TheDoctor
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience:  M.S. in Internet Information Systems

Database: Select an organization of your choice. Some ideas

Customer Question

Database: Select an organization of your choice. Some ideas might be a small business, local government, or a nonprofit organization. Alternatively, you may use a Virtual Organization found on the Virtual Organization website. Imagine the organization requires a database driven application that will store basic user profile and login information. Create a database and a database schema that provides details of the tables, relationships, and keys incorporating the profile details. You choose the software in which to build the schema. Include example data in the database. Create a SQL dump file of your database if it is built from one of the following database management systems (DBMSs): Microsoft® SQL Server®, Oracle®, mySQL®, or Microsoft® Access®.

Category: Homework
Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Hi, I'm a Moderator for this topic. I've been working hard to find a Professional to assist you right away, but sometimes finding the right Professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're ok with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yes, I can wait 24hrs for a response.

Expert:  Josie-Mod replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your continued patience. We will continue the search for a Professional for you.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. It would be my pleasure to assist you with this.

I will contact you once this is complete.

Thank you
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

You can download the completed database here:

This is a dump file from MySQL. It includes 10 table, all of which have primary keys. There are foreign keys where necessary, and there are check constraints where they are warranted.

I also inserted data into each of the ten tables.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm here to help.

Please remember to rate my answer. It is the only way that I receive credit for my time and effort. If you require more assistance, simply continue our conversation before leaving any rating.

If you ever need assistance with databases or web development in the future, please feel free to request me directly by starting your questions with **For TheDoctor**. It would be my honor to assist you again in the future.

Thank you so much for using JustAnswer. Have a great day!
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Hello again!

I see that you were able to retrieve the dump file.

The database is one for a shelter. It is 100% original work. If you would prefer to have it in either SQL Server or Oracle, just let me know.

Please remember to rate my answer. Thank you so much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I installed MySQL for Windows, full version from Oracle and tried to use Data Import/Restore to open the file, but I got this error message:

ERROR 1064 (42000) at line 1: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near 'PK' at line 1

Not sure what to do. I think the SQL version I have might be version 5.6.10.1.msi

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
The file that I sent you is a dump file from MySQL. It is impossible for it to have a syntax error.

Like most developers, I use phpMyAdmin and MySQL workbench. I'm downloading what you downloaded so that we are on the same page and I can give you better instructions. One odd thing is that the string 'PK' doesn't appear once in the file that I sent you.

I will get back to you shortly.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Are you using MySQL Workbench to attempt to load the file that I sent you?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Yea

Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
Thank you,

I am writing up your instructions now.
Expert:  TheDoctor replied 1 year ago.
THIS ANSWER IS LOCKED!
You can view this answer by clicking here to Register or Login and paying $3.
If you've already paid for this answer, simply Login.
TheDoctor, Professional w/Adv. Degree
Experience: M.S. in Internet Information Systems