Linda_us, Finance, Accounts & Homework Tutor
Experience:  Post Graduate Diploma in Management (MBA)

Harrel Company acquired a patent on an oil extraction technique

Harrel Company acquired a patent on an oil extraction technique on January 1, 2010 for $5,000,000. It was expected to have a 10-year life and no residual value. Harrel uses straight-line amortization for patents. On December 31, 2011, the future cash flows from the patent were expected to be $600,000 per year for the next 8 years. The present value of these cash flows, discounted at Harrel’s market value of these cash flows, and discounted at Harrel’s market interest rate, is $2,800,000. At what amount should the patent be carried on the December 31, 2011 balance sheet? (Points : 4)

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
Hi Marilyn

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Did my answer help?

Let me know,