R.R. Jha
R.R. Jha, Tutor
Experience:  B.Tech

i have 2 tables in ACCESS table 1 has colums id, company

i have 2 tables in ACCESS

table 1 has colums id, company name, audit name, signdate, FY, COUNTRY.......

I Need to create a query with sql in access to join the two table according to the id

with a the following columns

id, company name, audit name, signdate (maxdate between 1/1/2011 and 12/31/2011), FY=2011, COUNTRY = US,

I'd be glad to help. Please send the access file. You may upload it at and post download link here.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i will send this to you tomorrow morning

Ok, as per your convenience.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok, received the file. Please clarify again what you wish to achieve. Do you want to create a query to join all information in table 1 and table 2 based on id?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i want to join the two table based on ID, and set FY = 2011, and only select the max the SIGNDATE for each ID

I see FY is in both tables, which one you wish to select? Or do they both represent same attribute for a given ID?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Table 1
Ok, working on it.
Could you give more details on the table? What are the various attributes in two tables and what final information you're interested in? As I might need to rename the table and make relationships in order to make it usable.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

in the final table i need

ID, name, country, fy(from table 1) =2011, amount from (table 2), signdate from table 1 but only the most recent date for each id (cuz each id might have multiple rows)

So each id may still get multiple rows because there are different amounts in table 2 for same id
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.

Just checking if you could retrieve and eview the file.