judybailey61
judybailey61, Bachelor's degree
Experience:  20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring
46206387

1) Shorelines are temporary geologic and topographic features.

1) Shorelines are temporary geologic and topographic features. Explain this statement. (Hint: what are some of the forces affecting both the erosion and deposition of materials? What are some common temporary shoreline features – both erosional and depositional?)

2) Examine Figure 9.4 in your textbook. What do you think is the cause of the “dip” (i.e., decrease) in salinity around the equator? Could it not be argued that higher temperature causes more evaporation from the ocean surface, which, in turn, results in higher salinity content?

3) Many people confuse the large void in the ozone layer with global warming. Can you distinguish between the two phenomena? Explain how each process may harm living things.

4) On a given day in the winter in St. Louis, Missouri it began snowing in the morning. The snow changed to rain by noon, later in the afternoon sleet was falling which turned to snow, and by evening rain was freezing on bridges and roadways. Explain how such a sequence of precipitation might occur.
5) Examine Figure 14.13. Given your understanding of the conditions required for the formation of a thunderstorm, why would there be so many thunderstorms in eastern Colorado and northeastern New Mexico? What is so special about this relatively small area?

6) Why are coastal and mountainous regions often much more windy than other locations at similar latitudes? Also, from this and earlier chapters on meteorology, are there other weather characteristics that are perhaps unique or different for these areas?

7) Compare and contrast the atmospheres of Jovian planets and the atmospheres of terrestrial planets. Why are the components of Jovian atmospheres so different from those of terrestrial planets?

8) How do we calculate or determine the distances to stars? What units do we use and what are the limitations (if any) of the method used for such calculations?

8 files please
Category: Homework
Expert:  judybailey61 replied 1 year ago.
Thanks for asking for me.

Before we begin, I just want to make sure about the value. It is 2 for 60 so this should be $240, but since we have been working successfully together, I can do these 8 for $200.

Can you confirm that this price is ok with you before I begin?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that is great

Thank yu

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes

Ok, great. We are good to go.

Judy
You didn't specify a due date.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

this week by Friday 22nd

Sounds good. Thanks. Judy
It will probably be late Friday. Is that ok? Like 10 p.m. EST
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

that's okay and thank you assistance

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
judybailey61, Bachelor's degree
Experience: 20 years teach mathematics and 20 years of tutoring