TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

IE (v7-9) compatibility Preload all the high quality images

IE (v7-9) compatibility
Preload all the high quality images for the server
Show the animal information dynamically
Reset button include the remove the animal information as well.
I would like to add "Last 5 animals you view" list with the path: Mammals > Extinct > Ornx
Last one is the text on the bottom of the html that stated which status with fade in effect, such as specific animal will bring up the large text on the bottomt that said extinct.
Hello again. Thank you for requesting me.

I might be able to do IE8 compatible. But I don't know about IE7. The current version is IE10, and IE11 should be out this year. IE7 is somewhere around 5 years outdated and does not support many JavaScript techniques that may be required.

I am not following this sentence at all:

"Last one is the text on the bottom of the html that stated which status with fade in effect, such as specific animal will bring up the large text on the bottomt that said extinct."

I will need all of the images.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I meant a large caption that stated which status the animal is currently in. Even though it is already in the information, I would like that caption in the center bottom.

IE8 is good enough. I will try to do IE7 by myself.

The images are uploading.

The project link that you provided does not download anything but an empty Zip.

I believe ge.tt is having issues.

You can try http://www.wikisend.com
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/306716/project.zip

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Images URL: http://tbf.me/a/B54OaD

Thank you.

I will contact you once this is all complete.
Hello again,

By when is this required? I can get it to you by tomorrow evening. There is a fair amount of work here and I will soon pass out on the keyboard and completely mess it all up.

I have finished the image preloading.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is fine with me.

Thank you. I will contact you once everything is complete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is the status?

Hello again!

You can download the files here:

I had to change some things in order to support IE8. For instance, you are using the section tag. In IE8, styles placed on the section tag do not work. So your gray backgrounds were not working at all.

To handle this, I will change it to a DIV instead, which can be stylized in IE8. But keep in mind that IE8 did not support border-radius. So the rounded corners will be gone. Also, IE8 did not support background-size, so your backgrouns will not necessarily fit quite right in IE8.

That said, I have made the site functional in IE8.

The text that appears that shows the status: You really did not provide a clear picture of exactly what you wanted. So I created it to fade in, in a fixed position, over the image near the bottom. You can change any of this as you wish. The style for the text is at the bottom of your stylesheet. The fade-in does not work in IE8 because IE8 does not support opacity. So the interval that goes through and displays it over the course of 1 second will not cause it to appear. In IE8 it simply appears without the fade it. It fades in in IE9+ and all other major browsers.

All of the images preload. Look at the preload JavaScript file. There are over 100MB of images. So the preload could take a while on a server. You may benefit from removing some of the image names from the list of images to preload. But that's up to you. You now have preloader functionality and can use it as you see fit.

All of the animal information is once again shown dynamically and updated correct and removed with the reset button.

There is a list of the last five animals that you have viewed. It displays below the buttons. You can change that as you see fit also. The point is that it functins, and functions in IE8 also. As you view more animals, the list is updated.

So that covers everything that you requested in this question. Let me know if you have any questions.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is it possible to have the test that appears that show the status all the way to the bottom , according to the browser size?

I apologize, I do not understand that sentence. What is a "test that appears that show the status all the way to the bottom"?

If you mean that you want the status text to appear at the bottom of the browser, this could be done with sufficient CSS. However, this will require redoing most of the CSS for your page, as it requires certain wrappers to exist. I can do this for you, but it is a non-trivial effort.

I will be away for the next couple of hours. If you need additional assistance, please let me know. Please remember to rate my answer. And please know that you can come back at any time to ask follow-up questions.

Thank you

Hello again!

With a little CSS manipulation, I was able to get the status message that fades in to appear at the bottom of the viewable browser window, with a fixed position, in the center. So if you resize the browser, it is still at the bottom, in the center. How great is that?

Here are the files:

Let me know if there is anything else that you need.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.