TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

I am looking for the solutions to questions you posted on March

I am looking for the solutions to questions you posted on March 16.

11.2 Write a servlet that returns a randomly chosen greeting from a list of five different greetings. The greetings must be stored as constant strings in the program.

11.8 Write the markup document to create a form with the following capabilities:
a. A text widget to collect the users' name
b. Four checkboxes, one each for the following items:
i. Four 25 watt light bulbs for $2.39
I ran out of room. Can you help?
Category: Homework
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer.

Your question was cut off.

You need 11.2, 11.8, and 11.9?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

12.3 Modify the ASP.NET document controls.aspx and its accompanying code-behind file, controls.aspx.cs, to add the following: a text box for the user's address and a drop-down list for favorite category of music(rock, rap, country, classical, jazz), which must be populated in the code-behind file. The values of the new controls must be output when a postback is done.

12.5 Modify the ASP.NET AJAX zip code application to provide the address, zip code, city and state of old customers. Use a hash whose keys are last names and first names, catenated. The information about the customer can be a single string with the address, zip code, city and state, all catenated together.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Alright, so you need 11.2, 11.8, 11.9, 12.3, and 12.5?

By when do you need these?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes that is the ones! sorry!

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
And by when do you need these?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

tomorrow at 8pm. You answered the exact one on March 16.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Yes. However, I cannot provide you with the exact copy of what I did before. I must newly create each, which is hours of work.

I will contact you once they are ready.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you and do you need the files from the text? I believe chapter 12 needs files.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I already them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is why you are the expect

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

You can download the completed assignments here:

In the zip file, you will find five folders:  One for each assignment.

In 11.2, you will find the code and WAR file for the random greeting Servlet.

In 11.8, you will find a JSP file that contains the markup for the Bulb Order Form.

In 11.9, you will find the code and teh WAR file for the Bulb Order Form Servlet.

In 12.3, you will find the Visual Studio Solution for the Favorite Color/Music form.

In 12.5, you will find the Visual Studio Solution for the Old Customers Autofill form.

I did the Servlets in different ways that I have done them in the past, ensuring that the work is unique.

For the 12.3, 12.5, there is a limit to how unique they can be, given that most of the files are taken straight out of the text book. However, I made the custom code unique so that it does not match any other student's.

For 12.5, to test the automatic form loading, you can type in any of the following names (case sensitive):

Rose Tyler
XXXXX XXXXX
Donna Noble
Amelia Pond

The two Visual Studio solutions (12.3 and 12.5) are very easy for you to open and run. As I have explained to other customers, the Servlets are much more complicated. You must deploy them to Tomcat. As long as you have Tomcat installed and running correctly, deploying the Servlets is actually extremely quick and easy.

Simply place the WAR file for either servlet into the webapps directory of Apache Tomcat. After a few seconds, Tomcat will automatically deploy the application.

I am going to assume that you use the standard Apache Tomcat port (8080).

After deploying, you can view he greeting servlet by going to:

http://localhost:8080/Greetings/

As you reload the page, you will see that you randomly receive one of five greetings.

For the Bulb Order Form servlet, you would go to:

http://localhost:8080/BulbOrder/

Again, this is all assuming that you have Apache Tomcat installed and fully operational. Alternately, if your school provides you with a place to install web apps, you can use that.

In either case, these assignments are completely ready to turn in and meet all of the requirements as laid out in the questions and the text book.

If you have any questions for me, please let me know. I am here to help.

If you ever require assistance again in the future, please feel free to request me directly by starting your questions with **For TheDoctor**.

Please do remember to rate my answer. It is the only way that I receive credit for my time and effort. You may always come back here and ask follow up questions even after you have provided a rating.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer. Have a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't get any of these to run in Netbeans 7.0.1. Am I not importing them correctly

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

First, 12.3 and 12.5 are Visual Studio projects. Secondly, the two Servlet projects were created in Eclipse. Every student I have worked with on these assignments was required to use Eclipse for their class. I can move it over to Netbeans for you, but you need to upgrade your Netbeans. Version 7.0.1 is extremely outdated. The current version is 7.3
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I upgraded net beans to 7.3.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

You can download the two Java projects here:

Attachment: 2013-03-31_161909_nbprojects.zip

Unzip this file. Inside you will find two other zip files. Do not unzip them.

In Netbeans 7.3, go to File->Import Project->From Zip

Do this for each of the two projects. That will import the projects into Netbeans.

This does not mean that you will be able to use the "Play" button in Netbeans. If you right click on the project name and select Run, it will play if you have a web server set up in Netbeans correctly. Otherwise, it will not run.

Netbeans automatically creates the WAR file inside of the dist folder. This is the file that you would place in the tomcat webapps directory in order to deploy the application.

The other two projects are opened with Visual Studio 2012 Express for Web.

Let me now if you have any other questions.

Please do remember to rate my answer. Thank you again.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I assure you that these projects are 100% functional and accurate. This is the fourth time that I have completed these assignments. Make sure Netbeans is the approved IDE for your class, as you can tell that it is a Netbeans project when you turn it in.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.

Hello again,

As mentioned, you must have a server set up correctly to get the two Java servlet projects to work. If you installed Netbeans with Glassfish as the default server, then right-clicking on the project name in the project explorer (the left window panel), you should be able to run the projects by selecting "Run". This will run them in Glassfish.

On the other hand, if you have Tomcat running, you will want to deploy to tomcat.

If you need assistance setting any of this up, I can provide support and step-by-step instructions on how to do this.

Additionally, if you need screenshots of the different assignments working, I can provide those, as each of these are fully functional. Just let me know whatever you need.

Whenever you are ready, please remember to rate my answer. I do not receive credit for my time and effort until you have provided a positive rating. Please also know that you may come back to this thread at any time in the future and ask follow-up questions about these projects. Just because you have rated does not mean that you will not be able to ask more questions. I will be here for you for as long as you need me.

I really enjoy doing these types of projects. So if you ever need assistance on future assignments, please consider requesting me directly by starting your questions with **For TheDoctor**.

Thank you again!

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't get the netbeans to run the projects. Error is not root file. I imported from zip and nothing.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
It sounds as though are attempted to import the zip file I sent you, which is not what you are supposed to do. You unzip that zip file, and then import the zip files inside of the zip that I sent you.

Can you do a remote session? If so, please go to join.me

On that page, click on the big orange play button to share your screen. It may ask you to install software or allow software access. Accept everything and eventually you will get a small control panel at the top of the screen. Click on the join.me address in that control panel and select to copy it.

Then paste it here and I will join you.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Try importing these:

Attachment: 2013-03-31_222500_greetings.zip

and

Attachment: 2013-03-31_222427_bulb.zip

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

https://join.me/915-422-401

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.

http://wikisend.com/download/481130/WebContent.zip

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

So the NetBeans import process was not working on your computer. I cannot really say why. It is working on my computer. However, we were able to get the eclipse version of the project imported and show that they are working.

The visual studio ones are significantly easier. Open the SLN files in Visual studio, open the correct ASPX file, and press play. That's it.

Whenever you are ready, please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am getting error messages in the VS files.

HTTP Error 403.14 - Forbidden

The Web server is configured to not list the contents of this directory.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

Send me another link?
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
It sounds like you are trying to run the web.xml file or another file that you cannot run.

Those are not the correct files to run. I believe your files are called.... controls.aspx and... InstantZip.aspx. You want to open those and then press play. If you select any of the configuration files and press play, you will get a forbidden error.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
If you continue to have issues, I will join you again. Just send me a new link.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

https://join.me/373-544-157

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

https://join.me/373-544-157 Also the netbean 11.9 needs a 6.2% added to it. Is this possible?

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you! I will be using you again!

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
You are so very welcome. It was a pleasure working with you. Have a great week!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

You available again? I would love to have your help again!

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again Mary!

Yes, I am available.

Go here and enter a new question. Please start the question with **For TheDoctor**

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Let me get it together