain anything.

I apologize that I couldn't be more help with the LDAP assignment, but I never work woth LDAP. I've worked with dozens of programmers, and not one of them has ever worked with LDAP. I would have opted out of the assignment had it not been bundled with the apartment project that you and I have been working on together. I hope the files work for you, but I certainly wouldn't take my word for it. I hope you understand.

I do believe that your instructor will be impressed with your PHP database implementation. I'm certain he will come up with some unnecessary criticism, as he apears to enjoy that. But you should receive a good grade nonetheless.

Please remember to rate my answer, at least based on the work done for the apartment project. You may come back here and asked follow up questions at any time, before or after leaving a rating.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX open the attachments later. I just got up. I worked on the ldap hw all night. I really appreciated all your help. I will rate later in order to pay you extra. I do not want to mess that part after all your effort in helping me.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

In alter.sql you added trans in the request1 table but I already have this item in mine. I noticed it the last time and added last week. So now should I delete that statement and add ALTER TABLE request1 CHANGE trans trans ENUM('No','Yes') NOT NULL DEFAULT 'No';

Excuse my ignorance, but how do I run this file on my cmd?

I just gave a bonus make sure that you get it.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I received your payments. Thank you so much for your generosity.

You are absolutely correct about that SQL statement. That is exactly what you would do.

In a text editor, you could type each statement in. Technically, you could run the script as a file, but you had issues with that last time.

You could also use phpMyAdmin or MySQL workbench so that you do not have to mess around with command line. With either phpMyAdmin or MySQL Workbench, you could very easily run all commands at once.

Your instructor would never know that you used either. It leaves no traces of what you used.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I do have phpmyadmin or mysql workbench installed. So, I guess I have to enter each statement through cmd one by one. Am I correct?

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
If you have either WAMP or XAMPP installed, then you have phpMyAdmin installed. Just go to localhost/phpmyadmin

MySQL Workbench is extremely easy to download and install.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Can I change the date format from '0000-00-00' to '00-00-0000' I tested and it runs but when I entered the dates in this format 04/15/2013 and it passed but in the offering results it shows 0000-00-00.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
You cannot actually change the date format. YYYY-MM-DD is the ISO-Standard date format and is what MySQL uses. When you attempt to insert a date into MySQL in a different format, it is not successful. Note that in Chrome, those fields are date fields and it works regardless. There is also a calendar drop down.
To allow you to enter the date in either format, please download the following three files:

Attachment: 2013-04-07_213204_files.zip

Replace the files that you have with these.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The prof wants to know why I used database.class.php I need to reply in 15 minutes I think I have the answer but wanted to make sure

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.

I apologize. I just now logged on.

This was used to keep all database functionality in a single place, allow it to be reused when needed throughout any file in the system, and to encapsulate the database functionality. It is considered best practice. In contrast, placing database connections and functionality in many different files throughout a system is extremely sloppy and completely unacceptable in the real world.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I wrote something similar to him. I talk to you soon for the next task.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Let me know when you are back I have two new task one is very simple and other other one is to finish up the apartment project.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

You may enter your new question here.

Please remember to start your question with **For TheDoctor**