Linda_us
Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)
19873544

Question 1 A company purchased land for $350,000 cash.

Question 1

A company purchased land for $350,000 cash. Real estate brokers' commission was $25,000 and $35,000 was spent for demolishing an old building on the land before construction of a new building could start. Under the historical cost principle, the cost of land would be recorded at
Answer

$385,000.

$350,000.

$375,000.

$410,000.
10 points
Question 2

Which of the following is not properly classified as property, plant, and equipment?
Answer

Building used as a factory.

Land used in ordinary business operations.

A truck held for resale by an automobile dealership.

Land improvement, such as parking lots and fences.
10 points
Question 3

Which of the following would not be included in the Equipment account?
Answer

Installation costs.

Freight costs.

Cost of trial runs.

Electricity used by the machine.
10 points
Question 4

Which of the following assets does not decline in service potential over the course of its useful life?
Answer

Equipment.

Furnishings.

Land.

Fixtures.
10 points
Question 5

Aber Company buys land for $145,000 on 12/31/13. As of 3/31/14, the land has appreciated in value to $152,000. On 12/31/14, the land has an appraised value of $155,400. By what amount should the Land account be increased in 2014?
Answer

$0.

$7,000.

$3,400.

$10,400.
10 points
Question 6

Wesley Hospital installs a new parking lot. The paving cost $45,000 and the lights to illuminate the new parking area cost $18,000. Which of the following statements is true with respect to these additions?
Answer

$45,000 should be debited to the Land account.

$18,000 should be debited to Land Improvements.

$63,000 should be debited to the Land account.

$63,000 should be debited to Land Improvements.
10 points
Question 7

A company purchases a remote building site for computer operations. The building will be suitable for operations after some expenditures. The wiring must be replaced to computer specifications. The roof is leaky and must be replaced. All rooms must be repainted and recarpeted and there will also be some plumbing work done. Which of the following statements is true?
Answer

The cost of the building will not include the repainting and recarpeting costs.

The cost of the building will include the cost of replacing the roof.

The cost of the building is the purchase price of the building, while the additional expenditures are all capitalized as Building Improvements.

The wiring is part of the computer costs, not the building cost.
10 points
Question 8

In computing depreciation, salvage value is
Answer

the fair value of a plant asset on the date of acquisition.

subtracted from accumulated depreciation to determine the plant asset's depreciable cost.

an estimate of a plant asset's value at the end of its useful life.

ignored in all the depreciation methods.
10 points
Question 9

Equipment with a cost of $225,000 has an estimated salvage value of $15,000 and an estimated life of 4 years or 10,000 hours. It is to be depreciated by the straight-line method. What is the amount of depreciation for the first full year, during which the equipment was used 2,700 hours?
Answer

$56,250.

$52,500.

56,700.

$54,375.
10 points
Question 10

A company purchased factory equipment on April 1, 2014, for $96,000. It is estimated that the equipment will have a $12,000 salvage value at the end of its 10-year useful life. Using the straight-line method of depreciation, the amount to be recorded as depreciation expense at December 31, 2014, is
Answer

$9,600.

$8,400.

$6,300.

$7,200.
10 points
Question 11

A current liability is a debt that can reasonably be expected to be paid
Answer

within one year, or the operating cycle, whichever is longer.

between 6 months and 18 months.

out of currently recognized revenues.

out of cash currently on hand.
10 points
Question 12

Very often, failure to record a liability means failure to record a(n)
Answer

revenue.

asset conversion.

footnote.

expense.
10 points
Question 13

Sales taxes collected by a retailer are recorded by
Answer

crediting Sales Tax Revenue.

debiting Sales Tax Expense.

crediting Sales Taxes Payable.

debiting Sales Taxes Payable.
10 points
Question 14

The current portion of long-term debt should
Answer

be paid immediately.

be reclassified as a current liability.

be classified as a long-term liability.

not be separated from the long-term portion of debt.
10 points
Question 15

A retailer that collects sales taxes is acting as an agent for the
Answer

wholesaler.

customer.

taxing authority.

chamber of commerce.
10 points
Question 16

Which one of the following would not be considered an advantage of the corporate form of organization?
Answer

Limited liability of stockholders.

Separate legal existence.

Continuous life.

Government regulation.
10 poin
Category: Homework
Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for requesting me. Whats your deadline for this question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

before friday will be okay. by the way,do you answer other subject questions? for example:business law?

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.

Depends upon type of questions asked. If I am not able to do it I will refer to you another good expert.

I will post solution to these by tomorrow.

For future request please do write "FOR LINDA" at start of your post.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay, thank you very much

Expert:  F. Naz replied 1 year ago.

uestion 1

Answer

.

$410,000.
10 points
Question 2

Answer

10 points
Question 3

Answer

Electricity used by the machine.

10 points
Question 4

Answer

Land.

10 points
Question 5

Answer

$10,400.

10 points
Question 6

Answer

.

10 points
Question 7

Answer

10 points
Question 8

Answer

10 points
Question 9

Answer

$52,500.

10 points
Question 10

Answer

$6,300.

10 points
Question 11

Answer

10 points
Question 12

Answer

expense.
10 points
Question 13

Answer

crediting Sales Taxes Payable.

10 points
Question 14

Answer

be reclassified as a current liability.

10 points
Question 15

Answer

taxing authority.

10 points
Question 16

Answer

Government regulation.

Expert:  Linda_us replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Experience: Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)