Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
19873544

Part Two: Final Project 2: Portfolio Analysis Part A: Research

Part Two: Final Project 2: Portfolio Analysis

Part A: Research Online Trading Sites and DRIPs

For this part of the assignment, you will evaluate the choices in purchasing stock via online brokerage accounts (where you can buy and sell stock via the Internet) and the use of dividend reinvestment plans (known as DIPs and DRIPs) or mutual funds or index funds.

For online brokers, you will be looking for the requirements to open the accounts: costs, minimum balances, and other features. Because most DIPs or DRIPs are available from publicly traded companies, you can search their Web sites or a search engine on these plans and their requirements.

Perhaps the most famous and useful Web site for these programs is http://www.directinvesting.com/. You are to compare and contrast online brokerage to DIPs and DRIPs.

Required:

Research online trading sites and DRIPS as outlined below, and summarize your findings. Make sure to include a summary table of the relevant information.

Search three online trading sites, and determine the requirements for trading, including the price per trade. Compare and contrast the online trading companies. (2–3 pages)
Search the Web for three companies (look for investor information) that offer DIPs or DRIPs. (2–3 pages)
Compare and contrast the requirements, including minimum investments, nature of the return, costs, and other features. (1–2 pages)
Part B: Research Market Data on Bonds

Research the current (within the last two months) market data on bonds from AT&T, Dell, and IBM. Assume each bond has a par value of $1000, unless otherwise indicated. Cite your sources.

AT&T

Dell

IBM

Coupon

Maturity

Frequency

Rating

Required:

Complete the table above.
Calculate the value of the bond if your required return is 5% on AT&T, 6.5% on Dell, and 8% on IBM.
Determine the yield to maturity (YTM) on the bonds given the current price. Based on each bond’s ratings and your determination of its yield to maturity, explain how you rank each bond for risk and return.
Deliverable:

By Saturday, March 23, 2013, submit your responses to this Final Project assignment to the W3: Assignment 2 Dropbox. Your submission should be in a 5–10 page Microsoft Word or Excel document, showing your calculations. You can use the formulas embedded in Microsoft Excel and/or a financial calculator for these calculations.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
Hi

I can help you with these questions. I have solved these question before and can provide those as answer which you can use and reword to make your reponse. Let me know if this is ok with you.

Regards

Linda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That would be fine, if it covers the answers to all the questions.

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.

Will post the solution in 10-15 min as I am working on second part based on todays date.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much for the quick response.

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
For part to you have not provided certain figures. Make sure to check the figure I post matches your figures. If they are different then let me know.
Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Linda,

Can you please provide me with the sites used for Part B of the assignment?

Thanks

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.

Part B didn't require use of any site. All the information is provided in excel (Including the formula which you can see in formula Bar when you select appropriate cell)
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am looking for where you got the coupon rate etc on the companies.

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
I had worked on this question earlier as well as was always provided with coupon rate so I used those values. I didn't realize that for this question they asked you to search net. I think I will have to redo this solution based on new data.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Don't worry about it. I found what I needed. You did a really great job with this and I appreciate all your help.

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. If you need any help in future then please let me know.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Linda,

I have another assignment which I will need your help with. Will you be able to give me assistance?

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
I would be happy to help you. You can create a new post and write "FOR LINDA" at start of your post and post your question.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Ok will do