R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech
20870358

I need some code=C#(Microsoft Visual Studio 2010)/psuedocode

I need some code=C#(Microsoft Visual Studio 2010)/psuedocode (Micro Word) and a flow chart(Microsoft Visio). The program deals with a carpenter making custom desks. The cost of the desk is based on the following: 1. The desk length and width in inches 2. The type of wood 3. The number of drawers The price is calculated as follows: 1. The flat rate for a desk is $200 2. If the surface area of the desk is greater than 750 square inches, there is an additional $70 fee. 3. The charges for different kinds of wood are: A. Mahogany- $140 extra B. Oak- $120 extra C. Pine - no extra The basic desk has (0) drawers. Each additional drawer is an extra $40 There is a sales tax of 8.0% This is an object oriented program with a class named Desk The attributes are the following: a. desk length b. desk width c. surface charge d. total cost of desk e. drawer charge f. number of drawers g. type of wood h. cost for mahogany i. cost for oak Create properties for each field as required a. the property of the total cost should be "read-only" Create a method to calculate the total cost a. all calculations are done by the desk class b. no user inputs or outputs are done by the desk class The program class takes inputs for all values a. each input must be preceded by a prompt b. creates an object of the desk class to pass inputs to properties c. retrieves the total cost d. displays the user inputs as well as the final cost e. the program class does no calculations flowcharts and pseudocode of properties are not required unless they perform functions other than setting or retrieving fields

NOTHING TOO COMPLICATED-PLEASE KEEP VERY BASIC! DEADLINE APRIL 1rst 2013 7:00 AM-ARIZONA!

WILL ADD ADDITIONAL $50 IN PAYMENT IF THE FLOWCHART CAN BE COMPLETED AS WELL, MUST BE COMPLETED BY MARCH 31st 10PM-ARIZONA FOR THE ADDITIONAL $50!!

Category: Homework
Expert:  LongTermTech replied 1 year ago.
I cannot do the Visio flowchart. I cannot do the C#, but I can do the pseudocode I think. I might be able to complete the work by April 1, 7 a.m. Arizona time.

Would the work I can do, in pseudocode, without the C#, and without the Visio flowchart, be acceptable to you?

(If not, I will at once Opt Out, opening the case again to other Experts here, one of whom might be able to get this done for you - but, it being a Sunday, and the deadline being so soon, that will be a narrow chance, I would estimate.)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I definitely need the code in C#. Thanks though.

Understood - I have Opted Out of the case, at no extra charge to you, re-opening it to other Experts here.

I wanted to respond to, and if possible take care of, your question if at all possible. I hope you don't mind my bothering you about my imperfect match to the task you are asking about.

Good luck, and thanks for following the process thus far.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Appreciate the try though.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Welcome!

I'd be glad to help with this. I'll prepare the C# XXXXX and get back to you by tonight.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Just so you know, the total paid will be $155.00 for the extras. I only really need the code and pseudocode for $105.00. Will likely come back for future help. Thanks

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, thanks. I'll try to finish them both and post by sometime tonight. In case it gets late, you may come back and receive your answer tomorrow morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I'll be up tonight until this is finished so feel free to ask me any questions. The deadline is 7 AM because I have to turn it in by 9 AM. I would prefer 10 PM so I can look it over and verify that it will match up with the specs.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'd be logging off now. I shall try my best to send them as early as possible.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't thank you enough.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome!
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Please download zip file below

https://www.box.com/s/mrvng4z32dczem3j0ehl

Please rate the answer.

Let me know if you need help with anything else. Just add 'RRJha' at the start of your new question to send them directly to me.

Thanks
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.

Could you retrieve the answer? Feel free to ask if you need any modification.

Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I will be able to retrieve the answer at 8AM-ARIZONA when i get to a computer with the microsoft visial/visio software on it. I appreciate the hard work.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
I've sent the c# XXXXX and pseudocode the previous zip file. Let me know if you need anything else.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't know if you got the last message, but if you could complete the flowchart within the next 40 min. There's an extra $50 in it for you.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll try
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Having problems putting it into microsoft visual studio and getting it to run. Says could not load file or assembly "Carpenter's Desk Program" or one of its dependencies. The given assembly name or codebase was invalid. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131047) PLS HELP!
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Name of my program was just DeskApplication. Did you rename it to Carpenter's Desk Program? Please try running the project I sent as it is, without renaming any files. Also, I used VC# XXXXX express edition to create the program, but it should open without error in Visual Studio as well.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I got it to work after some tinkering. The only problem I'm seeing is that it looks like it doesn't do the calculation correctly. I think it isn't adding the sales tax at the end.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Please check again. I've included sales tax too.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'll be working until 7PM today. I will check it again after. The final price just seems too low to me when I run it. Otherwise it seems to be running fine.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, send me the input you're giving. I'll hand calculate the cost and check with program output.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So like I said I got it working, unfortunately the instructor decided to change up some of the values just before turning it in (no idea why). The changes are as follows: beginning price=$250, if over 720 square inches=$50, extra drawers are=$35 each, Mahog=$160, Oak=$110, tax rate at the end and gets added on is now=9.0%.

I put in a 500in by 500in = 2500 square inch desk which should add the extra $50 to the beginning $250, then I add Mahogany and (1) drawer to add $195 to the total, then the sales tax is at $44.55, leaving a grand total of $539.55. Unfortunately I can't check the program until tomorrow when I can access a computer with the program.

Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I'll make changes and get back to you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
And that extra $50 for the flowcchart is still available. I hate to be a perfectionist, but since I couldn't make the deadline, the best score I can get on it now is a 75%.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Please download update files below

And here is the program output
graphic

Hope that's what was the required output.

Please rate this answer. I'll work out flowchart, and send tonight. Then you can add the bonus.

Thanks
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience: B.Tech
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
If you could send it to me tomorrow morning, that would be great. It looks like it works to me. Thanks for all the hard work!
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
You're welcome!
I'll send the flowchart by tomorrow morning.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks, I will definitely be asking foe your help on the next project I received this morning. Hopefully I will have my comp fixed so I can do some of the work.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Sure, I'd be glad to help whenever I could. Just add 'RRJha' at the start of your new question when you post one, to ensure I receive it.

Thanks
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Just to give you a heads up, I will be downloading the updated file tomorrow morning and reviewing them. I will add that extra $50 once I've finished downloading and checking. Then I have another project that I will start working on in the near future.
Expert:  R.R. Jha replied 1 year ago.
Ok Just add 'RRJha' at the start when you post your new question to ensure I receive it.