Mr. Gregory White
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience:  M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration
46856550

Improving Decision Making: Building a Simple Expert System

Expert systems typically use a large number of rules. This project has been simplified to reduce the number of rules, but it will give you experience working with a series of rules to develop an application.
When Employees at your company retire, they are given cash bonuses. These cash bonuses are based on the length of employment and the retiree's age. To receive a bonus, an employee must be at least 50 years of age and have worked for the company for five years. The following table summarizes the criteria for determining bonuses.

Instructions:

This assignment allows you to explore building a simple expert system using Microsoft Excel.  While simplified, this is the kind of tool that an IS/IT department may need to build for employees in an organization.

To submit the complete assignment, you must:

• Create an Excel spreadsheet that calculates the correct bonus when given the required information. (Do not use an expert system from the Web as recommended in the textbook.)

• set up your spreadsheet so that users select the appropriate length of employment category from a list as defined on page 484 of the text

• set up your spreadsheet so that the user cannot edit any values except the input fields

The "Length of Employment" categories should be:

5 - 10 years   (20% of current annual salary)
11 - 15 years (30% of current annual salary)
16 - 20 years (40% of current annual salary)
21 - 25 years (50% of current annual salary)
26 years or more (100% of current annual salary)

In addition to the work requested in the textbook, you must set use the “Scenario Manager” in Excel to set up the following What If

Analyses:

Name

Age

Length
of Service

Salary

XXXXX XXXXX

59

12

$120,000

G.I. Jane

42

20

$40,000

Beth Goodfellow

51

3

$97,000

Stephen Graham

58

28

$105,000

Kelsey Matthews

67

6

$78,000

Your spreadsheet should include, on a separate worksheet, the Scenario Summary for these scenarios.

For this assignment, you must hand in:

• an Excel spreadsheet

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi, thank you for the response. I am willing to wait for an answer because its important to have it completed as soon as possible.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am pleased with your efforts to assist me promptly. Thank you very much

Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Mr. Gregory White, Professor
Experience: M.A., M.S. Education / Educational Administration