Scott, MIT Graduate
Experience:  MIT Graduate (Math, Programming, Science, and Music)

Customer Question

Penn foster exam 023047
Category: Homework
Expert:  Mr. Gregory White replied 3 years ago.
Hello my name is Greg.

Can you upload the PF test to a file sharing site such as or ad then share the link here with us? These tests change periodically so would want to ensure that the resource provided matches the material that you have.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
  1. You perform the billing for a skilled nursing facility. You’re probably using which system?
    1. IPPS
    2. RUGs
    3. OPPS
    4. RBRVS
  2. If you want to see an orthopedic specialist for broken legs but first have to check with your primary care physician, you probably belong to a/an
    1. EPO
    2. POS
    3. HMO
    4. PPO
  3. Mr. B is an 82-year-old retired railroad worker who is having a mole removed at his physician’s office. The physician’s office is probably billing which of the following?
    1. Medicare part B
    2. Medicare part D
    3. Medicare part C
    4. Medicare part A
  4. You’re switching jobs on Monday. Which one of the following acts was developed, in part, to ensure that you have ongoing insurance coverage during the change?
    1. OCIIO
    2. HP2010
    3. HIPAA
    4. BBA
  5. New Medicare payments systems and implementation of SCHIP both came out of the
    1. Federal Act 33-2
    2. Health maintenance organization
    3. Retrospective payment system
    4. Balance budget act
  6. If you’re in an 80-20 policy, it means
    1. You pay 80% of the expenses and the insurer pays 20%
    2. The insured pays 80% of the expenses and you pay 20%
    3. The insure pays 80% of the expenses and you pay 20%
    4. You pay 80% of the expense and the insured pays 20%
  7. If you’re billing outpatients claims, you’re probably using
    1. UB-92
    2. CMS-1500
    3. CMS-1450
    4. UB-4
  8. A health care plan wants to measure their quality and performance. They could use
    1. MSDRG
    2. HAVEN
    3. HEDIS
    4. RAVEN
  9. Dr. Smith’s medical office group and hospital in which he’s affiliated are both examples of
    1. Resources
    2. Providers
    3. Payers
    4. Supplies
  10. It’s January 2, 2011, and you’re a hospital coder who just assigned three diagnosis codes to a patient’s record. You probably used ____ codes.
    1. CPT
    2. HCPCS
    3. ICD-10-CM
  11. Which of the following was created to allow coverage for options that aren’t covered under Medicare A or B?
    1. Medicare part D
    2. Medigap
    3. Medicare part C
    4. Medicare+Choice
  12. You’re a coder who’s reviewing the record of a 62-year-old woman who was admitted to the hospital with shortness of breath and minor chest pain. The doctor diagnosed the patient with Staphylococcus aureus pneumonia and you assigned a code of 482.41. Additionally, you coded decompensated chronic systolic congestive heart failure (as documented by thee physician) as 428.22 and 428.0. The coding system grouped the information into MS-DRG 1778 (RW: 1.4860). The hospital has a base rate $4,500.

What is the hospital’s reimbursement for this patient under the PPS?

1. $3,028.26
  2. $6,687
  3. $4,500
  4. $10,360

13.physician is charging for as mole removal procedure based on what she and other physicians generally for that procedure, she’s probably using

1. PPS
  2. DRG
  3. UCR
  4. ABG
  1. Which of the following would be best to use to help plan home health care outcomes and assessments?
    1. OASIS
    2. RAVEN
    3. MAC
    4. HAVEN
  2. Mrs. F is a 72-year-old retired school teacher who is hospitalized for pneumonia. Which of the following is most likely covering her inpatient hospital stay?
    1. Medicare part C
    2. Medicare part D
    3. Medicare part A
    4. Medicare part B
  3. Which of the following may lead to claim denials or improper service reimbursement?
    1. Updated ICD-9-CM codes
    2. Inaccurate physician documentation
    3. HCPCS codes on outpatient surgeries
    4. Reporting of multiple APGs
  4. Paul Patient is trying to get new insurance, but he fears he’ll be denied due to his cancer diagnosis and ongoing treatment. Which of the following was put in place to help patients like Paul avoid insurance denial due to their current conditions?
    1. Affordable Care Act
    2. Healthy People 2010
    3. Balance Budget Act
    4. Social Security Title XVIII
  5. To determine a facility’s CMI, you need which of the following?
    1. The hospital base rate and DRG relative weight
    2. The relative weight, sum of all discharges, and hospital base rate
    3. The relative weight of a specific DRG and total discharges for that DRG
    4. The sum total of all DRG weights and sum of all discharges
  6. Stan is on active military duty and, therefore, is probably receiving medical coverage from
    1. SCHIP
    2. TRICARE
    3. Medicaid
    4. CHAMPVA
  7. Patty Patient just had her appendix removed. The appendix removal appears on the claim form as a ___ code.
    1. Diagnosis
    2. Procedure
    3. Payer
    4. provider
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This the exam i need help with thank you i need it as soon you can

Unfortunately, I cannot find the needed resource for this prompt.

I will opt out and move to the top of the list for the other professionals to view.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok thank you

Expert:  Angela--Mod replied 3 years ago.
Hi, I'm a moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find another Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes i can wait for answer

thank you

Thank you for your reply. We appreciate your patience as we continue to search for the right Professional to assist you.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your patience, your business is very important to us, we are waiting on the Professional with the right expertise to come online. Feel free to let us know if you would like us to continue searching for a Professional or if you would like us to close your question. Thank you for your understanding!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I can wait but i do need it soon

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 3 years ago.
Thank you for your reply. Your question is open to all the Professionals and marked high priority. You'll receive an email notification if a Professional replies. We appreciate your patience.
Please understand that it’s rare when we cannot find the right Professional . Nevertheless, because you are entitled to your money back with no questions asked, we will process your refund immediately, upon your request. Please accept our sincere apology. We hope you’ll think of us again when the need arises.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Yes i would like a refund if i cant recieve help

Thank you