TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

• Dynamic creation of at least 3 sets of
Hello again! Thank you for requesting me. I kindly ask that you remember to start your questions with **For TheDoctor** when requesting me in the future. It helps me keep track of things and ensures that I do not overlook any of your requests.

Please send whatever you have completed by uploading it to

Once uploaded, you will be given a link on the right. Click on the 'Copy Link' option and then paste it here.

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The images is on the way.

I forgot to tell you that I cannot use JQuery and innerHTML.

Hello again,

Thank you. I will contact you once everything is complete.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you.

You're welcome
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What is the progress?

Hello again,

By when is this required?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Before midnight, if it is possible?

Absolutely. I will contact you once it is complete.

Hello again,

Quick question. Did you create this data. js file, or was it provided by your course?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I made it.

Hello again!

You can download the completed functionality here:

This meets the following requirements:

1.) Create three drop down menus dynamically
2.) Use one method to create each menu based on the selection from the previous menu.
3.) Ability to start over at any time
4.) Use of cookeis and local storage
5.) Change background after last selection

When you open the page and enter your name, go ahead and test it by selecting Mammals -> Rare -> Samuel

I didn't have any of the images, so I put a "samuel.jpg" in the img folder for testing. You will see that it successfully sets the background. Place your images into the img folder to make it work with the images designated in the data file.

I had to alter the data file to use a better relational structure. While your animal objects had array elements that specified what group they belonged to, that is not a good or easy way of implementing this. Seaching the indexof on every single animal in all options everytime a selction is made.

Instead of that, I restructured the data file to use a heirarchical data structure. In this way, the animals have an actual physical relationship to the elements in which they belong. It is easy to list the mammals that are extinct because those animals belong to the extinct object within the mammals object. We can point directly to them instead of searching the entire data structure for them.

So, that meets all of the requirements that you listed. Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You are hilarious, my friend, with the XXXXX XXXXX image. What about the information that will provide with the last node?

Hello again,

I'll try to get that to you as soon as possible.
Hello again,

Here it is with the info working:

And Samuel L. Jackson just made sense. When he's around, plane snakes are "Critically Endangered". He's not a fan of snakes... on planes.

In any case, please remember to rate my answer. Thank you again!

Hi Samuel,

I hope you received the previous answer that I posted. I posted it at 10:53PM EDT. I was worried because I know you said you needed this by midnight and I haven't seen that you retrieved the answer. Perhaps you didn't receive any notification.

The answer is posted above this message. I hope you get it in time!

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you again!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It is fine. I just trying to get it done before midnight but failed. I want to set the background centered and fixed with the following code:

-webkit-background-size: cover;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover;

Remember you have use the

document.getElementsByTagName( 'body' )[0].style.backgroundImage = "url(img/" + localStorage.getItem( 'background' ) + ")";

in the project.js

I am trying to do this:

document.getElementsByTagName( 'body' )[0].style.background = "url(img/" + localStorage.getItem( 'background' ) + ") no-repeat center center fixed;";

with -webkit-background-size: cover;
-moz-background-size: cover;
-o-background-size: cover;
background-size: cover;

Take a look at this:

I would recommend keeping the backgroundImage line that was already there.

Look in the css/styles.css file. See that I added a body style that sets the background attributes. No current browser that supports CSS3 requires the CSS vendor prefix. You can just use background-size

I tested this in Chrome, IE9, IE10, Firefox, and Safari.

It results in what you are attempting without needing to modify the project.js at all. Keep in mind that CSS almost always cache's. So make sure you force a hard refresh before trying this (CTRL-F5).

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you again.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I am handling very large and hd quality pictures, such as 1600x900. Would that css solve that? Would it appear fast in the server?

What is the best way to processe that?

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The set of cookie is not working. Did you overlook that?

I did not overlook anything.

You were already setting a cookie when the page loads. It asks for name and sets a cookie. If the cookie is already set and has not expired, it does not ask again. I didn't touch that functionality.

Perhaps you are talking about the local storage?

That is also working as you implemented it. What about it is "not working"?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

It keep asking me. If it truly set the cookie, it should still remember me.

That was completely written by you and I did not touch it. When I was testing it, you had implemented it correctly.

Now, you are setting the cookie to expire at the end of the session. So it will ask you ever time you restart your browser or leave the site for a while and the return.

If it asks you ever time you load the page, then you must have broken it. In the copy that I have, your code is working.
If you want to send me what you currently have, I'll take a look. You are not passing in any expire time, so the cookie only lasts as long as the session. If that is the issue you are having, that is by design. Pass in an expiry to extend the life of the cookie.