Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

This is urgent. I need to find the no and percentage of Italians

Customer Question

This is urgent. I need to find the no and percentage of Italians residing in Australia. You gave me a website with an answer and I am unable to answer the question or access the web page so can you please send it to me again? Thanks you
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is Greg. It looks like your other expert is offline and this information is urgent so I am going to help as much as I can for you.

The most recent data is from the 2011 census as the 2012 data has not been released yet.

According to the official census data from Australia, the number of Australian that are of Italian descent is 916,121 or 3.3% of the population as compared to 852,421 or 3.3% of the population in 2006 census data. The numbers are not changing too much although with a higher population of Asian descent coming into Australia, this will begin to lower, in percentage, over time.

Of the population that was actually BORN in Italy and now reside in Australia (as opposed to ancestry numbers above), that would be 185,402 or .9% of the population (per 2011 census data). I am not sure which number you require (ancestry of 3.3% or born in Italy of .9%)

http://www.censusdata.abs.gov.au/census_services/getproduct/census/2011/quickstat/0

Click on
People — cultural & language diversity and you will find those sections below.

Feel free to request me anytime. Just put "For TeacherGreg" at the front of your post or, even better, bookmark my weblink at www.GregPearl.com and use the question box on my page - still put the "For TeacherGreg" in the front of the post so it is directly sent to me.

All the best in your studies and have a wonderful rest of the week.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks that is great. I am not sure either which one i want so I will use both figures. When you say bookmark your web page what type of other questions do you answer?
I answer questions related to social studies (social science) and business and finance as my main categories.

:-)

I look forward to the chance to help you in the future - you are a valued customer.

Be sure to rate my response when satisfied and I hope to hear from you again soon.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks I think I have misinterpreted the assignment and I desperately now need t research an Italian community group and research that particular culture. Do you know of an Italian community group in Australia?

overview of your culture group

food

festivals

major cultural difference compared to Australian society

Data showing the percentage of your selected cultural group residing in Australia.

If you would be kind enough to rate my response above and post this as a new question then I would be glad to help. This is a different prompt and we are only allowed to respond to one question per thread. The information above took some time for me to track down and provide for you as you needed it urgently.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have posted this as a new question

Okay, as soon as you are able to rate my response above, when satisfied, I will be happy to look at newer questions to see if I can assist on those. I do not work on separate posts for a customer when awaiting a rating on my previous ones as these are time consuming and I have to ensure that I receive proper credit for my work.

I hope you understand.

:-)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am unable to rate this as there is no button for me to press to say rate this reply?
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi. I have just rated you. Not sure are you able to answer my two questions now?

Thanks for the rating. I will look over the other questions this morning to see if I am able to complete for you.