Bizhelp
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience:  Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience

Susan was examining a cell under the microscope and noticed

Susan was examining a cell under the microscope and noticed the formation of a cell plate in the midline of the cell and the formation of nuclei at opposite poles of the cell. The cell under examination was most likely a(n)
Category: Homework
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for requesting me.

The answer is:
plant cell undergoing cytokinesis

Hope this helps!

If you would like to request me for future posts, please put 'For Bizhelp' at the beginning of them.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

another question

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.
OK, go ahead and ask it. Just so you know - you can post more than 1 question at a time. In fact, it is best to list all the questions you need in your original post if you are able to.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Which of the following statements is correct? (Points : 4) Meiosis involves 2 divisions and produces 4 non-identical daughter nuclei.
Meiosis involves 1 division and produces 2 non-identical daughter nuclei.
Mitosis involves 1 division and produces 2 non-identical daughter nuclei.
Mitosis involves 2 divisions and produces 4 identical daughter nuclei.
Meiosis involves 2 divisions and produces 4 identical daughter nuclei.

The term metastasis refers to the fact that cancer cells tend to ________. (Points : 4) destroy
divide
reproduce
shrink
travel

Following meiosis I, the daughter cells are ______; following meiosis II, the daughter cells are ______; and following mitosis, the daughter cells are _______. (Points : 4) diploid; haploid; diploid
diploid; diploid; haploid
haploid; haploid; diploid
haploid; haploid; haploid
diploid; diploid; diploid

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.
The answers are:

1. a. Meiosis involves 2 divisions and produces 4 non-identical daughter nuclei.
2. e. travel
3. c. haploid; haploid; diploid

Hope this helps!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Proteins that are involved in the regulation of the cell cycle, and that show fluctuation in concentration during the cell cycle, are called ________. (Points : 4) centromeres
kinetochores
centrioles
cyclins
proton pumps

All of the following statements are true about mitosis except (Points : 4) the cells arising from the process all have half of the genetic material.
the cells arising from the process are genetically alike.
the process of mitosis is followed by cytokinesis.
spindle fibers are involved in the movement of chromosomes.
both sexually and asexually reproducing organisms utilize the process of mitosis

Which of the following statements is correct regarding the events of the cell cycle? (Points : 4) DNA is duplicated during the G1 and G2 phases
DNA replicates during cytokinesis.
Interphase consists of G1, S, and G2.
The M phase is usually the longest phase.
The cell stops growing in G2 phase.

One major difference between meiosis I and meiosis II is that (Points : 4) crossing over occurs in prophase of meiosis I but not in prophase of meiosis II.
sister chromatids are separated during meiosis I while homologous chromosomes are separated during meiosis II
the resulting cells at the end of meiosis I are diploid while the cells at the end of meiosis II are haploid.
in telophase of meiosis I four daughter cells form from the parent cell and in telophase of meiosis II each parent cells gives rise to two daughter cells.
in meiosis I there is no pairing of chromosomes while homologues pair in meiosis II.

A tetrad is composed of (Points : 4) two chromosomes with two sister chromatids each.
two sister chromatids with separate centromeres.
four chromosomes with two sister chromatids each.
four sister chromatids with a common centromere.
four sister chromatids attached at a common centromere.

Which of the following is NOT true with regard to the law of segregation? (Points : 4) Each individual has 2 factors for each trait.
Genes segregate during gamete formation.
Gametes contain only 1 gene from each pair.
During fertilization, each new individual obtains 2 genes for each trait.
Each gamete contains 2 genes for each trait

Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.
The answers are:

4. d. cyclins
5. a. the cells arising from the process all have half of the genetic material.
6. c. Interphase consists of G1, S, and G2
7. a. crossing over occurs in prophase of meiosis I but not in prophase of meiosis II.
8. a. two chromosomes with two sister chromatids each
9. e. Each gamete contains 2 genes for each trait

Hope this helps!
Bizhelp, CPA
Experience: Bachelors Degree and CPA with Accounting work experience
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much all the answers were correct ill be contacting sometime next week to get further help
Expert:  Bizhelp replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.