Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.
29937297

Astronomy100 Homework Question! Marvin the MartXXXXX XXXXXves

Astronomy100 Homework Question!

Marvin the MartXXXXX XXXXXves on Mars. He’s an avid astronomer, and has access to all kinds of telescopes. He also eyes that can see exactly the same things yours do. Marvin likes warm (by Martian standards) weather, and lives near Mars’s equator.

Which of the following are observations that Marvin might make? Put a Y by those that are possible, and an N by those that are not. Any information in parentheses is true.

___Marvin can see the Earth in the sky at midnight.

___Marvin can see Saturn in the sky at midnight.

___Marvin can see TiO lines in the sun’s spectrum.

___Marvin can see sunspots.

___Marvin goes into his laboratory and measures the wavelengths of the Balmer lines of hydrogen. He gets exactly the same results as Balmer (a very terrestrial physicist) got.

___Marvin takes a trip to Mars’s South Pole. The sun is not in the sky and does not rise for weeks. (It’s midwinter in the south of Mars).

___Marvin’s telescope is the same size as the Hubble Space Telescope. His pictures as as good as those from the Hubble Space Telescope. (Mars’s atmosphere is very thin, and you can ignore it for the purposes of this question.)

___Marvin can see Ganymede (the largest moon of Jupiter) appear go around Jupiter.

___Marvin sees Phobos in full phase near the horizon at midnight. (Phobos is a moon of Mars.)

___The black body spectrum that Marvin can see from the sun has a temperature of between 3000 and 4000 degrees Kelvin.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No I am okay with waiting my homework question is not due for a few days. Thank you so much for responding!!

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience: Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.