Eric M.
Eric M., Tutor
Experience:  9 years of tutoring experience, Bachelor's and Master's in Computing, pursuing PhD

biology questions in the true and false answers I need to state

biology questions in the true and false answers I need to state why they are false can you please help me out in these questions

14. True or false: Chorionic villi sampling (CVS) is a much safer procedure than amniocentesis because CVS is done later in pregnancy.

15. A tiny spot of blood was found on a glove at a crime scene. What method of DNA technology would you use to make more copies of the DNA sample left at the scene?

16. True or false: Transcriptional control is the most important level of gene control.

17. X-linked recessive disorders often pass from grandfather to granddaughter.

18. True or false: After it is synthesized, mRNA may linger in the nucleus before moving into the cytoplasm.

19. True or false: Two parents are affected with a genetic disorder. They produce an unaffected child. The disorder is likely transmitted as an autosomal dominant trait.

20. True or false: An enhancer region of DNA is adjacent to the promoter.

21. True or false: The only two methods by which fetal cells can be obtained for testing are amniocentesis and chorionic villi sampling.

22. What purpose does a cell-signaling pathway serve in a multicellular organism?

23. True or false: Some genetic mutations can be determined by testing for proteins.

24. True or false: A regulatory gene codes for a protein that activates the genes in an operon.

25. True or false: Cancer cells show a high degree of contact inhibition.

26. The major way in which therapeutic cloning and reproductive cloning differ is what?

27. True or false: Proto-oncogenes may code for growth factors.

28. True or false: Telomerase is highly active in cancer cells.

29. True or false: Angiogensis is not a suspected cause of cancer.

30. True or false: A karyotype can be done using any cell in the body. 31. True or false: An exchange of chromosomal segments between two nonhomologous chromosomes is a/an translocation.

32. In a duplication, a person has more than two alleles for a certain trait.
Hey! I'll be happy to help you with this.

Here are answers to these: (link)

(FYI, I use plain text files since some people, including myself, don't have Microsoft Word. Microsoft Word will still open it just fine, but let me know if you want me to convert this to .doc anyway and I can on my work computer)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

33. In an autosomal dominant genetic disorder, if both parents have the disorder, what is the chance that their sons will have the disorder? 34. A male has a particular X-linked recessive genetic disorder. His partner is normal, but her father had the disorder. What is the chance that their sons will have the disorder? 35. Phenylketonuria (PKU) is an autosomal Phenylketonuria (PKU) is an autosomal recessive disorder. If a woman who does not have PKU gives birth to a child who has PKU, which of the following men, based on this information alone, could not be the father of the child? 36. True or false: A boy is color blind. His brother has at least a 50% chance of being color blind. 37. True or false: An abnormality in DNA sequence used in a test to determine an abnormal allele is called a genetic marker. 38. True or false: A genetic profile can detect mutations in a person's genes. 39. The insertion of genetic material into human cells for treatment of a disorder is called what? 40. What is the difference between ex vivo gene therapy and in vivo gene therapy? 41. True or false: Ultrasound images determine the karyotype of the fetus. 42. An autosomal recessive disorder that occurs among all ethnic groups, in which chloride ions fail to pass through a plasma membrane channel protein in the cells and leads these patients to develop thick mucus in their bronchial tubes and pancreatic ducts is ________. 43. What disorders are present only in males and are passed from father to all sons but not to daughters. 44. True or false: mRNA processing occurs after transcription. 45. A testable explanation of a broad range of related phenomena that is relied upon by scientists with a high degree of confidence is referred to as ________. 46. The smaller unit molecules (monomers) which combine to form proteins and polypeptides are called ____________. 47. Enzymes, some hormones, and structural molecules like keratin and collagen are examples of ______________. 48. An atom that has gained or lost electrons is referred to as _______________. 49. Cell membranes consist of _____________. 50. Which transport mechanism requires ATP to move materials across a plasma membrane? 51. A cell is placed in a solution. If the cell is observed to shrink, the solution must be _________________ relative to the interior of the cell. 52. What are the 1st and 2nd energy laws? 53. In higher cells, cellular (aerobic) respiration with production of adenosine triphosphate (ATP) is carried out in the _______________. 54. Meiosis differs from mitosis because _______________. 55. Leaves are green because ____________. 56. Many human traits such as eye color and height are controlled by _______________. 57. ______________ is a nucleic acid base found in ribonucleic acid (RNA) but not in deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). 58. The polymerase chain reaction (PCR) is a method of ________________. 59. The normal complement of sex chromosomes for a human male is ___________. 60. An allele is ____________. 61. A visual display of metaphase chromosomes arranged by size, shape, and banding pattern is ______. 62. The part of an enzyme that "fits" its substrate is called its __________ site. 63. True or false: recombinant deoxyribonucleic acid (rDNA) technology estimates the age of a rock sample. 64. True or false: A mutation of a tumor supressor gene is most likely to cause a cell to become cancerous.

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Eric M., Tutor
Experience: 9 years of tutoring experience, Bachelor's and Master's in Computing, pursuing PhD
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
hello I need assistance can you help me ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Hello -
I'm a physician -
I will answer your questions.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay it's for my psychology classes
I'm missing information for 35 and 39?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No, I haven't posted up the questions
Look at question 35 and 39 - it is missing information
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
can we begin ?
Look at your questions number 35 and 39 - it is MISSING information - that I need to help you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I was able to figure out the top questions on my own I need help on another assignment now
The expert that you were working with has opted out. Please open a new page for your psychology questions and address them to "For FiveStarLaw" and I would be happy to answer them now
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am not sure how to do that
Go to this link: the box where it says "type your question" type: "For FiveStarLaw" and the link to your questions -Please let me know If you have any difficulties
It does not look like you received my response.

Go to this link:

In the box where it says "type your question" type: "For FiveStarLaw" and the link to your questions -

Please let me know If you have any difficulties