TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems
59032869

I need help with an assignment:I can provide the zip file

I need help with an assignment:
I can provide the zip file that contains everything you need, plus the codes.
Assignment direction is:
INDEX.html Home Page

1. There is a banner ad at the top of the index page called banner1.jpg. Create a cycling banner ad using the 3 banner ad images supplied on the disk (bannerad1.jpg, bannerad2.jpg and bannerad3.jpg). Add a link to bannerad2 that will take the user to www.bigmtn.com and add a link to bannerad3 that will take the user to www.bridgerbowl.com .

2. There are three navigational buttons located on the first page. Each of these has the word up incorporated in their image name. Each image has a corresponding down image with the word down incorporated in the image name. Create a roll over effect and a mouse down effect that will swap the up image with the down image.

PHOTOS.htm page

3. There are three small photos on this page. Each of them has a corresponding big image. Create a script that will open a new window with the exact dimensions of the photo when the user clicks on the image.

4. Make a roll over effect for the back button as you did in step 2.

5. Create a script that will display the time at the bottom of the page after the words, “The Time is:”

CONTACTUS.htm page

6. Create a script that will validate all of the text boxes the user must fill out by ensuring that:
a. the user inputs doesn’t leave any boxes empty
b. the user inputs a valid zip code
c. the user inputs a valid an email address

7. Create a roll over effect for the back button once again

RESORTS.htm page

8. Create a CSS for this page. Have all subheaders be bold and have a space below them of 2 em. Have the text body have a left margin of 3em.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Here's the zip file.

Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, I am still interested in your help.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

Please provide all of the files. You should be able to attach a zip file to this thread. Otherwise, you can upload to http://ge.tt

Once uploaded, you will be given a link on the right. Click on the 'Copy Link' option and then paste it here.

Thank you
Hello again,

I retrieved your files from a previous question where you attached the files.

I can get this completed quickly if you still need assistance.

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes, please. Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Thank you. I will contact you soon with the completed assignment.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX for your response(s) in the morning. Thanks for your help. good night.

Hello again!

You can download the completed assignment here:

Every single requirement from the directions document has been addressed.

Let me know if you have any questions. I am here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. It is the only way that I receive credit for my time and effort. If you require more assistance, simply continue our conversation before leaving any rating.

If you ever require assistance with web development again, please feel free to request me directly by starting your questions with **For TheDoctor**.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer. Have a great day!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

TheDoctor,

Can you tell me which files you worked on and how I can open them? When I tried to open the HTML contactus file the codes are all distorted.

I used notepad to view the codes.

Please advise

Hello again,

I used a regular text editor to edit the code. The code was quite jumbled when I got to it, so I am not certain to what you are referencing.

If you open the html files in your browser, you will see that all of the requirements have been fully met.

Notepad is not a great tool for viewing HTML. My preferred tool is Aptana Studio, which you can obtain for free http://www.aptana.com/products/studio3

Aptana Studio is not a Graphical web site editor. It is considered an Integrated Development Environment. All of the code is still 100% plain text. There is no graphical "design view" that many instructors (and most web developer) abhor.

I am assuming that this is for a web site design or development course? Did you get the code like this?

I ask because using tables in the manner that they are used in these files is something I haven't seen in 12 - 13 years. In the web development industry, using tables to do site layout has become completely unacceptible. You would not be permitted to do it in any professional capacity, and any potential employer would cringe at the site of this code.

In addition, a lot of the code is extremely deprecated. The script tag hasn't used a "language" attribute in a very long time. And none of the files have a declared doctype. Around the turn of this century, page layout became the exclusive domain of CSS. There is absolutely nothing on any of your pages that needs a single table. In fact, I could easily turn 150 lines of code in one of these files into less than 30 lines of code, and have it layed out better.

From the instructions that you provided, it looks like your received the code this way. If that is the case, then your instructor is the most woefully outdated web developer I have run into in a long time. I promise you that this type of code is completely unacceptible in modern development.

I only bring this up for your benefit. CSS layout has been the standard for over a decade. Using tables in the manner they have been used in these files is now considered anathema to good web design.

But back to your issue:

Proper code is indented. There are indenting standards, none of which appear to have been followed in these documents. I did my best to follow modern best-practices. Regardless, all of the functionality meets the requirements 100%.

Let me know if you need additional assistance, or if you would like to see an example of how one of these pages could be accomplished with a fraction of the code and no tables. I am here to help.

And please remember to rate my answer, that is very critical.

You can contact me directly with any future assignments that you need assistance with by starting your questions with **For TheDoctor**.

Thank you so much and have a wonderful night.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

TheDoctor:

Thank you I was able to open and saw your great work:

I have several concerns and don't know if it's my end: I did not see the following requirements get fulfilled:

CONTACTUS.htm page- requirement filled 100% very happy

PHOTOS.htm page- Missing a few details: the 3 pix didn't open in a new windwow- or is it me can you check on your end, please?

INDEX.html Home Page- I didn't see the two links (rqment #1)

Hello again,

You are right about the two links on the rotating banner. I missed that. I apologize.

The photos page on my end, each picture opens up in a new window when clicked on. However, when you are dealing with code like this, it is extremely easy to break that functionality. Please zip everything that you currently have up and send it to me. Just zip everything up and send attach it to this thread like you did before.

I will add those links to the index and check out the photo page.

Also, please let me know what browser you are using and what version of that browser you are using.

Thank you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

TheDoctor:

I have several concerns and don't know if it's my end: I did not see the following requirements get fulfilled: I would highly recommend and will use "TheDoctor" again. I'm very impress.

RESORTS.htm page- 100% ecstatic

PHOTOS.htm page- Missing the "time" web didn't display the actual time.reqmnt #5:

1. Create a script that will display the time at the bottom of the page after the words, “The Time is:”

INDEX.html Home Page- I didn't see the two links (rqment #1) "

1. Add a link to bannerad2 that will take the user to www.bigmtn.com and add a link to bannerad3 that will take the user to www.bridgerbowl.com .

I am using IE9. no worries, just do the same as you did before, I just had to extract the files before it can open correctly. THANK YOU!!!!!! so much. what a relief. You are a genius. Please let me know if your great with macro as well?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Attachment: 2013-03-12_035756_2013-03-11_021053_completedproject.zip

I was able to open the 3 pix. It just took a little longer than I thought.

is there another way to attach files, it doesn't work. Can you use what you sent me earlier?

So looks like it attached the file you sent earlier.

THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!

You need to spend $3 to view this post. Add Funds to your account and buy credits.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems