Ryan
Ryan, Engineer
Experience:  B.S. in Civil Engineering
40260889

1)At one instant, the electric and magnetic fields at one point

1)At one instant, the electric and magnetic fields at one point of an electromagnetic wave are

a)What is the value of ?
b) What is the value of ?
c) What is the Poynting vector at this time and position? Find the -component.
d) Find the -component.

2) Unpolarized light of intensity is incident on a stack of 7 polarizing filters, each with its axis rotated 14 cw with respect to the previous filter. What light intensity emerges from the last filter?

#Note: the questions are not clear so I'm gonna upload the questions to be more clear once its assigned. By the way, its physics questions
Category: Homework
Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

I'm sorry that it has taken this long for your question to get an initial reply. It seems that your question may have initially been placed in a different category, as it has just now shown up on the Homework category question list.

Please post the complete problems at your convenience. I"ll be happy to take a look at them.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

These are the questions

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Thanks. I'll get started on these right away.

Do you need the intermediate steps, or just the final answers?

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

just the final answers

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Ok, great.

Here are the soutions:

Problem 34.42:

Part A: a = -12 (rounded to two significant figures)

Part B: B0 = 0.09

Part C: x-component = -3,800 W/m² (rounded to two significant figures)

Part D: y-component = 1900 W/m² (rounded to two significant figures)

Problem 34.64:
graphic

Please feel free to ask if you have questions about any of these solutions. Also, I expect that the program that you are entering these answers into may be very picky, so please don't hesitate to let me know if you get any feedback about these answers.

Thanks,

Ryan

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

All of them are correct except:

* 34.42 part B, and it says: Not quite. Check through your calculations; you may have made a rounding error or used the wrong number of significant figures.

*34.42 part C: wrong

*34.42 part D: wrong

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

For 32.42, part B, try 0.086

Let's see how that works before we move on to part c and d.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that's correct

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

these are the answers that I tried for part C but all of them are wrong

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

and those are the answers for part D that I tried but also all of them are wrong

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Ryan, Engineer
Experience: B.S. in Civil Engineering
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hey Ryan,

I have a question that has to be answered soon, please reply as soon as possible

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for using JustAnswer, and thank you for remembering me.

I'm sorry to say that this particular problem is outside my area of expertise. I would recommend that you post this as a new question so that it will be available to the other homework experts.

Thanks,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Could you please post it the experts? Because I don't know how to post a file as a written question

Expert:  Ryan replied 1 year ago.

I'd be happy to do that, if there was any way that I could. Unfortunately, I don't have the ability to open a new question for you.

You should, however, be able to open a new question and attach the image file to it, just like you did in this thread.

If you are having difficulty opening a new question, there should be a link on the page that leads you to Customer Service. I would expect that it is labeled "Help" or "Contact Us", or something similar. The Customer Service representatives will be able to assist you with opening a new question and attaching your file.

I'm sorry that there isn't more that I can do to help here.

Regards,

Ryan
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thanks