TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

*** For Mr: Bitbucket Only ***

*** For Mr: Bitbucket Only ***

Exercise:
Develop a Java application that will allow the students to submit information about themselves and the courses that they want to take for a given semester. The information will be stored in database, whose tables are shown in the following picture:

Use MySQL to create your database. You should populate the table Courses with the course codes and the course names for all of the courses that you are taking.

Your GUI should provide the necessary SWING components that will allow the user to enter and display the data. You will use JDBC to provide the following operations: 1. Insert new student and course information into the database 2. Retrieve, Update the existing information 3. Display student and course information in a JTable

Here is a link of this Exrsice. It is helpful.
http://www.mediafire.com/?j8zfmwdfr585pdh

>> the due Date for this Homework is this Wednesday.
Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I am a Moderator for this topic. I sent your requested Professional a message to follow up with you here, when he is back online. If I can help further, please let me know. Thank you for your continued patience.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Mr: Josie.

I am waiting for any response.
Hopefully, I get quick answer.

Thanks.
Expert:  bitbucket replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Thank you for asking me again.

I can definitely build this program for you but. The time frame and the amount you are offering is very less compared to the complexity involved. I'll be happy to help you if you can increase the price.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Welcome again Mr: Bitbucket
I know that your knowledgeable is very strong. That is what makes me asking you in every single time.

In this question, I cane reprice the amount to 85
Expert:  bitbucket replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm currently not around and from my understanding this program is fairly complex and lengthy so I'll opt out and let other experts help you with this so that someone can provide you a solution before Wednesday.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I see.
Okeytion, good luck.
I am waiting.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

The previous professional was extremely accurate. This is a very large undertaking. However, I thought it looked interesting so I completed it for you.

You can download the project here:

You will find a few differet files within the zip file.

The first that you will notice is registration_database.sql

This contains a dump file of the database that is required for the project.

The next file is mysql-connector-java-5.1.21-bin.jar

This is the jdbc file that is required to get your Java IDE project to connect to MySQL.

The project was completed in NetBeans.

Inside of the registration.zip file, you will find the project files. I would suggest that you not even unzip that file.

In Netbeans, go to File->Import Project->From Zip.

That will add the project to your Netbeans. But then you may also need to add the mysql jar file to your IDE. So, once you have the project open in NetBeans, right click on the project name and select "Properties"

Select "Libraries" and then selec the "Add JAR/Folder" button.

Find the myql jar file that I have included and add it. Then click OK to get out of those dialogs.

The project relies on a MySQL database running and there is a connection string to that database used throughout the project. So make certain that you do, in fact, have MySQL running on your computer.

You can use the sql file that I sent to create the database for this project. After everything is created, there is one last task. You must make certain that the database connection string matches YOUR setup and not just mine.

Open up the project and then expand the pkgDataSources package. Then open up the CDatabaseLayer.java file.

In that file, you will find the following line 9 times:

Connection conn = DriverManager.getConnection("jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/registration","root","");

Pay close attention to the content withint he paranthesis:

"jdbc:mysql://localhost:3306/registration","root",""

The first part says that the database is on localhost (your computer), running on port 3306 (the default when you install MySQL).

Then it says that the database you wish to use is called "registration".

Finally, it says that your user name is "root", and your password XXXXX XXXXX

If any of your setting on your computer are different, you will need to change this string in order to make it work on your system.

I realize that is a lot to take in, as this was a humongous project. You should do very well as far as scoring of your coding effort goes.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much and have a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you so much Mr; The doctor

I am going to school right now.
Once I finish, I will try to do everything.

Wish the best.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
You are very welcome! I hope you enjoy your day.

Let me know if you need anything.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Oh my gash :(

I post yesterday response on the project, but I think because I used my phone.

It is my fault Mr;TheDoctor

Here is my response.

Thank you for your job. I was talking with my professor about the assignment and she want it works on Eclipse platform.

Moreover, I tried to do the steps(import the project file and so on) which you told me, but I have an issue in my Netbeans.

Here is the snapshot.

http://www16.mediafire.com/convkey/f722/qb74awa6rdtur77fg.jpg

so sorry. I was waiting whole the day yesterday. :(

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

From your picture it appears that you are not able to import from zip.

I believe this is because you are using version NetBeans 7.1.2

That version is 8 months outdated. The current version is 7.3. 7.2 was released in July of last year.

I will work on transferring the project over to Eclipse and will contact you once I am done.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much Sir;

I am going to install the new version of NetBeans.

By the way,
I need your help after two hours from now. I will have assignment in class and we have to do it before we leave the class.

It is similar to this what you have done right now.
Are you going to be available ???

It must finish in hour and a half.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I apologize. However, I will not be available. You can still enter your question to the general homework category for other professionals to assist.

Again, I will contact you once I have this project transferred over to Eclipse.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That is Fine.
I will do so.

Okay, Thank you Again.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

If I am online when your question comes through, I will certainly take a look at it.

Here is the project set up for Eclipse:

http://wikisend.com/download/548194/registration.zip

To open this project in Eclipse, first unzip the file.

Then, in Eclipse, select File->New->Java Project

For the project name enter registration

Then deselect the "Use default location"

Then click the browse button for the location. Find the registration folder that you just unzipped and select that as the location. Eclipse's directory listing is very different than is standard, so it may be easiest if you place the registration folder on your desktop.

Once you have successfully set the location, click on the "Finish" button.

Now that the project is open in Eclipse, you need to check the set a buildpath to the MySQL JDBC driver. I included in the the lib directory inside this zip file.

In Eclipse, expand Registration->src->registration and open (double click) on the Registration.java file.

Now, in the top menu, select Project->Properties

On the left, select Java Build Path

Make sure the "Libraries" tab is selected.

Now, there may or may not be an entry for mysql-connector-java-5.1.21-bin.jar

If there is, select it and then click on the "Remove" button.

Now, we want that lib included. So click on the Add External JARs

Navigate to the LIB directory within the registration directory and select the mysql jar file.

Now that you have included the JAR file, go ahead and click "OK" to close the dialog.

Now, assuming that you have your system set up correct, you are ready to run the project. This means that you have MySQL set up correctly and running and the database has been created correctly.

This should be ready for you to turn in now. Let me know if you run into anything.

Please remember to rate my answer. It is the only way that I receive credit for my time and effort. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank you so much.
I will try it now before I go to school after 20 mins from now.
I appreciate your help.

the class start after hour and 20 mins from now.
I am really want you to be available at this time.

thank you again :)

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.

You are very welcome. Once you have had a chance to review everything, please remember to review my answer.

If I am available at that time, I will review your question.

Thank you again

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hello again;

so sorry to inconvenience you Mr; TheDoctor

I was so busy last two days. and I just now trying to check the project.

Unfortunately, I couldn't make it work so far.

could you please have a look on the images. ( for the MySQL + Eclipse).

So sorry.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I assure you that it does, in fact, completely work. However, it does require that you have everything set up on your computer correctly. Unfortunately, Java is not a language (especially when dealing with JDBC) where you can simply open a project and run it. There are a large number of settings that must be correct on your system, from system classpath variables to buildpath files to JRE installations.

I will gladly take a look at what is going on with your effort. However, you didn't include any images.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

AOH, My apologize .

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?nf8ih8ta3338nwn

http://www.mediafire.com/view/?bw1pk35a4d2el54

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
I am going to need a few more screenshots.

First, click on the down arrow that is right next to the play button and select "Run configurations" and take a screenshot.

Next, right click on "Registration", then select "Properties" then select "Build Path" and take a screen shot.

Next, please close all of those other projects. Right click on them and select "Close Project" so that registration is the only one open.

Now, notice how there is a red exclamation point next to registration? Select the "Problems" tab in the bottom window and take a screen shot (only after you close all of those other projects).

Then send me all of those screenshots.

Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

give me few minutes please :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes Mr;TheDoctor

I just tried to fix the issue over and over. Finally, I did something well.

the project now is works. However, there is still something wrong.

Once I try to add new student, it appears threads errors.

Here are the pictures.

http://www.mediafire.com/?ox5t252plc2ovp2,a8vjn2aa1quo0qe,w9duasm9bzncw14,a1updbce878af6z,89713s9pi11vfsj

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
I need to see the entire stack trace of that error, as I am receiving no error.

You see the redness down in Eclipse in the console? I need to see that entire stack trace.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.

Alright, that is a JDBC driver error. So the issue is with your system, not any of the code. It is attempting to connect to your database but cannot find a suitable driver. The jar file that you put into the buildpath should be a suitable driver.

So do this:

1.) right click on registration and click "Close Unrelated Projects"

2.) Click on project in the menu and select "Clean", then select project again and select "Build"

3.) Go back to project properties and confirm that the mysql jar is in the buildpath.

While you are doing that, I will get you a different driver

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Here is a newer driver:

Unzip that and place the jar file in your lib directory for the project and delete the older jar file. Then, in your project, go to properties and remove the mysql jar from the build path. Then add this new one.

Then try again. You should no longer receive any error about not being able to find a suitable driver, as you are including the driver in the build path.

Let me know how it goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ummm,

I did so, However it is still gives me different errors.

http://www.mediafire.com/?dppid4pfodgxjsr

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

excuse me TheDoctor

I just fixed the issue. It was with the "root" and "password" for MySQL server.

I didn't change them before and now is working pretty well :)
thank you so much.

and my apologize for my convenience.

thank you again. :)

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
No problem at all. I am glad you were able to fix it.

If you ever need assistance again in the future, please feel free to request me directly by starting your questions with **For TheDoctor**

Thank you so much and have a great night!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will :)

thank you and you Too :)

I am going to do something Nice For You :)

enjoy your time. have a good one :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry TheDoctor,
I clicked quick and I couldn't put any bounce on your job :(

any suggestion !?

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I appreciate the thought. I believe that you can still do it, though I am not too familiar with the customer-side of the site.

You can contact support at:

support@justanswer.com

They should be able to help you out.

Thank you again!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Good Morning/ Evening Mr;TheDoctor

I just notice something I didn't mention it before.

In the main page, it shouldn't contents more than 4 options.

1. Insert new student and course information into the database

2. Retrieve, Update the existing information
3. Display student and course information in a JTable

4. Exit

could you please make some little change on it.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
That is more than three options.
1. Insert new student and course information into the database.
So you need an option to enter a new student, and you need an option to enter a new course.
The application is to allow students to enter information about themselves and the courses that they wish to take. So the next option that is requires id:
Enter registration information.
So you need an options to view each table and edit information (which is available when you click on a record in the application).
Every option that is currently in the application is required per those instructions.
You really shouldn't reduce the amount of functionality. I've never met an instructor who said, "Oh, you made it too functional." And I have taken more college and graduate school courses than I care to remember.
Yes, perhaps there is a little extra functionality. But every single requirement is met. Most instructors are impressed by extra functionality. Changing it now will take many more hours of work on a project that has already taken 10+ hours, and it won't be helping you out any.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

welcome Mr:TheDoctor,

I understood what you said.

as you said most instructors are impressed by extra functionality. However, the professor asked us to make the main menu contents just Four Buttons.

If you see that is so hard, just left it.

\\ Thank you.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,
I have changed it to four buttons, with one being the exit button:

Attachment: 2013-03-16_052202_changes.zip

I am just sending you the altered files. So unzip this folder and replace these files into the registration package of the project.
I kept all the functionality by adding the "Add" buttons to the show pages. So now the main menu only has four buttons.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Thank You so much.
I apprecaite your help.

> by the way, I sent an email for the contact justanwer, but it might they didn't anderstand me.

I told them that I did rate your job, but how I can give a bounce after I left the rating page. !

I will try to do so.

I will not forget to give a bounce too.

have a nice night/day.

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again,

I really do appreciate the thought. It is actually called a bonus. Bounce is something that a ball does. For instance, if I throw a basketball at the ground, it will bounce.

I will forward your concern to customer service just in case they did not understand. Again, you are in no way obligated to do so. Though I really appreciate your trying.

Thank you again
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

OOOOh my gashhhh

it is my mistake Doctor. :)

it is just because my second language. :)
and your explain was perfect :)
anyway, I updated the project and it looks like pretty good.

And I put a little bit bonus on your job.

Good Luck : )

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Thank you very much. Have a great day!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mr; The Doctor :)

so so sorry, I thought i gave the bonus last time :( it was just in my account
:(

anyway, Just quick question :)

are you familiar with internet programming area ?

I remembered you said so.

I am going to ask new question and I need it to be done during two/three days.

please, have a look on the question.

good luck :)