Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration

Questions 1 to 20: Select the best answer to each question.

1. In a residential installation, the grounding conductor is connected to the
A. neutral bus in the subpanel.
B. service-disconnecting means.
C. service-drop equipment.
D. branch-circuit breakers.

2. You need to install a door chime. What type of circuit will you install to supply power to the transformer that feeds the door chime?
A. Feeder
B. Dedicated
C. Supply it from a general-purpose circuit
D. Special Purpose

3. When using two-wire cable to feed a 240-V appliance that does not require a neutral wire, you should
A. use the cable as is.
B. use only the black wire.
C. mark both ends of the white wire green.
D. mark both ends and any exposed area of the white wire black.

4. In which one of the following rooms in a new house would you most likely find a GFCI outlet?
A. Living room
B. Dining room
C. Kitchen
D. Bedroom

5. When you encounter a four-slot receptacle in a residential laundry room, you know that
A. to comply with the 1999 NEC it must be replaced with a three-slot receptacle.
B. it allows for a separate equipment grounding conductor.
C. it's rated for 480 V.
D. it's able to provide AC or DC power.

6. Which of the following conducts current only when a fault occurs in the circuit?
A. Neutral wire
B. Phase conductor
C. Equipment-grounding conductor
D. Circuit breaker

7. A residential circuit would usually have circuit characteristics described as
A. single-phase 120/240 V.
B. single-phase 480 V.
C. three-phase delta-connected 208 V.
D. three-phase wye-connected 240 V.

Figure E-1
8. Figure E-1 shows the wiring layout for a small house. How many ground-fault-type receptacles are there?
A. 2
B. 4
C. 6
D. 7

9. The three electrical components needed to establish a circuit are a
A. power source, load, and switch.
B. switch, power source, and conductors.
C. power source, conductors, and load.
D. switch, conductors, and load.

10. A homeowner working within a limited budget wants the minimum number of small-appliance circuits installed in the kitchen at the lowest cost. Which of the following circuit(s) will you install?
A. One 15-A
B. One 20-A
C. Two 15-A
D. Two 20-A

11. A fixed electric space heater wired by a cable with an ampacity of 30 A should draw a maximum current of
A. 15 A.
B. 24 A.
C. 27 A.
D. 30 A.

12. Which type of circuit is becoming more common in residential electrical design and construction?
A. 3-phase circuits
B. Hazardous-area circuits
C. Communication circuits
D. 480 volt circuits

13. If the largest conductor in a service entrance is No. 1 copper, then the minimum size copper grounding electrode conductor shall be
A. No. 2.
B. No. 4.
C. No. 6.
D. No. 8.

14. When installing smoke detectors in a new residence, always
A. interconnect multiple smoke detectors.
B. install a carbon monoxide detector in every home.
C. only install detectors on the first floor of multistory dwellings.
D. omit heat detectors because smoke detectors also detect heat.

15. When planning the wiring layout for a home, you know that the _______ won't require a special-purpose branch circuit.
A. range
B. microwave oven
C. electric clothes dryer
D. water heater

16. If line a of a three-wire circuit carries 90 A of current and line b carries 60 A, then the neutral n will be carrying
A. 30 A.
B. 60 A.
C. 90 A.
D. 150 A.

17. When installing receptacles in an attached garage, an electrician must remember that all workbench receptacles in the garage must be
A. supplied by 30 A circuits.
B. single—not duplex.
C. weatherproof.
D. GFCI protected.

18. When calculating the general light and receptacle load for a residence, you multiply the square footage of the house by _______ VA.
A. 3
B. 40
C. 100
D. 10,000

19. To protect all four receptacles on a branch circuit that surrounds a swimming pool, you would install one
A. GFCI feed-through receptacle at the beginning of the load's circuit and connect the other receptacles to the load side of that receptacle.
B. GFCI feed-through receptacle at the end of the load's circuit.
C. GFCI-terminated receptacle at the beginning of the load's circuit.
D. GFCI-terminated receptacle at each end of the load's circuit.

20. In a 40- by 30-foot ranch-type home the calculated general lighting and receptacle load would be _______ VA.
A. 10
B. 70
C. 1200
D. 3600
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 1 year ago.
Hi, it will be a pleasure to help you with your homework today

There is not a figure for #8.

How soon do you require this resource?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thanks But You Don't worry About Q.8 ok thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sir ,

Thanks But it will be ok for figure for #8. i know the answer for question so its ok and thanks for all

Finishing up this morning for you.
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sir,

I didn't got my answer. Where did you sent me ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sir,

Sorry but i got it ! Thanks

I am so glad you got the responses. Let me know if you have any other issues.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sir , This time you give me 11 wrong answers but its ok.