Ray Atkinson
Ray Atkinson, Graduate Student
Experience:  Inner-city high school substitute teacher. Degrees in mathemetics, accounting, and education. Years and years of tutoring.

Ch. 1: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 3 & 5 3. How

Ch. 1: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 3 & 5
3. How do you think the principle of uniformitarianism accounts for occasional catastrophic events such as meteorite impacts, huge volcanic eruptions, or great earthquakes?
5. In what ways do geologic processes affect your daily life?

Ch. 2: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 1 & 3

1.When astronauts brought back rock samples from the Moon, the minerals present were mostly the same as those found on Earth. Can you think of reasons why this might be so? Would you expect minerals on Mars or Venus to be the same, or at least very similar, to those on Earth?

3. Which of the following materials are minerals, and why (or why not)? Water; beach sand; diamond; wood; vitamin pill; gold nugget; fishbone; emerald.

Ch. 3: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 3 & 4
3. How old are the rock formations in the area where you live and attend college or university? How can you find out the answer to this question?

4. Choose one of the geologic periods or epochs listed in Figure 3.8 and find out all you can about it: How are rocks from that period identified? What are its most characteristic fossils? Where are the best samples of rocks from your chosen period found?

Ch. 14: Critical and Creative Thinking Questions 1 & 4

1. Recall from Chapter 1 (see Table 1) that Earth and Venus are so similar in size and overall composition that they are almost “twins.” Why did these two planets evolve so differently? Why is Earth's atmosphere rich in oxygen and poor in carbon dioxide, whereas the reverse is true on Venus? What would happen to Earth's oceans if Earth were a little bit closer to the Sun?
4. What do you think might have happened to mammals if the end-of-Cretaceous extinction had not wiped out the dinosaurs?
That is quite a list of questions. When are they due?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

They are do tomorrow, wait I guess I should say today. They are due Saturday March 30th by 9:00 P.M.

Eastern time, I take it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problems. I will get on it in the morning. I expect short answers are sufficient for these? No length requirement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you very much and yes short answers are fine.

One last quick question: Where is "the area where you live and attend college?"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I live in Virgina Beach, Virgina and I am attending Old Dominon University.
I have then done except for 3.4. Can you give me the table, or just pick one for me to research?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Here is the table and I will let you decide which one you would like to do. Thank you again.table

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you so much!! I really appreciate your help. It saved me a lot of time.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

If you need help again, put my name at the beginning of the question, and I will be here.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you! I will be sure do that.